General undead tips

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
hey, after playing dozens of games with my trusty race, humans, i got very bored and started trying out new races. (bad idea, i lost almost all of them). i did great with the orcs because they are so similar to the humans but with emphasis on brute strength. NE was tough because they lack interesting air units (chims are dead in tft these days). but the team i liked the most was the Undead because of the cool heroes and they (in my opinion) are the fastest race. in a matter of seconds you can make like 50 ghouls and make them go lightspeed with dual auras and UF. my only problem is that if the enemy survives the initial rush, im toast. Recently my strat goes like this, ghouls/aboms/fiends/necro/statue. in the begining i get like 5 ghouls and 4 fiends (these guys are tanks for creeping) with my dk. after attacking i usually have my base upgraded so i get 2 statues healing with 4 necros (2 on skelies and 2 using UF). if they survive i replace my ghouls with aboms and keep bringing on the pain. because im a (sadly) a noob with the dead (ouch my name is making me feel uncomfortable) i need some tips from the masters of the damned. thanx.

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
Well I can start you on a build.

1) Take starting Acolytes, put 2 on gold. Make a Crypt with the remaining one, then make a Graveyard. Put the Ghoul on wood.
2) Make a Ziggurat then as the gold comes make the remaining 2 Acolytes.
3) Make your Altar.
4) Make 1 Fiend
5) 2nd Ziggurat
6) Ghoul
Now you can keep coming with Fiends and tech the hall, but at the cost of a later hero. I'd recommend getting Crypt Lord, going to the Graveyard and summoning 5 Beetles to tank the Medium creeps until you have more units. After the tech I'd suggest getting Statues first, then the Necros//Banshees (Banshees for a Night Elf or Orc), Aboms if you need them, and a 2nd Hero definetly.