Hats off to Oger!!!!!!

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Darth-Laoshi said:
I'm a little confused, but here's how I see it...

Is being ranked #1 (or anywhere visible) on the Ladder cool? Definitely! Therefore, congrats to SweatyOgre and anyone else on here establishing a rank.

Is being ranked #1 (or anywhere visible) on the Ladder difficult? I'm not so sure about that one. Some of these posts seem to imply that the Ladder ranks how good of a player you are. That's false. The Ladder simply tracks who has the most EXP at any given moment. It's actually a race... and it's not even fair. In a real-life race, the runners know when the race begins and they can set aside time in their day to start and finish the race. However, BNET doesn't disclose the starting time (Ladder reset) and worst of all - makes it a Monday, where most people can't stay up all night, as they have to go to work in the morning. Not all of us are in high school on summer break. Not all of us can call in a vacation day on the spot. Therefore, a huge % of the competition is already at an extreme disadvantage.

Now, we've all read "character builds" and "leveling guides". To be #1, all you gotta do is...
- get lucky and sign on to BNET just as the Ladder resets
- make a character that kills fast and/or benefits the party
- join 8-player games
- be in the appropriate place to gain EXP according to your level

In my opinion, we all know these things and any one of us had a shot at doing it if we had got lucky and had 24+ hrs to burn. Am I wrong here??? (The answer is "No, Darth-Laoshi, you are precisely correct").
Have you ever stayed up 36hrs?

Darth-Laoshi

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, I've stayed up 36+ hrs at a time. Is your point that the Ladder ranks who's best at dealing with sleep deprivation? :frustrate What if I don't have a supply of Gatorade and Chips Ahoy SoftBatch cookies while I play? I run down to the store and some fool gets in a few baal runs and gains a lvl on me! What if I have to take a dump after all these cookies? Now I gotta keep a bed pan next to the desk!

I mean what's the deal? Is SweatyOgre hooked up to some I.V. coffee machine, while wearing a diaper and having his eye-lids taped back? This is the "UberGodly#1RankChampion"?! I don't mean any disrespect... I'm getting a bit silly now... like I said earlier, being ranked is cool... but seriously, it only shows obsession!

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
So what. Its not you, but its still kinda cool to see some one we know up there no matter how addicted he is.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
i would've been up there but they kicked me out because of the gay "05'ers not allowed" gig :frustrate

i am an 05'er, when you joined doesn't mean shit when you don't baal w/ 100% bf people, when you get to high ladder, u baal with the people your level... i was 10 lvls back, when sweaty was #1 and i still got to baal with him and the other ranked #1-7 people...

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
GOGOGO MR. STAFF:heart

But let me remind you that the real race begins at 97;)

@MacMan: DO YOU PLAY D2??

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
last time i checked he was #3, the gods beat him... God-Dam has Tal Armor :shocked its so unfair... I shoulda snarf'd it... DAMN YOU LACK OF PICKIT

sweaty
astro
god-dess
god-damn
nick
Leet [thats me :p]
Undead

and a few select others get the chance to baal with him, we were hauling so much ass during those baal runs.... then we got split up due to 'baal pickiting' if you will...

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
How is the ol sweaty doing now? Or has he finally collapsed from lack of everything?

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
He msged and said he died and was pissed. Then said he was getting an hour or so sleep and going to work. This was roughly 6am est. I believe he was lvl 87 and still #1 overall ladder.

The ladder is a race, and yes it does take commitment, and stamina to stay awake. Sweaty is one of the lucky/insane few that could lvl without the interference of work. To a certain degree it is hard to lvl up, if you die often then fall behind, letting others to race past you, or at least come close. Stopping for sleep, food, work, ect will also allow others to level past you. For these reasons I will never be able to rank anywhere in the top 10 unless I get a 3 week notice before reset lol. So yes the ladder shows only your exp and lvl, but also to a degree shows how well you play, and stay alive. To be ranked #1 in all of the USEast Ladder SC is amazing if you really think about it. I mean how many people do you think are playing the new ladder season all together, and Sweaty beat every last 1 of them.

Yes Galatia the real race has not even begun, that is where the truely determined player will emerge. 1 death can make or brake a #1 rank. Also since he is this lvl, I can almost garentee their was no time to really MF yet, so he must still be wearing whatever he has found, bought, or was given. Not giving him too much to go on as far as pimped out gear. Which to me makes it even more impressive. Hopefully his time at work will not hinder him too much when he comes back on.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
if only he let me into his baaling party... i did about 50 hell meph runs w/ my sorc, and found some pretty good gear (few uniques [i have a ss now]) and was willing to hook him up with them, but not being allowed into their baaling party (he has his dnd message on so he doesnt get any whispers [i told him to use it :hbut])

oh well... i gotta get some reading done before school starts, so good luck with the leveling sweaty, and glad to see your back to #1

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
Damn. I wondr when hell stop. And if hell make it to 99 and number one for the rest of the season ^^.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
I bet sweaty's been up for past 48 hours by now>< he wont even respond in his own thread.... but still i know who astro is>< at least i think, and i haven't been on the new ladder but have been on the new patch.... Blizz sux for making new patch back to back from ladder reset but they ARE smart in their part with that. They gave ppl time to adapt to the new patch but made it uber hard to lvl up now!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Darth-Laoshi said:
Yes, I've stayed up 36+ hrs at a time. Is your point that the Ladder ranks who's best at dealing with sleep deprivation? :frustrate What if I don't have a supply of Gatorade and Chips Ahoy SoftBatch cookies while I play? I run down to the store and some fool gets in a few baal runs and gains a lvl on me! What if I have to take a dump after all these cookies? Now I gotta keep a bed pan next to the desk!

I mean what's the deal? Is SweatyOgre hooked up to some I.V. coffee machine, while wearing a diaper and having his eye-lids taped back? This is the "UberGodly#1RankChampion"?! I don't mean any disrespect... I'm getting a bit silly now... like I said earlier, being ranked is cool... but seriously, it only shows obsession!
So whats your point? We're simply congratulating our friend here for being 1st in rnaked (now 4th), can you stop your argument now? Thx.

No, sweaty went to bed actually for bit, then went to work, which dropped him to 4th (according to him).

Frodo1

Member!
Reaction score
SweatyOgre said:
Farewell SweatyOgre, #5 overall on USEast.
Farewell, SweatyOgre. The King is Dead, long live the King. :shocked

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
SweatyOgre said:
Farewell SweatyOgre, #5 overall on USEast.
your password died on you too? :(

GoD-Dess

Reaction score
Hey, this is GoD-Dess, just want to say it was hella-fun lvling with sweatyogre. I really enjoyed how we formed a group from low spots on the ladder and by the time we disbanded all of us were at the very top! lol.

BTW, i got the tals armor not DaM, but who cares!? EZ map got the best of me...and my cd key. down deep its my fault, but really its sweaty's for AIM'ing it to me just so i can tele his ass to baal :D.

For that short period of time when sweaty stopped baaling, for whatever reason, sleep, i dunno, me and GoD-DaM took the lead, ranked 1/2 on sorc and overall. then here comes sweaty again...might as well call him sweatyfireman the way he was running back up the ladder!

Also, someone left a post on the first page of this thread, i dont want to go back and have to retype all this, but i think you'll know who i'm talking about. they were saying something about being on the ladder doesnt show how good of player you are because this and that with reasons listed out. All i have to say to that is SOMONE GOT PWND! they couldnt keep up with us, got left behind, and probably were one of the accounts that msgs people at the top of the ladder saying GET A LIFE....man thats funny.

couple shout-outs to all the people i lvl'd with, that i can remember ><:
dam
nick
mik
sweaty
unholy
blizz
bot
alfa
stryder
astro
doc

shit there were so many! <3

p.s. Did i flippin forget to mention we were the first group to do hell baal on east?! sweatyogre was there!