make him build a ziggurot near mine,
make 2 more acoyltes on the mine,
make a graveyard near the trees,
make a crypt,
upgrade the ziggurot to an nerubian tower,
make another ziggurot and upgrade it to a spirit tower,
pump 5 ghouls onto lumber,
upgrade to halls of the dead,
make 3-5 ziggurots while upgrading and upgrade a few to spirrit towers but dont get bellow 200 gold so u can tech and build your casters (necs and/or banshees),
make another acoylte right after the halls of the dead is complete, command him to build 4 buldings (2 temples of the damned, 1 slaughterhouse, and 1 tomb of relics)
if u make banshees u stop here and you should work on combat units such as fiends,--------------------------------------------------------------------
make 2 necs then reaserch both upgrades for them,
then make a meat wagon,
make a obsidine statue after the meat wagon and exhume corpses,
then pump out a few more necs (4-6),
reaserch unholy str and armor for your skelletons,
then upgrade your halls of the dead to black cit,
while you do that pump a few more of all 3 of thes units (2-4 necs, 1 meat wagon, 1 obsidine statue),
then reaserch all unholy str and armor and also full upgrades for necs,
start working on pumping a few aboms(this is the best combo with unholy frenzy!!!!!!!),
and if you reaserch destroyer form you can have heavy melle, light melle anti air and anti spell caster army!!!!!!,
these are all good until the enemy gets like frosties, wyverns,gryphons,or chims, so reaserch web and pump 4-8 crypt fiends.

If any1 has any suggestions for my strat I want to know.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
by researching both upgrades do you mean adept -> master? or adept for necro and banshee. other than that it looks pretty good.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
1. All acolytes to mine, All ghouls to wood.
2. Queue up two acolytes at necropolis.
3. Wait until you have 420 gold.
4. Build a graveyard.
5. Build a crypt.
6. Build an Altar of Darkness.
7. When crypt is done, build a 1 ghoul.
8. Ziggurat
9. Tomb of Relics
10. When Ziggurat finishes build DK and 1 fiend.
11. Ziggurat.
12. Build a Fiend when you get enough money.
13. When DK comes out get rod of necromancy at Tomb of Relics and use it on one of the skeles at the graveyard!
14. Go out and power creep with 2 spiders + DK + 2 Skeles (from graveyard). *WARNING: MICRO NEEDED*
15. After second ziggurat completes train another ghoul to be placed on wood.
16. Keep building fiends and upgrade to Halls of Dead once you get 210 wood.

Quoted from Aragorns strat guide. I use this myself :).

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
4. Build a graveyard.
5. Build a crypt.
7. When crypt is done, build a 1 ghoul.
8. Ziggurat
9. Tomb of Relics
10. When Ziggurat finishes build DK and 1 fiend.
11. Ziggurat.
12. Build a Fiend when you get enough money.
13. When DK comes out get rod of necromancy at Tomb of Relics and use it on one of the skeles at the graveyard!
14. Go out and power creep with 2 spiders + DK + 2 Skeles (from graveyard). *WARNING: MICRO NEEDED*
15. After second ziggurat completes train another ghoul to be placed on wood.

Quoted from Aragorns strat guide. I use this myself :).
What you mentioned is standard fiend build...which is what i use when going fiends but mine differs a little (switch 11 and 12 being the biggest difference) and I it lets me get the fiends out quicker...

3. Wait until you have 400 gold.
4. Build a graveyard.
5. Build a crypt.
7. Ziggurat
8. Build Tomb of Relics
9. When crypt is done, build a 1 ghoul.
10. When Ziggurat finishes build DK; When graveyard finishes build 1 fiend.
11. Build another Fiend when you get enough money.
12. Build a Ziggurat.
13. When DK comes out get rod of necromancy at Tomb of Relics and use it on one of the corpses at the graveyard!
14. Go out and creep a green spot with 2 spiders + DK + 2 Skeles (from graveyard). *WARNING: MICRO NEEDED..tank with skellies NEVER with DK. It's okay to tank with spiders too...just don't tank with your DK*
15. After second ziggurat completes train another spider.
16. Upgrade a ziggurat to tower of your choice (Nerubian vs. ORC, Spirit vs. Others)
17. Keep building fiends and upgrade to Halls of Dead as soon as you get 210 wood.
18. Build third ghoul during tech.

This is the usual spider opening for UD. You get the 'Late Hero' here which usually makes harassment out of the question (because your hero is too late). Also this makes YOU more vulnerable to harassment and there is a very good chance you'll have a hero in your base whacking on your acolytes before your hero comes out! Or he might be whacking at your 1 spider you already have made, don't let him kill that thing! Don't panic when this happens, simply do the following...run your acolyte or your spider away from the hero as quickly as possible, also send your wood ghouls to attack the hero (unless it's DH with immo, that might be bad), your dk will be out in no time! And you should be glad you got the dk here because as soon as he comes out you need to train lvl 1 Coil and save the unit! If he's not leaving (probably because you don't have a tower) then run to your shop and get rod, make skellies at your gyard, also get Dust of Appearance if you're being harassed by Blademaster or any Nightelf hero. After hero leaves you can creep/tech whatever. If this early hero harassment is continuing to give you problems (because your base layout always sucks or you can't micro for shit) then upgrade ziggurat around step #11 or #12.

Note also with this strategy you'll notice no 'scout' is mentioned. As far as scouting goes, use skellies. I'll usually buy rod, go to green camp, kill weakest creep first, make more skellies from that dead creep, and send the first set of skellies (that were ressurected from graveyard) out to scout in both directions. It's good to do all that as quick as possible to give your scout skellies as much time as you can.

Also note with this strategy, it is viable to go to the enemy base once you get your fourth spider out. With DK+4 spiders+skellies you should go let the fun begin. See what you can do vs the enemy, micro your fiends, coil your fiends, and most important don't be afraid to run away and go back to creepin or something, chances are you'll end up doing that anyway since 4 fiends won't really do much, it's more of just something to do besides creep green camps..at least that's how i look at it :) He'll be off creepin too so you can go to his creep spots and kill his creeps or kill units he's tanking with. Either that or I like to go straight to their base and focus fire + coil to take out a few workers. I like this because it's fun if you can get even one worker to die, then you use your rod on his corpse and keep goin!

Anyways this turned in to much more than a Build Order post...but anyways here you go! Have fun! :wasted:

PTS

Reaction score
Standart Fiend build order seems to work best with the Undead. But I'd rather use a Crypt Lord, since he can use the Carrion Beetless to start creeping even before the Fiends are ready (or with just one Fiend), though you might have to build your Graveyard a little earlier in order to get the corpses in time.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Yes the Crypt Lord is viable when doing fiend build. Your graveyard should be the first building you summon so it'll be full once your crypt lord is out. The biggest problem with doing CL with this build is that early harassment i mentioned. You'll have a Blademaster choppin away at your acolytes before your Crypt Lord is out...and then even when he does come out you go no coil, so if this happens he'll most likely get 2 acolytes (or at least 1). If you're real worried about this when game starts you should just go for an earlier noob. If you have noob tower up before the bad guy comes to harass (and before your hero is out obviously) you should be okay with your crypt lord, and not lose any acolytes. The thing is I don't like getting that noob tower so early and then not have the enemy hero come harass you! Feels like I just wasted 100g 20w for nothing and coulda had another spider 30sec earlier or whatever. Anyways, ya crypt lord is cool, you can most likely go head to head with an orc if you do the 4 spider attack with crypt lord and beatles and rod of necromancy....

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
by researching both upgrades do you mean adept -> master? or adept for necro and banshee. other than that it looks pretty good.
No he means research Adapt Necromancer, and Skelletal Longevity....

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
dude did u just reply?

well acctualy you should get the nerubian tower and have a tomb of relics while ur hero is training so if ur hit with blad master u can use dust aperence so u can get the damn BM

exactly reaserch every thing for the necs in the temple f the damned

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
xgoonx said:
For casters: 1 acoyte make an alter,
make him build a ziggurot near mine,
make 2 more acoyltes on the mine,
make a graveyard near the trees,
make a crypt,
upgrade the ziggurot to an nerubian tower,
make another ziggurot and upgrade it to a spirit tower,
pump 5 ghouls onto lumber,
upgrade to halls of the dead,
make 3-5 ziggurots while upgrading and upgrade a few to spirrit towers but dont get bellow 200 gold so u can tech and build your casters (necs and/or banshees),
make another acoylte right after the halls of the dead is complete, command him to build 4 buldings (2 temples of the damned, 1 slaughterhouse, and 1 tomb of relics)
if u make banshees u stop here and you should work on combat units such as fiends,--------------------------------------------------------------------
make 2 necs then reaserch both upgrades for them,
then make a meat wagon,
make a obsidine statue after the meat wagon and exhume corpses,
then pump out a few more necs (4-6),
reaserch unholy str and armor for your skelletons,
then upgrade your halls of the dead to black cit,
while you do that pump a few more of all 3 of thes units (2-4 necs, 1 meat wagon, 1 obsidine statue),
then reaserch all unholy str and armor and also full upgrades for necs,
start working on pumping a few aboms(this is the best combo with unholy frenzy!!!!!!!),
and if you reaserch destroyer form you can have heavy melle, light melle anti air and anti spell caster army!!!!!!,
these are all good until the enemy gets like frosties, wyverns,gryphons,or chims, so reaserch web and pump 4-8 crypt fiends.

If any1 has any suggestions for my strat I want to know.

Does this build order actually work for you?? Do you win with this strat ever? Do you have replays (I wanna see this)? I can see you surviving any kind of attack with your dual tower upgrades and 6 ghouls. But what hero you choose? DK and harass/creepjack? Because those 5 ghouls you pump to wood...will really need to be getting wood the whole time with all the shit you're making and upgrading, meaning you can't use those ghouls to creep with. Also a suggestion is you can build Tomb of Relics earlier, you don't have to wait until tier 2. :dance:

Edit: LOL I just read this line:
make 3-5 ziggurots while upgrading and upgrade a few to spirrit towers
This is considered mass towers...i usually don't play like this at all, but I'm interested to see some replays and see how it works out for you! :)

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
i never said when ur suposed to attack with them, i always use them to attack when my alliesdo, and tehn i pump out like 2 more after they all die

and u need the towers to defend yourself while reaserching

i know that strategy sounds noobish but it works

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
Oh you're talking about an RT strat...well ya you can do whatever you want in RT....But still i'd be pissed if my ally just builds towers to defend himself. What happens when they attack your ally? Your 7 spirit towers can't defend his base! Also you need 4 ghouls to have enough wood for wagonmancer...even with 3 you'll be struggling to get those upgrades for your skellies (or whatever the last upgrades you get are)...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
xgoonx said:
i know that strategy sounds noobish but it works
Stop spamming posts.
was invented for a reason!

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
first i meant that u make 5 ghouls on wood and second ur suposed to tech fast enought to deend with necs and or your ghouls, but the towers are for takeing longer for the enemy to kill and so you have a fast high damage attack so most enemies run off to that yeah, so then if the enemy is human he will get seige, and then i quickly tech to aboms

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
and whatever quit picking at my words!!!!!!!! it makes me sooooo pissed off

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:

That guide is flawed. You don't wait till 420 gold, and you don't queue up so early. God, me and aragorn perfected it together, and he didn't even make the necissary changes?
This is how it should be
1. All to mine, ghoul to wood
2. queue up 1 acolyte.
3. build a Graveyard,
4. Build a Crypt
5. Wait till 75 gold and build 1 acolyte
6. Build ziggurat
7. When crypt is done, build a 1 ghoul(At this point you should have exactly 120 gold as it crypt finishes to build ghoul)
8. Tomb of Relics
9. When graveyard finishes build 1 fiend and DK
10. Ziggurat.
11. Build 1-2 Fiend
12. build frost tower to stop harass
13. When DK comes out get rod of necromancy at Tomb of Relics
14. Go out and power creep with 2 spiders + DK + 2 Skeles (from graveyard).

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I can replace his old one like right now, but even if it is flawed: I still manage to get the 2 fiends, rod, a dk, and everything up.

G-Blunted

Member!
Reaction score
pan said:
That guide is flawed. You don't wait till 420 gold, and you don't queue up so early. God, me and aragorn perfected it together, and he didn't even make the necissary changes?
This is how it should be
1. All to mine, ghoul to wood
2. queue up 1 acolyte.
3. build a Graveyard,
4. Build a Crypt
5. Wait till 75 gold and build 1 acolyte
6. Build ziggurat
7. When crypt is done, build a 1 ghoul(At this point you should have exactly 120 gold as it crypt finishes to build ghoul)
8. Tomb of Relics
9. When graveyard finishes build 1 fiend and DK
10. Ziggurat.
11. Build 1-2 Fiend
12. build frost tower to stop harass
13. When DK comes out get rod of necromancy at Tomb of Relics
14. Go out and power creep with 2 spiders + DK + 2 Skeles (from graveyard).

THere is no alter in this build.....how worthless :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
the only alter is the hero you choose. The other one is that you can ghoul flood so you can either expo or get the ghouls you need rfor moves like ghoul rush.