Game errors that bother you?

Pains Requiem

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok.. so how about 75 hydras versus mat 37 BCs... -;-
oh well,BOT, a vug i hated was the floating templar tricks.. people used to do that to me on Island maps and that would annoy the piss outta me, especially when they move to a area of my island im not monitoring and merge there

CruelJustice

Member!
Reaction score
When BN says you cannot connect because there "may" be a virus so you have to re-install the entire game and back up your profiles. Horrendously time-consuming and utterly frusterating.

I also hate when I tell a crapload of my most expensive units to hold position and they engage in ass-hat mode by trying to shoot down a few tiny zerglings only to blow up.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Darkmatter said:
KoRn, sir. When BC's fire, Valkyries don't. They have a firing bug, you should know that. When too much fire happens on screen, it makes it so Valkyries don't even fire at all. And it can start at a number as little as 10 or more. So if you have over 20 Valkyries, they won't all fire on an opponet, since it lags and since the game just doesn't allow it. ;)

Therefore, combining the 6 armor of BC's against like 3 damage from upgraded Valkyries, you would lose. :)
I always wondered about that bug and the missile turret one. Are you sure the valkyries don't fire, or the SC engine just can't handle the all the animations while actually registering the damage? I always though the latter, same for missile turrets.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
It's the SC Engine mixed with lg, as far as evolves go. Because so many units on the map will cause ALL units to barely fire, if at all. But for Valkyries, it's basically the SC Engine saying ''Too many rockets on the screen, cannot compute!'' so they just don't fire at all, and that's why they would lose against those BC's. I use the Firing Bug term because it's easier to explain. :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I sure did. Air Evolves is an easy way to test it. Each person can have maybe 40 of like, say wraiths, firing. Say one player get's Valkyries, they will fly up to the enemy like normal, and then just sit there. I've tested it a lot of times, and it really makes me mad that the SC Engine can't handle all of their fire on screen. That's why Corsairs are better then Valkyries in air evolves, because they fire regardless, unless it's MAJOR lag and like tons of units firing everywhere. :)