Green Lantern Movie!

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BFDealmemo on Variety.com

Ryan Reynolds has landed the coveted role of “Green Lantern,†getting the starring role in Warner Bros.' live-action film based on the DC Comics hero.

Martin Campbell will direct. The studio is still working on the picture’s budget, but production is expected to begin in January.

The news caps off a memorable summer for Reynolds, who played Deadpool in “X-Men Origins: Wolverine,†a performance that prompted Fox to begin development on a spinoff film. Reynolds followed that by starring opposite Sandra Bullock in the romantic comedy “The Proposal,†which crossed the $100 million mark this week.

Warners and Campbell chose Reynolds, who vied for the superhero role along with “The Hangover†star Bradley Cooper and Jared Leto. The momentum built for Reynolds in the last week, as he was the only actor whose option was extended.

Greg Berlanti wrote the script with Marc Guggenheim and Michael Green. Donald DeLine will produce with Berlanti. Reynolds’ reps at UTA are working out his deal.

The actor will next star in “Buried,†a dark indie drama that will begin filming shortly in Barcelona with Spanish director Rodrigo Cortes. Reynolds will play a civilian contractor who is kidnapped in Iraq and awakes in a coffin, struggling against time to coordinate a rescue even though he doesn’t know where he’s buried in the desert.
Looks like Ryan Reynolds is going to be Hal Jordan. I think he'd make a better Kyle, but we'll see if he can pull this off. I'm pretty stoked for this movie.

Phruit

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
This sounds really interesting, I hope the movie doesn't suck like Spiderman.