Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Other

Votes: 9 20.5%

• Total voters

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
TwistedRat said:
So to finaly end this, its about what you like, and I wouldn't put down another genre just because you do not like it. FPS seems to be for people who like games that relay on skill(As skill I mean something done physicaly), but it also has a good mix a strategy(everyone knows its not as strategic as a RTS, thats a duh, but why is that a bad thing?). RTS seems to be a more mentally based game with some physical skill.(It may be harder then you think to coordinate a small army with a cursor)
Pretty much. What you like depends on what you are good at. Physical "twitch" movements as they would call them, are required for FPS's. So, whoever is faster and more accurate at pointing the cursor on the other player is the better player. The only bone I have to pick with FPS's is that most of the times it is kill on the spot. The strategy in say "CS" is all based on what you do BEFORE you confront the enemy. I like games that mix it around a bit (ie Tribes).

Niedar said:
Seems like everything Aragorn posted in here is based off one game, CounterStrike. Probably one of the worst FPS to compare the strategy level to a RTS.
Yep, I was GENERALIZING big time. I consider a lot of other FPS's very strategic, but I find games that are more realistic to be less strategic. RTS's will always be just a little bit more strategic. Unless you play an FPS that is based on RTS principles (C&C: Renegade).

It all depends on what you are good at. If you suck at "wit" or strategy, you might want to play an FPS. If you suck at twitch movements, you might want to play an RTS where it is not as "twitchy". I enjoy both gametypes, but lately FPS's have really gone downhill. How many battlefield clones have popped up recently anyways? WW2 spinoffs? :frustrate

proxyNOboneo

Reaction score
FPS games take alot more skill and alot more practice to get used to. ANd that is they i voted for them.

Nicholas The Slide

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if you put the skill and strategy required for ..oh lets say... halo next to the skill and strategy reqired for Baulders Gate, halo get pwned. BIGtime pwned. (and i've played both by the way)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
RTS games all the way, RPG are so boring, and repetative, Racing games are jsut crap

FPS hold no true strategy. I have played one, and whenever i play a different one, its no different at all. they all feel like they were copied from the first fps, and changed slightly to trick you into making it feel like a new game and that you bought something good.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
TwistedRat said:
Camp, switch spots, throw grenades correctly and strategicly, fill other peoples positions, watch every angle, cordinate strategy to actually get into the bombsite.
Also, there are maps that are totally open, and guess what? It ends up being who can shoot the best.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's skill, not strategy. Different things.

Nicholas The Slide

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only GOOD fps out there is the ORIGIONAL doom game..because it was what started FPS practically. it wasnt the first but it was the best. practically evenry FPS after that was based on DOOM.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
FPS games definitely require the most skill, although when you play an RTS like warcraft 3 it's also all about micro, at least in solo. Warcraft isn't a very good example of a strategic game, but there are plenty of RTS games that are strategic. I think the FPS games are more fun, but they can be frustrating if you suck at aiming, or just can't get the hang of the game. Every game type takes practice to get good at and enjoy it (except RPG). RPG's require little to no skill and little to no strategy, you really can't plan to make a good character unless you read about what's coming up later on in the game ;), they are mostly for the story. It really comes down to what you enjoy more, action, strategy, or a storyline.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's skill, not strategy. Different things.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I didn't say it was skill, or strategy. I was giving a list of what all you had to go through in an FPS in one round.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, your quotes of Aragorn's post, and the answer, made me assume like you were actually saying that those things were strategy factors of RTS games.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
Well, your quotes of Aragorn's post, and the answer, made me assume like you were actually saying that those things were strategy factors of RTS games.
When I replied I was refering to:
It isn't all that hard to camp when you need to and throw a few grenades inbetween?

Nicholas The Slide

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have to put a break in my hard fast FPS boycott..becuz the only FPS i play anymore is Tribes 2..and only really becuz im in a clan and becuse of the awesome mods that they have

Sicloan

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
<3 the fps games. Thier so fun!!! UT2004 & cs:source & CS & cz & halo & doom3

kk i cant get enough fps games and im going to wet myself when HL2 and HALO2 comes out.

I'm also a fan of sports games, i play Amped2 on xbox as well as motocross & driving games.

And Vice City owns as well, but thats like a fps / role playing sorta. its hawt.

Nicholas The Slide

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Halo=WAY overrated, halo 2=way overanticipated. i have played halo. IT WASNT THAT GOOD. *audible gasp* *someone who thinks halo wasnt a godsend to the gaing world*

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I like single-player FPS, or RPGs, or RTS games. I hate online FPS's, i always get owned and it's gay.

Reaction score
Rpg all the way including d2 lod, final fantasy(all), star ocean etc. i havent really tried fps but i will soon

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
FPS/TPS or any game I can get my paws on.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
RTS
Shooters
are my favorites

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Renzokuken said:
I like single-player FPS, or RPGs, or RTS games. I hate online FPS's, i always get owned and it's gay.
Well getting owned online usually always happens with almost all multiplayer games. Just get your aim insane like mine, and FPS's shouldn't be too hard.

sega2200

Member!
Reaction score
wow what a wide range of selection between all the different genres, it rpobably took you like 3 hours seeing how many u have, wow dont strain yourself, well at least u got fpss one of my fave comp genres