Hardest Game: Terran VS Terran

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So what do you guys do, when this guy uses similar strategies as you?

Wall-in, four or more factories, goliaths and tanks/vultures and tanks...

I beat this game by expanding and eventually massing wraiths while I contained him with tanks, nuked his supplies, and destroyed his economy. So is there an easier and more effective strategy? Do not mention BCs please...and dropships I already know...

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
I usually go for Goliaths, Siege Tank, and Dropship.

Or

Wraiths, and Siege Tank.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What I've also noticed is that cloaked lockdown on tanks on cliffs or something is nice (coming from behind) while having distractions, say couple of vultures coming up the front so that the ghosts don't die... then send in the real meat and potatoes...

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, you've already covered tvt on your own.

JLeeAZN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I like to get Goliaths fully upgraded to the max with lots of factories and sending in groups of 12 every 45 seconds!! It hurts like hell!

~JLeeAZN~

Crimson-Shade

Member!
Reaction score
i do the same thing as most. wall in and protect with tanks, lots of em and repair em when they get damagaed. then i build mass wraith and throw in a bc or three if its a little later on in the game. mass lockdown is devastating to say the least vs tanks.

when i go mass bcs against someone with ghosts+lockdown, i bring along a dropship of meds with restoration.

but remember this: WALL--> TANK --> WRAITH/GOL --> GHOST+LOCKDOWN --> BC --> RESTORATION

it works for almost any situation if using all of those in any order in a TvT. i goe this for an air offensive with minimal enemy gols.

for a ground assault. bring tanks/gols and ghosts+cloak+lockdown. ghosts will lockdown the seige tanks while your gols busy the enemy tanks. pretty basic really.

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Get 12 Barracks' then continue massing them with fully upgraded marines. You'll build a lot but they are cheap and eventually you'll break through. Make sure you mass with at least 120. (10 groups of 12)

[GLOW=BLUE]- The_Matrix_Reloaded[/GLOW]

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The only matchup where you're supposed to BCs. OUT OF NECESSITY.

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I just want to know a method for destroying siege tanks on top of their base... lol

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i'm a terran player..and from my experience in TvT

- fast goliath or wraith (if opponent got wraiths and u got tanks, ur scrwed)
- tanks and goliath right after that
- expand...get minerals to build bc
- don't get contained
- tanks and bc's after that
- always upgrade
- YAMATO YAMATO YAMATO
- sending units into opponent's tanks to try to kill them is suidice
- try yamatoing tanks, and then advancing ur tanks closer and closer. If they didn't hold position, all of the nearby units will start to lock u and follow u...then ur tank blows it all up ^^
- massive goliath doesn't stand a chance against massive cruisers
- goliaths can own 10 or less cruisers..that is why u need tanks to kill them...preferrably below or on the cliff
- most likely opponent will get bc too and u hafta try to beat their bc with ur bc...micromanagement is crucial
- games last FOREVER!!!..if ur opponent is good..that is...
- lock down is useless...unless u have super super good micro
- nuke is useless....terran has scanner...

if ur opponent is close....try a multi-rax float rush...and hide it on the side...if they don't see it....itz gg...risky though

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I will make 30 valkerieso land all BCS and wraiths.The valkeries are the best air counter.

StarEdit

Reaction score
Website
www.scmaps.net
Battle Cruiser + Ghost (Lockdown) = GG

Considering most TvT games end in mass BC battles... Your best bet is to lockdown the enemy BC's. Most battle.net kiddies wont expect it... (kinda sad) but thats just how it goes. Anyways for early game you should do lots of harasment drops and push right away to trap him while you expand.

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by The_Matrix_Reloaded
Get 12 Barracks' then continue massing them with fully upgraded marines. You'll build a lot but they are cheap and eventually you'll break through. Make sure you mass with at least 120. (10 groups of 12)

[GLOW=BLUE]- The_Matrix_Reloaded[/GLOW]
hahahah...funniest thing i've read so far. but it seems like you've already know how to stop them. I'm guessing more practise...and speed, and clicking..and a whole bunch of other stuff, will help what your doing a lot.

bigredhoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
goatse.cx
Originally posted by StarEdit
Battle Cruiser + Ghost (Lockdown) = GG

Considering most TvT games end in mass BC battles... Your best bet is to lockdown the enemy BC's. Most battle.net kiddies wont expect it... (kinda sad) but thats just how it goes. Anyways for early game you should do lots of harasment drops and push right away to trap him while you expand.
they dont expect it because it's theorycraft and most people including you can't micro ghosts well enough to make them a better option than getting gollies/more bc to kill his bc.

eX[o]pseD-

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Tanks and Goliaths + lockdown > Mass B/c's

btw, If you let your opponent get mass b/cs then you have lost the game ages ago (expansion wise)
The massing of goliaths and tanks should be quicker for a mid game containment and assault (cliff drops, expansion harassments etc)...

wraiths are helpful also conbined with cloak, i tend to use them to harass expansions

((Apocolypse))

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TheShadowmeld
Starcraft = THE MORE THE BETTER

Its easy concept, really.
Wow, you're a moron. That is not in the least bit true. It's called micro. For example: My shuttle loaded with a reaver beat 3 goons. How is this? MICRO! If you are good at microing then exploit it, if your not, don't get into a tactial battle. And as for the Terran vs Terran issue, I'd go with tanks, goliaths, and attempt to get nukes. If you can hold a tactical spot tightly that restricts him in any way you will win (IE set up an outpost outside of the exit to his base using tanks and turrets). Always try to use high and low points on the map as well as walls to make it harder to reach the tank. With these few things Terran vs Terran is a sure win.