God i suck at dota...help?

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Alright, I've been playing dota for about a week now, and well, I'm really not good. Can any dota pros help me? Tell me the good items, the good heros, what to do to not get killed so quick, and so on and so forth. I like playing the game, but I really do suck.

KTHXBYE

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Micro and don't do anything risky that will end you getting killed. If you have a ranged hero, divert from the creeps for a while to hit the enemy hero. But back up if he tries to target you with a spell or anything. The early parts will determine the money and such you will earn to get the items.

lycanthrope

Reaction score
ok i love venomance and lycantrhope as you can see. items are important for melee cranium basher is a good idea. for ranged maybe stygian desilator don't go for stupid random items get recipes. both of these guys are in scourge. i have a question though when playing the game how do you take pics of things and ppl?

_JaKE

Reaction score
how do you make these items such as cranium basher and desilator as lycanthrope said? what repices?
what are the top 3 heros for nightelf and top 3 for undead?
more information plz
ty

lycanthrope

Reaction score
they are sentinel and scourge. wut version do you play? 6.12b right?
ok you will see some builders peons wisps things like that next to the shop and look throught them they tell you wut they do and wut to buy to get them. the ones with wood symbols means u don't have to buy the recipe.sential and scourge have the same recipes.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Stygian Deslotar is 2 Mithril Hammers and the recipe. It adds about 65 damage to your attacks and also adds orb of corruption effects to your attacks (- armor).

_JaKE

Reaction score
lycanthrope said:
they are sentinel and scourge. wut version do you play? 6.12b right?
ok you will see some builders peons wisps things like that next to the shop and look throught them they tell you wut they do and wut to buy to get them. the ones with wood symbols means u don't have to buy the recipe.sential and scourge have the same recipes.
ya i know that much...
yes i play 6.12
what are the good heros though?
and what are the items that go best with the heros? :loopy

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
i suggest you start out with cheesey heroes to get you good. the Demon Witch (scourge) is good, whereas the Crystal Maiden (sentinel) is also good. i used cm to get good :butterfly . also some nice items are the + attributes. these are the null talismans, bracers, and wraith bands. pm me and maybe i can help you some day :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Each hero has a different preference of items, you just need to discover them on your own.

morbidgolem

Member!
Reaction score
The best way to get acquainted with all the heroes and all the recipes is to play some single player to look at all the recipes and all the heroes and stuff. If you want to know how to make a certain recipe, see there are 4 recipe stores, click on one. Now move your mouse over each recipe and it'll tell you what they do and what you need to make them. To find an item click on one of the basic item shops and eventually you will find the item although some items are in the secret shop. Be aware however that some recipes need other recipes to make.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
A common analogy for anything, do it anyway even though you are going to screw up badly. How do you think I got better at Warcraft Melee?

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
you're better than me an ive had the game longer. :bugeyes :p

azn_dudex

Member!
Reaction score
here a good plan why dont u go out and play people that are better then u and save the replay and watch it. u'll learn about wat u did wrong and what they did right.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
pick cheap heroes that is what i did. then i got to be good and saw how other players played their heroes, so now i can play them all

_JaKE

Reaction score
guys im not noob anymore... ty for all the help anyway.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
lol what makes him so imbalanced. lothars?

phatfish_08

Member!
Reaction score
_JaKE said:
how do you make these items such as cranium basher and desilator as lycanthrope said? what repices?
what are the top 3 heros for nightelf and top 3 for undead?
more information plz
ty
There are on top 3 chars for each side. It just depends on what heroes other people get.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Advanced stuff can be like. If a hero is standing near the tower doing nothing on some parts, backdoor him and take him out from behind, suggested you have a ranged hero/summons if you plan on doing this..

Like being a ninja, keep your opponent guessing whenever you can.