Games similar to diablo 2

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I've been playing Champions: Return to Arms like mad lately...I've made myself a couple level 80's (female barbarian and an iksar shaman), and I'm working on my next char, a currently level 15 wood elf ranger.

I'm addicted.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
It is...my ranger is now like, level 64. He's a deity, he really is. He's doing 48% critical hits with it turned on (criticals are like 3x norm damage in RtA), he's got the complete Lava Forged set, dual wielding the Voice of Rallos Zek, and has a bow that does 208-288 with Godly Speed and 16% Critical Hit. Not to mention he fires 6 arrows at once with his Multi Fire, and each one has a 72% chance to pass through the target's shields and a 63% chance to pass through the enemy altogether.

He's not even remotely as good as my Barb tho. She almost can't die because her health regen is so good. She can get hit down to about 5% life and regenerate to full in less than 2 seconds. Lesser enemies can wail on her for eternity and never get her below 85% health...then she turns on Ancestral Call and Critical Hit, dual wields The Voice of Rallos Zek and is dishing out well over 1000 damage per normal hit, 3000ish per critical (48% chance to do Crit), and about 6-10 hits per second. She attacks almost as fast as you can press X.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Games like Titan Quest were great, it's biggest downfall to Diablo II was the lack of randomly generated areas.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It is...my ranger is now like, level 64. He's a deity, he really is. He's doing 48% critical hits with it turned on (criticals are like 3x norm damage in RtA), he's got the complete Lava Forged set, dual wielding the Voice of Rallos Zek, and has a bow that does 208-288 with Godly Speed and 16% Critical Hit. Not to mention he fires 6 arrows at once with his Multi Fire, and each one has a 72% chance to pass through the target's shields and a 63% chance to pass through the enemy altogether.

He's not even remotely as good as my Barb tho. She almost can't die because her health regen is so good. She can get hit down to about 5% life and regenerate to full in less than 2 seconds. Lesser enemies can wail on her for eternity and never get her below 85% health...then she turns on Ancestral Call and Critical Hit, dual wields The Voice of Rallos Zek and is dishing out well over 1000 damage per normal hit, 3000ish per critical (48% chance to do Crit), and about 6-10 hits per second. She attacks almost as fast as you can press X.

I like how you're talking like any of us have any idea of wtf you're talking about.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
You know, reading to read it rather than to criticize it, it's really not hard to figure out. The Voice of Rallos Zek is a very powerful weapon...that's about all that's not readily apparent or guessable.

C'mon I thought you had an analytical mind.

Man, I've been working on my new Barb...he's hardcore as ****. Level 52 and his damage is so much higher than my level 80 Barb. With Ancestral Call and Critical Hit on, a successful Critical Hit with the Slam skill does upwards of 20000 damage.

foodang

Member!
Reaction score
blizz needs to make a new patch for diablo 2 maybe adding more items and features and a lot of more people would check that out... i would

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I doubt they will. Most of their attention is probably being focused on getting Starcraft 2 pulled together in time for a Christmas release date. Granted there are multiple teams in Blizzard, but anyone focused on Diablo may be targeted at the long-awaited sequel that may be on the horizon.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
i got sacred its pretty awesome 2d enviroment but the 3d chars kinda crappy

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score

Sounds interesting. What game was that again?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Sounds interesting. What game was that again?
Champions of Norrath, or the sequel Champions: Return to Arms. Both are really quite awesome, and if you play through the first one with one of the original 5 classes, you can import your CoN chars into RtA and keep going. Max level in CoN is 50, but max in RtA is 80, and there's an entirely new difficulty level above the original 3, so there's still plenty to do with your CoN chars.

Overall, they're beautiful games that are really fun to play.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Glad to help. Also, I dunno if I mentioned that they're PS2-only or not, but they are, and I know for sure that the first one is in the PS2 Greatest Hits collection so it's only $20. The sequel's been out for a while, so you can probably pick it up new for under $30.

TehWave

Member!
Reaction score
$30 eh? well.. thats something like 400 or more in DKK( Remember, Im from Europe, Denmark) Not much. well, Im glad its not for PS3 cause I dont have it and probably never will.