Reaction score
Just don't pile them close together or they will get one of them for overkill

FZ. | gOsu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yea, thats why i said spread em out...

if you have somewhere around 30 mines...they wont get many golos by, and the ones that DO get by, you can own em with tanks

and after mines are planted, in my opion vultures dont do much...so ese em as scouts, or dop em on workers

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Mines are a last resort anyway. If the enterance to your base is a bottleneck type enterance, then place marines in bunks with tanks at the end of the trail to kill them sobs. Never use infantry outside bunker though, or you will lose more than just good men.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
welll if u upgrade vultures u can use their good speed for hit and run. as for the 1 ghost thing dude might as well use lockdown for it's dead anyway.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Even with uped speed, they still die. You have to take into consideration they can slaughter infantry in high numbers. 2-3 shots kills infantry in a snap. But why get vultures when you can get GOLS!>

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by CuteGuyNo.1
vulture is the best unit in the game, you should always get them instead of gols
no way man!! they have no air attacks i mean come on once the other guy makes wraiths or scouts u are dead unless u have air units of ur own or M&M

K

KurtSnapper

simply, when they have a lot of goliaths stucking at a narrow area, lockdown the ones in the front, and use your tanks to finish off the ones in the back first.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Then the clog will wear off causing those bastards to run at you pissed off and blast your tanks into little tiny microscopic pieces.

AND VULTURES DO 1/2 - 1/4 damage to other units besides INFANTRY!

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
what if they bring along medics so they can use restoration on the lockdowned goliaths?

Just use spidermines and tanks those golies will turn into scrapmetal in seconds.

Kirby-o_O

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebz.com
I like the idea of Spider Mines (Vulture is my fav unit) and blind the spider mines like Reign said earlier then their gols are dead. (Watch the metal fly :D)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
but the only thing good about vultures is that they travel very fast when upgraded and again if they have even 1 air unit that could attack ground those vultures are as good as dead. then watch the metal fly!!!!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its very simple..... STOP them in any manner.
If you were the zerg, it would be more easier to stop them because you have hydra and sunkens to destroy them little buggers with.

7-8 Lurkers help when packed together. But that can be helpful for terran if you are protoss and you have mind controlled all 3 races.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
If you are playing a human player he will probably try to kill the tanks first. So i suggest using M&M as tanks (meaning rushing the golls) while the seige tanks just wipe em out

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well for one thing they could always just cloak the wraiths and have them wipe them off or maybe some DT if they have no turrents sci ves or com sat.i they best thing that i like bout the terren is the comsat. even if u can onlyt use it 4 times for at once. it can bring valuble intel and might be able to spot a weak def point

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You would be wasting money with a trail of missile turrets. You use Science Vessels for that, but this is a golaith counter. SO WHAT'S THE POINT OF THAT, unless the enemy had an arbiter.

01356XO9

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Goliaths aren't all that good they are fast and stronger than a marine but they are more expensive
i say lockdown
or and emp

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
emp to do wat gols don't have any energy so emp would do shit to them . vs gols i say vultures might help. since gols ground attack kinda sucks a few granades would do a lot of damage but they have alittle farther range