Got my scanner working again...

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I don't mind if you have an opinion that is rather unpleasant. I only mind if you say "
You show little to no artistic growth. You are wallowing in a sea of redundancy.
" and don't tell me a damned thing to do about it.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Try a new style. You're obviously not getting anywhere with that one.

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
He does try to do new styles, CB. Jkar made a thread saying he was wanting to move to the anime style of drawing. What he has been posting is how he started his drawing, and has kept that style for a long time, and thats all he knows. He probably does change his style, trying new things out, but just hasent shown us anything yet.

I draw a lot like he does, but i also moved to pen, and comic drawings (comic drawings style adopted from Jhonen Vasquez and Claudio Sanchez [JTHM and Coheed and Cambria])
I have a lot of pics im going to be able to show by tomorrow. Im going to give Diatenshi my notebook today after football practice, and hell scan them and send em to me via PM tomorrow, and ill have em all posted up.
Most of what your going to see is a bunch of Warcraft unit drawings, from 2 ad 3, a few pen sketches of Cloud and Tifa from FF7, and my picture of Kurt Cobain that i recently had put into this book that all of the schools in our county receive.
Its a collection of art and writing from students in all the schools in our county.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i recently had put into this book that all of the schools in our county receive.
Such prestige.
Thanks for the lovely, constructive tip.
Funny, you didn't complain about the "constructive tips" like "How neat!" and "I won't lie, those are okay". I think your definition of "constructive" is as biased as all the guys kissing your ass in this thread.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Well...CB, I admit that they weren't very constructive, but they were positive, and I find that as constructive towards my general ego. I love to hear people say they like my stuff, and those who don't, for them to give me advice on what I could do to improve.

MacMan

Reaction score
J'kar the Dark said:
I find that as constructive towards my general ego.
Har har har! So you want people to tell you you're wonderful? Awesome.

@Bloodmatter: Drawing anime or characters from video games is probably the dumbest thing you could do if you want to get any better at drawing.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Let's face reality. You're not going to improve much in that style because everyone tells you that you're already amazing.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There is always room to improve in anythign that your doing. Always.
When you focus on one style, your never gonna be perfect, no mater how much someone says your already amazing in that particular feild.

I think J'Kar is doing very well in his style, he does his contours well, shades everything right, but eventually if he keeps going at it, his style with greatly improve, which is changing his style.

Everyone tells me im awesome, but i always try to do better, because when i look at some of my old drawings, i always go "i can shade that better" or "i can define that line better", and i think about these things when i draw later, and i keep repeating the process over and over on new drawings. J'Kar still has much to improve on, and he will eventually realize the big flaw (everyone has a flaw in a drawing. nothing is perfect)
and will try to improve it, and he too will repeat his own process the same way i do.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I would like to say that I am steadily improving. I have one picture that is fairly far along, however...it has some nudity to it, so I can't show you. It's a death-angel with some pretty cool armor. I would love to show you, but she's bare-chested. Perhaps I can figure out some kind of bodice for her...then show you that yes, I am working on my style.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There is always PMs J'kar. Send it to me like that.

Send it to me like that. I.. kinda forgot to give Diatenshi my drawings Tuesday, so today at practice ill be sure to give them to him and have them up here by tomorrow.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
dammit...my scanner won't save the f***ing thing...God that sounds like a petty excuse.

If my mother was not sleeping I would likely be screaming the F word right now. I'll try again.

EDIT: Got it. Gonna host it and send it.