Hellboy 2: Golden Army

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I am seeing it with my friend on Wednesday. Although he doesnt really know anything about the Hellboy series (except for the first movie), I lent him my early Hellboy comics and I made him watch Hellboy Animated: Sword of Storms to get him into the feel of things.

It already looks cool, and I believe it will be better or just as good as the first movie.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah that does suck. Hell, most video games for you guys come out like weeks or months later.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Going to see it today. Good thing my friend's van broke down and he can't go to work. And going from Markham to Toronto to the location of the job is not fun at all.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.

Australia doesn't get this movie for another month.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I have to see it tommorow now. My friend's van got fried and by the time we were going to head out to the theater, his dad called asking him to babysit his 6 year old sister till he got off work.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Russelvilles theater was ok, but the new one here in Fayetteville is awesome. Did you see Journey tot he Center of the Earth in 3D?
Nah, not even sure how they'd do that? Hand out those crazy cardboard glasses at the entry point? The whole movie definitely had the feel of being made for 3D though, I bet it would be pretty sweet if we had seen it that way.

Yeah, Russellville's theater isn't the most amazing one around, but at least it shows 11 titles at once, and is about the only damn thing for people to do around here. It blows my mind that Russellville is the "hot spot party town" for all the little ****splat towns around here like Ola and crap. It's sad, there's not much to do here.

So yeah, went and saw Hellboy 2 Tuesday. Loved it. The style of effects was awesome, and it was pretty full of general good humor while retaining a seriousness to the plotline. Maybe not Guillermo del Toro's best work ever, but it was great nonetheless.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Came out in Aus like last week, saw it then. It was... ok. The opening scene where Hellboy is like 13 is terrible. He looks retarded, i know it sets the scene for the rest of the movie, but they should've done it another way. That whole scene i was cringing at how bad Hellboy looked and just praying that it'd be over soon.

I think they over did the whole fantasy thing. And there was too much emotion, i just wanted a gnarly action movie with some sweet one-liners, but all i got was a few love songs and twins.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
The real funny part is when Abe and Hellboy get drunk, and start singing to Manilow.

"But my body is a temple..."
"NAH! It's an amusement park"

Or when Krauss' suit broke and he merged with the lockers to bash Hellboy around.

It was a pretty good movie. Considering Hellboy was ment to be action/comedy.