Goliath counter?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Problem! Especially with lvl 3 mech stuff

A golaith group has enough firepower to stop a marine dead in its track. I have tried that once and I failed to stop the golaith onslaught until they got to my tank, bunker, and bc defense then they died. Its crucial that you should never use any unit with a HP less than 100 (except hydra) to counter high numeros of golaith. Even if you were to use the marine/medic combo that would only work on like 6 gols before they are all killed.

As for Emp/Lockdown, you can't emp them because they have no energy supply, and what good would locking down 1 golaith when they are about 60 to trifle with. If you were Zerg though, you could have lurkers and disposal then all you'd do is cluster them and they may defeat them all. But that is another story.

Mines are sufficent but they have many backfires, like they pop out of the ground run over to the enemy kamikaze style and Boom!, but during htis they can get shot, and if the mine were to connect it would only bring the goliath down to a measly 4/125 (depending on armor and power of mine.) So just try many different things.