H~Paladin Vs Death Knight

You-iN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
WWW.CLANAOF.TK
Paladin Vs Death Knight

I have discovered that the Paladin is far better than what everyone thinks. Especially against the undead, he is even more powerful than the Death Knight because his holy light requires 10 less mana and has a shorter cooldown (5 sec as compared to 6 sec). Divine shield enables him to be the last one to die in any battle and holy light allows for fast creeping when you have a second hero (preferably the MK) and level 2 holy light.

Comparing the Paladin with the Death Knight
Paladin against Death Knight
- The paladin has the same intelligence as the deathknight
- The paladin has 1 more agility point than the death knight
- The paladin has 1 less strength point than the deathknight
- Both have healing/offensive spells, defensive spells and auras
- The DK moves at 320 (+ more from unholy aura) while the Paladin moves at 270 (buy boots)
- The paladin's holy light costs 65 mana whereas the deathknight's death coil costs 75 mana
- The humans have clarity, whereas the undead only have statues and mana pots, therefore giving the paladin an edge over the deathknight in terms of harassment
- The paladin cannot steal creep kills with holy light whereas the deathknight can
- The paladin makes the best RPG hero in the whole game (even a 100 food army will have trouble killing him if he has boots and zepplin) solely because of divine shield and if you use him with a level 6 archmage with mass TP, it would be difficult to track him down.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
-Death knight also attacks slower than the paladin, and because of strength he has one more damage.
-however where divine shield stops all damage to the paladin, DK has a spell that can heal him completely. elvel 3 deathpact can be incredibly useful to jsut heal him when use on like a ghoul or skelly and *gasp* even a fiend if u deem it necissary, cause in reality it is more cost effective to sacrafice than to buy potion.
-Paladin also has a better ultimate. 6 full permanent units are better than 6 invulnerable limited dispelable summons
-Paladin's arua is not as good, because even paladin with boots cant keep up. DK with aura moves into like 400 movement speed. However, 4.5 armor at level 3 to ur entire army is really helpful, cause it is like adding health to all ur units.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
that was a stupid statement. DK is overused becaus the ud army needs it with no alternate tier 1 healing, and with overall slow heros the aura is a must. Paladin is an option, not needed so naturaly u arn't forced to get it, but human players never learn to grow and change, they are stuck with the AM when both MK and paladin are effective first.

Also there are the Lich and CL users, DL is hardly ever used so that is out. Lich and CL are used in special cases, because the DK is still needed in most scenarios.

Reaction score
no he isn't, DL is just as good, he has sleep/surround and vamp aura. Best of all he has the power to summon an infernal- maybe one of the best ultimates for UD.

CL is on par with dk IMO because he's a tank and he just wont die. CL has beetles which become awesome scouts and they become pretty damn good later on. He also has impale which owns just about everything and he has armor.

lich isn't a good support hero all around but he's badass still.

People use dk because that's all they see ever played by people. If more and more people use dk then of course he's just going to be used over and over.

UD doesn't need alternate healing, they have blight which is good enough.

Speed isn't a major factor in the game because that's not what people care about. You want proof? take a look at orc users, do they go TC first? They have an easy alternate healing source, they have very strong tier 1, they're fairly fast, but they rather have an FS instead of going tc with end aura. Any hero can get a boots of speed.

same goes for pally, hu players pick AM over him because he can use AOE and provides that extra boost with elemntals. Or they pick mk over pally because he's a hero killer. They never pick pally because they never really see anyone get it

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
In my opion, the Paladin is awsome and just as good as the death knight, if not better. It is way underused however, and I have only seen in action a couple of times. Better then Goderator's say is final.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Personally, I like DK > Paladin, just because of the death coil being able to hit anything for 300 dmg. Although Divine is awesome, the addition to "potions of invinciblilty" kinda made it less....unique so to say.

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
The paladin is really, really good. All of the Human heroes are extremely useful. I use it a lot, mostly because of aura, but i also use light. I've noticed that light is a very good spell against undead casters, because at level 3 it kills the casters in one hit. If you can get rid of the necros, the skellies stop getting summoned, and you win easily.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
every ininvible potion costs 150 gold however and lasts 15 secodns. a level 3 shield lasts 45 econds at the cost of 25 mana. do the math, divine shield is better.

Reaction score
15 seconds is enough for any situation, and he's not comparing which is better, he's just stating that the pally's spell isn't unique or anything special.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Paladin as first hero is good. All the advantages with the mana cost of hily light, cooldown, are all fine compared to DK. When you have knights or any other tier 3 or tier 2 unit you can heal the unit to full health compared to paladin as 3rd hero. Just like DK healing aboms.

None of the 3 heroes have a spell to protect theselvse right? Divine shield is if you cant micro with your paladin and you make it lvl3 divine because this is protection of himself. I think you can have lvl 2 divine but leave a skill for devotion aura. It is useful for all units than staying 45 seconds to rptect the pally.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Paladin as first hero is incredibly risky as it leaves you on the defensive to the enemy's attacks because you wont have as much offensive power as they do.

The only scenario i can see Pally first is against UD but i would go MK first instead.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Really dont know why some people insist on that paladin as first can be good. We, humans know it. Thats right Samsara, pally vs UD again risky, MK is better. Thats what i repeat all the time, if not AM, MK as first is better than paladin.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Pally is a waste of time because all of the other human heroes are better. Assuming you paired Pally up against DK..DK would win. If Pally tries to divine shield and smack DK around he can just run circles around him. Pally is slow, ugly, and horse-less.

eat_ma_shorts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
pally is pretty good when massing foots but otherwise i think he sux s**t

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I don't think I have ever lossed to someone who built a pally... It is a waist of 425 gold and 5 food. He is slow an while his aura and invulnerability is nice all you have to do when he goes invuln is attack his units and when he stops nuke his ass. His ultimate really isn't that great because it raises the last 5 units killed and 5 more footman really don't turn the tied of battle usally. I would much rather have the shadow hunters invulnerable units for 30 seconds. Pally can be an ok 3rd hero if for his aura alone, but anything else is pushing it.

Above_70Percent

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ourworld.cs.com
Paladin is good when tri hero, but alone they are pretty newblar such as the DK.