Gamestock via Gamestop

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Since gaming is expensive, I figured I'd share something I just found a few minutes ago.

Some of you may already be aware of this, but for those that don't, Gamestop is having a Gamestock event here they are selling games at discount prices. Here is a link to some of the items they're selling right now:

Game Deals

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard about their sales a few days ago. I wish I could bring myself to regularly buy things from GameStop, but I hate having my games opened, even if all they are doing is putting them in a sleeve. Opening them up or keeping them sealed until I want to open them is part of what of my playing experience.

It still looks like a good sale for those that shop at GameStop or don't care about the packaging. Good find, OP.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard about their sales a few days ago. I wish I could bring myself to regularly buy things from GameStop, but I hate having my games opened, even if all they are doing is putting them in a sleeve. Opening them up or keeping them sealed until I want to open them is part of what of my playing experience.

It still looks like a good sale for those that shop at GameStop or don't care about the packaging. Good find, OP.
I don't really touch ANYTHING that has to do with Gamestop either. But hey, just because I hate them with a passion doesn't mean everyone else does. So I figured I'd share it

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
:D Believe it or not, you make me laugh more often than not. I actually thought about posting the same sale, but I was like, "should you suggest something that you wouldn't do yourself?" It's just the open game thing that really gets me about them. I've bought things from them, but I've managed to get them sealed or very convincingly resealed. I often request it and I'll walk out if they don't have it sealed. No attitude towards the employee and they understand why I say no, so I don't feel bad.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
:D Believe it or not, you make me laugh more often than not. I actually thought about posting the same sale, but I was like, "should you suggest something that you wouldn't do yourself?" It's just the open game thing that really gets me about them. I've bought things from them, but I've managed to get them sealed or very convincingly resealed. I often request it and I'll walk out if they don't have it sealed. No attitude towards the employee and they understand why I say no, so I don't feel bad.

What gets to me with them is that they tried to sell me a used Motorstorm PR for $55. Yet the new version at the time was $60. Yet someone literally came in 10 minutes after me while I was looking around and the person sold the SAME game to them for $12.

LEGENDARY rip off artists

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Are you sure they didn't have some kind of credit or something else helping them out? That's sounds crazy. I've had good experiences, I just don't go unless they are the last resort or I'm trying to price match. I've never tried to buy a new used game, so I don't quibble about the $5 difference.

dexterlablab1

Member!
Reaction score
Are you sure they didn't have some kind of credit or something else helping them out? That's sounds crazy. I've had good experiences, I just don't go unless they are the last resort or I'm trying to price match. I've never tried to buy a new used game, so I don't quibble about the $5 difference.
lol heck no there was no credit. The guy was even making a scene about how he paid $60 plus tax on it new just to get $12 in return. I doubt he'd have done that if there was credit helping him

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Oh, I made a mistake in understanding what happened. I thought you were saying that GameStop sold the game for $12. The guy sold the game to them for $12. Yeah, I've always wondered why people don't ever stand outside of one to see if they can buy the games off of people before they go in. They'd save a lot of money and the people selling would make more.