Got an expired character you want back? READ THIS

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I don't know if yall have heard about this, but its been all over, in other blizzard forums, battle.net forums, diablo forums in general.

for the past 4 months or so, people have been reporting trying to log into there expired accounts and accessing "Character Expired" characters, and being able to log on and revive them.

i have 2 personal friends who have been able to do this (and show me) though so far none of mine have worked (though i have not tried them all)

characters from 2+ years of being expired (just not deleted off the account) have been making there holy revive and shocking people, one of my buddies nearly **** himself when his classic character was revived (this was a character he played with when we played together in CLASSIC diablo2, it is over 3 years old and was expired for nearly 2 years, he tried to log in, and to his surprise it worked, the character no longer says CHARACTER EXPIRED, or at least didnt 2 months ago)

if you have any characters that have expired, its worth a try, who knows, maybe your one of the lucky ones?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
This is exactly why I play on private servers.

Privates dont follow that rule. You simply keep the character until you delete it.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
It only works some of the times and you can't revive a character if the name has been taken since it originally expired. Old ****.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
It still happens today. Depends on how often the server is refreshed.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
more htan likely if your characters are over 2 years old they will be gone due to routine cleanings on the servers.

thats the only reason (other than the name is re-used by someone) that the characters are gone

and whys everyone so *****y about it. Before, you had no chance of getting an expired character back, now you havea chance, but because its not a gaurentee everyones going hellbeast mode, wtf

ChrisH36

Reaction score
more htan likely if your characters are over 2 years old they will be gone due to routine cleanings on the servers.

thats the only reason (other than the name is re-used by someone) that the characters are gone

and whys everyone so *****y about it. Before, you had no chance of getting an expired character back, now you havea chance, but because its not a gaurentee everyones going hellbeast mode, wtf
It's useful in my opinion. Just people are like that on this forum.

Plus, I play Diablo II on private servers now. On Privates, there is no expiration on the characters, unless the admin of the server does a refresh.