Good Strat vs Zerg Mutas/Guards

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I read above but you and me post more frequently here so HAH.

Well anyway as long as you can stop the attacks then you'll be fine. If you can't well you lose, I think

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I suck sometimes against other people, but oh well.
If you send me this type of attack, I WILL COUNTER IT!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Or 120 Hydralisks :lucifer

No way an army of crappy vultures can destroy hydralisks. Unless the hydra is outnumbered or their other pals defending you.

So better keep them 200 Pts coming hehe

H

Hot Action Cop

Your best bet isnt really on how to defend against em but how to stop em. Take out their gas fast and hard. I suggest tank and rine drop. Drop behind their minerals early and try to take out as many miners with your tank(s) while using marines to defend it. Thats what i do against zerg.

FZ. | gOsu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
that is a good idea, like i posted above, jst shorter

cuteguy...correct me if im wrong, but dfoesnt a vulture only deal around 20 dmg...and even with ups it doesnt deal that much...and they act dumb when attacking, speed ups makes em a lil better, and mines wont help you attack, unless you place em right...you get them fast, but by the time you have time to mass em, i have good D and maybe a few air units...what then

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Massing Vultures ARE YOU FREAKING NUTS?! a vulture would only do a measly 4 damage to a structure and that won't help against cannons or marines in bunkers being protected by a wall of supplies and tanks.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by FZ. | gOsu
thats a givin...you always keep your losses to a minimal...but your right

terran owns all air..

Question: This is just an opinion, right?

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yea thats an opinion because if it's the best anti air, i would go with zerg because of devour and scrouges

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its is not an opinion, its a fact.

Fierce outnumbering is the key to victory, if you don't know that, then why even try to defend yourself.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Here, we go.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yep, the start of the end of massing funny units to destroy th enemy to dishonor them.

K

KurtSnapper

try to practice countering mutas and guards in the... expansion mission, terran, #3. computer will send you mutas and guards over and over, not too much but enough to bother you.
if they send overlords, just keep 12 wraiths patroling around, if see any incoming forces, first kill the overlord, cloak, then guards, then gather your ground forces, like marines, stim pack, you will have plenty time to finish off the mutas. Never counter mutas with wraiths, wraith does explosive damage, that means, only 25%, which is "5", to mutas, but marine does at least 6. goliath does only 25% to mutas too, 7 damage, but they are too expensive.
I would use wraiths to patrol and as supportive force. marine is always number one.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Unless you had a single brain cell to mass 120 ghosts and try to stop them with that. It would help on the mutas but then the guardians will make them push daisies. Just get units that can do 10 or more damage to them. Valkries help alot!. Oh and so do science vessels. Gas the guardians or one muta and get them to kill each other.

And Kurt you have soem problems
1) marines could only kill mutas not guards
2) The moment the mutas see your wraiths, they dead
3) You didn't take into consideration how many of each unit the opponent my send at your face!