Gamestop rant

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Short version:

Pre-ordered Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 through Gamestop and got NOTHING for it (BF3 came with the map pack but this was the way from ALL stores). I didn't know it at the time cause I figured Gamestop wouldn't be douchebags, but a LOT of other stores offered much more apparently. What made things worse was that ON THE DAY OF RELEASE, you could pick up MW3 for $8 off PLUS a $25 amazon gift card, I didn't get a thing because Gamestop would rather screw me for paying in advance and sitting on the money (I did pay the full amount in advance even though I didn't need to).

When I bought M.A.G. back in the day, I got it home and hated it, the game was so glitchy it wasn't playable. I tried to return it that day ( I know games aren't returnable but COME ON), this BRAND NEW game I paid $60 for hours before, they would only would pay $24 for... I told them to go screw themselves.

Another time I bought Bad Company 2 after it had been out for a few months. It was still selling for $60 so I bought it used for $55 (even though that is BULL). Turns out the game required a code for the stuff the $60 new copy came with so I ended up having to pay $65 for a used game (new only $60).

So, I officially hate Gamestop and will be working on finding better deals from here on out.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Stop the presses! Gamestop is abusing customers!

Yeah. Welcome to 2000, enjoy your stay.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Yeah really, at this point if you havent figured out how ****ty Gamestop is, that's your problem.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Had heard it from several people but guess I thought they were referring to rude staff or something, hadn't realized they would blatantly force you to pre-order stuff and then not give you **** for it.

Another note, their reward system is a JOKE. Spent $300 there and apparently that buys you a poster in the reward system..... a damn advertisement.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I managed to return a game from Gamestop, but not to Gamestop. What I did was I said it didn't work with my Xbox and they offered to replace it, so I said sure. Then I went to Walmart and got a gift card there for it and never looked back.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Had heard it from several people but guess I thought they were referring to rude staff or something, hadn't realized they would blatantly force you to pre-order stuff and then not give you **** for it.

Another note, their reward system is a JOKE. Spent $300 there and apparently that buys you a poster in the reward system..... a damn advertisement.
Here's what you do with Gamestop.

Buy a USED game. Keep the reciept. 29 days later (might be 14 days or 7 days on their policy now) return the game to them, with the reciept. They're obligated to give you either another copy of the game, or the money back in store credit / used games. You can, quite literally, buy 1 used game and use that for the forseeable future. Or used to be able to, again, they might have changed this policy. All I know is from about 2002-2005 I was abusing the **** out of it almost every month, and it was glorious. Works a lot better if theres multiple gamestops in your area too. And lets face it, even BFE has 2 gamestops less than 2 miles from one another.