Games similar to diablo 2

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
hey ive finished diablo 30 + times and i was wondering if tehres any game good and similar to diablo?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Welllll...for PS2 there are some hack n' slash games sorta similar...Champions of Norrath, Champions: Return to Arms, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and supposedly Baldur's Gate 2.

The two Champions games are a couple of my favorite PS2 games.

T3h Sorrow

"Best ***s on the forum"
Reaction score
shane had Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, it is like diablo, and has a sewer filled with rats :O!, reminds me of qact1

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Yeah, Dark Alliance is pretty good. Champions is similar to it, actually made by the same company, Snowblind. Champions is just a bit more free, and based on the Everquest world, where BG: DA is based on D&D.

Oh, and the two Champions games can be played online.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Apparently Planescape is very good. I haven't had a chance to play through it, but it's by the guys who did Baldur's Gate. Basically anything by Interplay/Black Isle is going to be a kick ass RPG.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Snowblind is pretty damn solid, too...they're delivering the best graphics, RPG-wise, for the PS2. Their water engine is amazing.

Sonic_Moronic

Member!
Reaction score
Titan quest is similar, but its just plain suck.

Theres also Sacred, but i find it very boring and unbalanced...
Hm...

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
TQ doesn't suck, it's actually a really good game. Had it of had an online system similar to D2, it would rock.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
WoW

Diablo is unique. There aren't too many games out there like it. That's what makes it such a good game.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
no wow is gay and there r some diablo like games out there

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
actually i fyou think about it, they could make quite a wide selection of characters for each class.

they could have the basic races [forgive me but my halo is a bit rusty, so if i miss or misspell one or two leave me alone]

-humans would naturally be Spartans and regular humans
-Covenant could be elites, grunts, jackles, buggers, did i miss any?
-brutes could be...well...brutes
-Flood - the little flood buggers, the big exploding flood that ive named "Mikey", the fast guys with the whips...

okay, so i agree, they would have to pull ou ta few "unseen" characters to make this work, but its possible.

of corse, all going witht he color ranking system, making some harder [possibly having different abbilities?]

then, after that,t here would be the weaponry which would devide it up even further, each "Class" if you will [the ranking system] would have different abbilities, kinda like a race in Wow having racials, which might add a diversity of gameplay style i fthey can do it right. thinka bout it, like a human has +2 attack power with sniper rifle or something, but the sniper rifle shoots alot slower event hough its a bit stronger and has more range, giving a strategic feeling to the game.

then the vehicles, once again i admit theyd have to pull out some "unseen" vehicles, things that were "in beta stages in the past, but were finally ready to try them ou t" or something, or just use halo3 vehicles and weapons, who knows, by the time this is out it could be halo4 weapons and vehicles ~.~

i kinda like the idea, but they will really have to work on this to make it run

edit: then again, this sint even being made by bungie...this coudl suck bawlz...

Trips

Member!
Reaction score
You can try to go back to the basics and try out Rogue. It is pretty involved and complicated, but it is what Diablo is partially based upon.

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my bad, i posted that in the wrong thread somehow...

anyways, DiabloII isnt just a game to play through the storyline, play online, meet other people, and learn to duel/play as a team, the games MUCH better if you dont just play through the game for the storyline. the goal is to be the best [kinda like pokemon's "gotta catch 'em all" theory]

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
i play to be the best and i am the best thats why i want a new game

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well you said you beat it 30+ times, when in fact the method of playing im talking doesnt include even paying attention to that...im sure i beat the game well over 100 times i were to think about it

Bjornita

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Uh MU Online is like Diablo (from what I remember). It's also pretty boring. I think Dungeon Siege was point-and-click as well, and that has a sequel out (or maybe not shit I haven't followed games in a while). Then there was the game that had like the exact same locales and was hailed as a clone but daag I don't remember what it was called. Uh.. my sister played some game called Fate for a bit that was almost exactly the same but more cartoony.

Any Black Isle/WotC game probably won't have what you're looking for because they're a little more story-driven and less... repetitive, and because you have to manage a group. Even NWN, which is as close to Diablo as you're going to get from those guys.

boop beep

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Try Roguelike, great game.

Otherwise there are a lot of games like Diablo II, Titan quest being a crappier copy, but not that many good games.