Halo PC question

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I was wondering......since my friend and I are trying to play online and he can't see the cracked servers (i have a burned copy, he has legit) I am curious as to wether or not cracked servers are visible to legit players? were getting sick of playing 1 on 1 direct ip matches......

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
This calls on Zaku's help!

(Since he almost always has "Halo PC" on his away AIM message. :rolleyes )

Zaku

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well your best bet is too.... BUY THE GAME. The online multiplayer is better than you think Beer Slut.

With my friends and the linked up x-boxes they lookie and my screen and see when im sniping them. (Then they move.. RABBLE.)

With the online multiplayer, there is more weapons and the banshees for banshee whoreing.

But back to your question. If I were you; do a goggle seach on the subject.

Reaction score
Halo comes on PC? It can't be that good...usually stuff doesn't work out when you transfer XBox to PC. With the exception of CS, FPS games don't usually work out on compys.

Zaku

Reaction score
Originally posted by Deranged Hydralisk
Halo comes on PC? It can't be that good...usually stuff doesn't work out when you transfer XBox to PC. With the exception of CS, FPS games don't usually work out on compys.
Trust me.. It DID transfer really good. The only bad thing is the lag with bad servers. But their are lots of good servers out their to play on.

Zaku

Reaction score
Once you learn the keyboard controls, its easy.

Your mouse is used to aim and fire weapons and grenades.

W= forward
A= Left
S= Back
D= right

Tab= switch weapons
R= Relod
Space= Jump

Their are others, but that gives you a idea how its set up.

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i configured my keys so it is very similar to unreal tournament (melee is /, reload is ', spacebar is switch weapons, e is still enter vehicles and whatnot).

and it transfered onto the PC very well. the graphics are much better on a PC monitor anyway.

and zaku was right, with my friend id fly at him with a banshee and hed turn around and blow me to bits. and when i was sniping he looked up at my screen and said "aw shit i better get inside". however now, banshee whoring is big, that invisibility thing is a lot more useful, and sniping ACTUALLY WORKS.

-edit-

one other thing i forgot to note on is when playing on the PC, you can type messages up to other people unlike xbox. thats really something to be happy about.

AxL

Buggin' Out
Reaction score
Originally posted by munchyman
I was wondering......since my friend and I are trying to play online and he can't see the cracked servers (i have a burned copy, he has legit) I am curious as to wether or not cracked servers are visible to legit players? were getting sick of playing 1 on 1 direct ip matches......
Just buy the game. You're hurting everyone else by not.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
From my experience (which is possibly flawed because I played on cracked servers), Halo PC had horrible netcode. The host ALWAYS won. Me and my friends played it over LAN once, and like I said above: The Host always won.

The reason why the host always won is simple. Everyone else lagged so much that they couldn't beat the "non-laggy" host. We haven't tried running a dedicated server yet, but it is kind of sad when you can't host a Lag-free game over LAN.

Zaku

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aragorn7
From my experience (which is possibly flawed because I played on cracked servers), Halo PC had horrible netcode. The host ALWAYS won. Me and my friends played it over LAN once, and like I said above: The Host always won.

The reason why the host always won is simple. Everyone else lagged so much that they couldn't beat the "non-laggy" host. We haven't tried running a dedicated server yet, but it is kind of sad when you can't host a Lag-free game over LAN.
It depends on what kinda of connection you and the host has. You always want to play servers that websites host. It also depends on what type of game you are playing. And how many people.

IDefy

Reaction score
don't buy it, cheat out MS like they need the money and in addition halo is one of the worst fps i have ever seen especially for the PC, there is nothing good about that game at all. burn it in a trash can or send hate mail to MS.

Reaction score
I have sort of a mental block at Halo. I played it on XBox, and the dual thumb pads just screwed me up. You should have seen the look on my friend's face when I was unable to get up the stairs in level one.

weiner_hat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Beer $lut
the multiplayer isnt even that good
you should be smacked.

and cs on xbox blows btw it should hgave never been on it, you, well at least for me can hardly even see yuour enemy as good as i can on the cp.

munchyman

Eat your vegetables!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This is all really great....but noone has answered the question. btw....... cs for xbox SUX!!!