Generic Bad File

erika311

Reaction score
What does this mean? I looked it up on another forum and it said to delete a file (can't remember the name right now, I will look it up) and the restart because the file will recreate itself. I did this and the same error happen.

My son receives this error when he logs into a room using TCP/IP... he is trying right now to log on to battle.net to see if he gets this error. We use TCP/IP to play with each other, you know, quality mother/son time, lol!
:grunt

At first, he received this error with one of his new characters, so we thought the character had a bad file so he deleted it, that was last week. This week it is happening to his primary character and we don't want to delete this one!

I am going to reinstall diablo this afternoon, but is there something else I should do?

Thanks for your time!
Erika

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
You're a mom? Cool. I have gotten this too, i wonder how to prevent it :) BTW welcome to BattleForums.

EEX_ca_aok

Praetoris Maximus
Reaction score
Website
www.empireofexiles.com
Did you create items for his characters with an item editor? If you get items that have too many atributes, or atributes that don't stack with each other properly, errors like this can occur.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
You generally get this message if you have edited your character in a Character Editor such as ZonFire. Reinstalling D2 wont help, its the character that is the problem. Just go back into the editor and fix up your char. :) Have fun (I wish my mum played D2 with me..gosh)

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
Just reinstall Diablo II, sounds more like a bad installation file. Or if you did edit your char with an editor, than it should of made a back up in the save directory stored localy. Just revert back to the original before the mods, and delete the new one.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my suggestion: just play on battle.net

if you care THAT much about other people joining your games, just password them.

Deveis220

Reaction score
hmm..Did you download this char?

well anyway my idea well my first one would be cpoieing the char into another file and reinstalling,if that doesent work i would get a stat editor and edit the stats to what it is Already then play it becoz it resets everything for your char.

Hamtaro

Official Forum Hamster
Reaction score
I wish my parents played d2 :( Anyways yea, probably too many stats on an item, wait for you to enter a game to do that :grunt