Guys, lets post strategy in this forum

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Even if it's inactive, it's just annoying to see people post "what's your race" in here or "how to use 1000 minerals."

Since I'm writing on the fly, let's do something short and sweet. I've got a spanish test in twenty five minutes.

Fun Protoss Tricks:

12-3 PVT

This is a bad position for protoss on most LT maps, for which this guide is written. Terran can place siege tanks on the safety of his cliff, yet still rain down fire on some of your straying troops. As the game goes on, he can set up a siege under the outpost and even if you have the men to clear it out, he'll still have those cliffed tanks banging away. You have to throw him off his game. Do it by an offensive assimilator, you know, when you build your assim on his vespene. 8 probe scouts twelve after warping in the pylon. 10 gateway, and eleven gas on his vespene. It will be insanely close, his scv will be up against the refinery as you do the move. If you want to make sure you can, do it on 10, but that will put you behind.

Trick pylons

PVP

If you want to win the game quickly PVP start with a zealot rush. It doesn't really matter that it's effective, it's just important that you get your second gate and a good troop of zealots as fast as possible. Don't fall too far behind in tech though, so add a gas pretty quick. After that, continue to pump dragoons... and zealots. Normally you wouldn't, but you're going to rush him. Pump from two gates, do not add a third, and do not tech. Yes, you will die to DT, but you won't to much of anything else. And if you happen to scout DT, add a forge and try to jump cannons and expo. Make sure to kill any watching probes with 1-2 dragoons, not to suggest an attack, then move out your army and a probe. Under his choke, so he can see it, build two pylons. Don't show your troops. If he doesn't move out and attack them, cancel. If he does, surround his troops and block the way back into his choke with your zealot heavy troop and win.

6 gate gas build

PVZ

Build a gateway a pylon and gateway on 6, add a zealot, then build gas at around 10. If he scouts your early with the overlord... the gig is up, but he'll still have no idea what to do. Your first zealot, if his position does not allow the overlord to reach you quickly, will stroll into his base and zerg will assume insanely hard rush. Harrass drones and hide behind minerals once the zerglings come. It doesn't really matter what the outcome of this 1-2 (the second zealot may also rush if it's 12-6 or vice versa, and therfore he still hasn't scouted you) zealot is. Back at base, hide a pylon in a remote corner of your base, or even outside if you're feeling lucky, add a cyb, a forge, and stop probes. He'll scout and see the forge and assume you failed a cannon rush. When you get corsairs they should be unopposed.

Sorry for the bad guide, but I had to write something!

Maybe I'll add more later. I've got spanish. Hasta luega.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
I couldn't play SC for a month because of school, and other stuff.
You know, truckload of homework, labs.. and all that.

And that was when I was just getting into PGTour after its recent revival. :angry

I see you're born in 1988, me too :)

Snagg

Premium Member
Reaction score
Marine Zealot rush. For 3v3 or 2v2.

Get 4 zealots while terran try to make as many marines as they can. Marines need to be microed so they avoid damage. Zealots stay infront of marines. Kill everything. Usually by the time backup comes, you will be able to kill the base.

ST

Premium Member
Reaction score
[glow=black]Did I ban either of you off there? Your name's sound extremely familiar :/ ;)
BTW:Very nice post.
[/glow]

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nice post, AoP.
Yup, I'm already familiar with the 6 gate pressure build. I like it because forces zerg to play 1 base. (Always a good thing.)
Did you already write a guide for pvz or just for pvp and pvt?

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Phoenix2003, so far I've only written PVP and PVT guides. Pretty soon I'll bang one out for PVZ. Like Snagg feel free to post yourself.

Here's something more:

Here's another bit of random advice which if I had listened too I would've had one win more. If terran secures another main expansion (the ones on the cliff which you start out at) and you can't take out it, or his mineral only, you have to take every other base and get either carriers or arbiters. Period. Ground troops won't work. And if you go arbiters, make sure to pump out of two stargates. Gas is important. Always get it every expansion which you can. I ended tossing out hallucianted zealots and archons at terran for about an hour killing a troop or two. In the end, though, he was just too much. Sucked, next game I played I DT dropped the guy just to be an ass, so I felt better.

And a@..., 1988 rules!