Geek’s Casting Call for a Diablo movie

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Geek’s Casting Call for a Diablo movie

-note: this is a post by another individual that asked me to place it on the site, please pardon grammatical errors.

It has been about 15 years since Diablo has set foot on the PC and gaming geekdom has never been the same. As with the Holywood brain drain and probably moviegoers just become to riled up and too disappointed with recent movie releases but still there are few gems. We now see Holywood turning to graphic novels and games as the basis of their next movie project. We geeks have been disappointed by the movie masters’ attempt to produce movies based on Games. There was Super Mario, Streetfighter, Mortal Kombat, Hitman. After those this geek decided to give up and accepted defeat that there will be no decent movie based on a game.
But recently, the producer’s in movie filmdom has decided to get their act together. They have produced not great but not bad movies based on games, like Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, Assassin’s Creed (like I said not great but not that bad movies).
With these developments, as well as the advancement of filming technology, this geek believes that its time for a Diablo movie. The CGI effects has advanced and there are good writers out there who could pull this up. This geek knows that you follow my sentiments when you saw the Balrog in Lord of the Rings. With the right casting these movie must be made.
For this I pass the Geek’s casting call for a fantasy movie Diablo.

The Warrior
For the Warrior I pick Jake Gyllenhaal. With a previous experience as a video game based character as Dastan in Prince of Persia. He has the looks of a tragic hero and could fit the role very well. Even his shoulder slouch is reminiscent of the Warrior in the first movie. As we know the ending of the first Diablo ended with the hero sacrificing himself to contain the essence of Diablo, that

Rogue
For the Rogue, I’ll pick some lady who looks athletic to pull the part. I could see Angelina Jolie or maybe somebody really athletic in the likes of Gina Carano, that lady MMA superstar who could pull those fights even in real life.

The Sorcerer
For the Sorcerer, this geek’s pick would be Lawrence Fishburne. He sounds like a wizard to me. His portrayal of Morpheus scored a lot for this geek and he could look the part of that all knowing wizard.
Grisworld
This geek would pick Michael Clark Duncan who really looks like somebody that cold pick heavy hammers and fashion the Grisworld’s edge.

Deckard Cain
For this Wizard, we could use somebody who is silver haired and really looks wise. Probably old Gandalf himself, Ian McKellen or Anthony Hopkins.