Help from experts

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hitsua
Out of all the races, orc is the best. Someone(Chibi I Think)mentioned how farms where so good beacuse they are so damn cheap. That is true but where is the defence they produce? Orcs burrows(a.k.a farms) dont need to be upgraded to attack, just stuff a few peons in thier and you have a tower. Also, once you make a watch tower, no more upgrading to attack units.
Yes, maybe so, but while your stuffing Peons into your Burrows, you're also leting your Economy slip away lossing precious gold, thus doing exactly what you opponent wanted you to do.

Then there is the hero's. The archmage is the only good human hero. All 3 orc hero's are good. First lets start with blademaster. 25-47 attack to begin with(most in the game). What other way to screw up your enimies than mirror image, seeing doubles isnt always good. Get windwalk, sneak into thier base, and attack. Critacal strike there is, allows 15% and so on to 20 twice as much damage. If you rush, thats a 15% chance to do about 100 damage. And last, but not least bladestrom(storm w/e). Need to kill some towers??? Use bladestrom(storm), killing a hella lot of units and/or farms.
All of the BladeMasters spells can be taken away with items. Double image is sooo easy to get rid of, just look to see which one just damage, then dispel that one and attack the other. Windwalk is no use, 'specially with a Gem of True Seeing, and Detection units. And Critical strike is kinda like bash, but is sooo rare, that it is hardly a consern for most players. And his ultimate sucks. Wow, he spins around hacking units, but he never kills strong ones and moves to far off course.

Next, the tauren chieftan, good attack but great spells. Once level 6, he will keep coming back to life after he dies. Then enderance arua, auro, aora(how ever the :lucifer you sepll it). Shockwave can take of alot of health of enimies, allowing for easy death. I suppose thier isnt much more, but is probaly the hardest to kill hero.
He only has enough Mana to use that worthless excuse of a Ultimate once, then he has no more to do anything! All he is is a tank for damage, nothing else, nothing more. His Aura is good, no doubt there. Shockwave is ok, and same with Stomp which you forgot to mention. Just surround him and keep your units alive with SoH and he's gone in seconds.

And finnaly the farsee. A rush with a 2 far see's would be great. First use one of them to send feral spirts to find bases. The go in with both. Attack with one, and the other can use chain lighting on pesants. Then thier is the all might earthquake. Just one quake can take up to 12 farms, towers etc at one time! If you are going caster's you should definetly go far see.
D&D is far more destructive then Earthquake. Feral Spirit can be Dispelled, so no worries there. Chain Lightning is only good for killing weak units until it's at lvl 3. You also seemed to forget to mention the skill that gives him his name, Farsee(I think?) is a good tool for scouting.

Moving on to the units, orc is the easiest to upgrade. If you upgrade defense, it upgrades every unit. Upgrading meele attacks may be a bit expensive, but its well worth it. Fully upgrade tauren kick :nooob ass(or any ass in that matter. But most of all, orc has the best caster. Very cheap, and very good. Bloodlust you guys, and send em' in. Orcs may use up trees(woope) and they also have to almighty tower rush, and burrow rush.
NE have the same thing dude. Upgrade their defenses, all units (ground) get the upgrade. Tauren are so large and slow, they can easily be chewed thru with a batch of Cracklings and Gargs. Bloodlust can be Dispelled also, making Purge one of the only good spells the Shamen has. Their towers are so flimsy, you could take 5 out with 1 squad(12) of teir 1 units.

Orcs are not the best, lol.

Zaku

Reaction score

Then enderance arua, auro, aora(how ever the :lucifer you sepll it).

~Aura ~ ;)

And finnaly the farsee. A rush with a 2 far see's would be great.

~FarSeer~ :mad:

Well thatsa ll i have to say for now.

~Well thats all I have to say for now.~ :fwink
okay; you did bring up some good points about the orcish horde.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
oh thanks zaku. And who in the hell would have dispel in the first few minutes of the game???

Biske

Reaction score
Priests boy, preists. Get them by the second day. And it only take 7 circles for one of those to be made. In the early game, the blademaster is'nt 'deadly' anyway.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Yah but priest are easy to kill. And they do like 12-15 damage max. Fully upgraded milita do more than that

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
But ok ok, i see where your going, but assume you rush undead, night elf or orc.

Biske

Reaction score
Militia don't upgrade Hitsua. And can you go deeper with your last statement above this one? Got me lost there.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chibi

NE have the same thing dude. Upgrade their defenses, all units (ground) get the upgrade. Tauren are so large and slow, they can easily be chewed thru with a batch of Cracklings and Gargs. Bloodlust can be Dispelled also, making Purge one of the only good spells the Shamen has. Their towers are so flimsy, you could take 5 out with 1 squad(12) of teir 1 units.

And no, 1 upgrade doesnt upgrade ALL ground units. What about druid of the claw in bear form??? And what about Dryads???

Biske

Reaction score
They aren't classified as the main stay of your troops. Teir 1 Ground troops get the Moon Armour Upgrades, they have the other one ment for beast and crap.

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
and yes you can upgrade milita with the same upgrades as footmen. And im not bagging on human. The very first game i played was with humans. When i was a noob. But thats all thier good for noobs. I dont even play with orc. I usally play with random.

Biske

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they don't upgrade Hitsua. They only get a Fighting bonus when they convert to Milita

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Im pretty sure you can. They are one of those units you woundlt expect upgraded, like skeleton warriors.

And im gonna go play ps2 for a while so im not gonna reply for 20 min or so.

Zaku

Reaction score
I think the mittla do upgrade(with the same things as footies, Omit defend)

Biske

Reaction score
I know Skelis do Upgrade, but I'll go get a Screen shot and see which it is.

Biske

Reaction score
Well what do ya know, but we were both right. You were right: Militia do have the same Upgrades as Footies. I was right: Peasents don't upgrade.(revert back to my post before Hitsua said he was going to leave.)

Hitsua

+
Reaction score
Yah but priest are easy to kill. And they do like 12-15 damage max. Fully upgraded milita do more than that
i never said pesants could

HuJuWaMeKill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Farms can help block in towers and protect them from attack. This was a more important idea in War2 but still works for humans in War3. In War2, walled in cannon towers were great defense. Now there are more area of efffect spells that can waste your buildings. Do the good players still wall in towers using farms or am I just stuck on an old strat?