Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
lol

you speak the truth my friend

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Scourges own BCs. But this is turning into a strategy discussion, and the thread is about bugs with Starcraft. Z's bug was quite legitimate, as it's happened to me a number of times. Let's try to get back on topic :p

I dislike the fact that if you order ground units, especially Dragoons and other Protoss, to attack to a place past an enemy occupied choke, once your units have blocked off the choke, the other ones don't stand behind them trying to replace them as they're killed.. they run in the opposite direction while your fighting units die, having no reinforcements. Very aggravating sometimes.

Zerglite

Reaction score
scourges hardly work vs bc's

b/c bc's fire instantly unlike carriers
and kill the scourges in 1 hit

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i havfta take my sc cd out when loading bnet b/c it will freeze

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
That's wierd Wing. >.< And fefinately a new one as far as I'm concerned. I did have a time where StarCraft would not load any images nlike in-game models because I had it running without it's CD in my disdk drive. :p

Needless to say, I lost that game. :(

50 Scourges, or however many you can toss at a fleet of Battlecruisers will not lose. They will overwhelm the BC's en masse and destroy most if not all of them. Their rate of fire is about that of a Siege Tanks, if not a little slower.

Zerglite

Reaction score
12 bc's can kill 24 scourges w/o gettin hurt

or some # close to that

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
whoever has played WTC defence. after a while you have no many turrets that i can't even fire anymore

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Zerglite said:
12 bc's can kill 24 scourges w/o gettin hurt

or some # close to that
Thats why you make a lot of Scourge to storm the BC's! That way, it won't even matter, it will just be supreme overkill in the likes that you've never evwer seen before! Commodores, going down! *Does scourge screech* :D

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Scourges absolutely destroy BCs and Carriers. I can't believe anyone could not know that. How long have you been playing Starcraft ZL? A lot of the things you say seem very, um.. inexpert. It's a word. Look it up. Anyways, I'm just wondering :p

Zerglite

Reaction score
actually i was trying to say that BC's are not AS vulnerable to scourages as Carriers

b/c bc's fire instantly unlike carriers
and kill the scourges in 1 hit
every bc can kill bout 2 scourges b4 they are hit

so unless u make like 50 scourges...

625 minerals 1875 gas

then u wont kill many bc's, if u can even touch em

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Zerglite said:
HAH... valks do what... 3 dmg per missle to a BC, yeah thats alot but just spread out ur BC's and flank em and ur valks spread dmg is useless
:rofl2

Anytime someone says, "Well i'll just flank your Corsairs/Valkyries/Devourers with my BC/Carriers/Mutalisks so i wont get hit by splash!", they are SO full of crap. It never happens, no one can be bothered to flank anything, especially players who tend to mass BCs...:rolleyes

BOT: BCs would own Valks regardless of how much splash they do. Valks just plain suck.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Well what you said is

Which is a big difference. Yes, Carriers are more vulnerable to scourges than BCs are. BCs are still extremely vulnerable to them though. Zerg only need a single air upgrade for their scourges to survive the first hit, but even without that, they still decimate BCs. Yes, you need a lot of them. But using scourges en masse is how they were meant to be used :)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
-Azrael666- said:
BCs are still extremely vulnerable to them though. Zerg only need a single air upgrade for their scourges to survive the first hit, but even without that, they still decimate BCs. Yes, you need a lot of them. But using scourges en masse is how they were meant to be used :)
Yes, but ONE Terran air weaponry upgrade totally throws all Zerg air armor out the window.

Face it, BCs own Scourges. Never use Scourges against BCs. You need five scourges to kill ONE BC, which is heaps. Good luck killing 12 BCs with just Scourges.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, whats bwetter to do is this: Muta/Devourer with ensare, and then when the BC's are all slowed, and jizzed up with nice, squishy spores, you fling the Scourge at them. They would be too busy firing the Mutalisks and Devourers to notce. And add the spores so it would be a hefty punch to the Terran Player, I think. ;)

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Renzokuken said:
Yes, but ONE Terran air weaponry upgrade totally throws all Zerg air armor out the window.

Face it, BCs own Scourges. Never use Scourges against BCs. You need five scourges to kill ONE BC, which is heaps. Good luck killing 12 BCs with just Scourges.
Hot-forever's scourges destroyed Nada's BCs on isles of siren. I'm gonna attach the gif in a moment. It was beautiful. :p It doesn't really matter in the long run since zerg has a bunch of other counters.

Not sure if I've seen BCs when I play zvt before the game was already won.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Renzokuken said:
:rofl2

Anytime someone says, "Well i'll just flank your Corsairs/Valkyries/Devourers with my BC/Carriers/Mutalisks so i wont get hit by splash!", they are SO full of crap. It never happens, no one can be bothered to flank anything, especially players who tend to mass BCs...:rolleyes

BOT: BCs would own Valks regardless of how much splash they do. Valks just plain suck.
In ZVZ where both player mass muta then they don't flank but they have to spread. But yeah your right, most players who mass BC (except in TVT) don't really know what they're doing in the first place :).

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
imma post one more tiem about the valks/BC strategy and the money map situation-
BC could probably take out valks if they were evenly matched in number, but in the situation i was talking about BC's number would equal 37 while the Valks number would be 50- 13 extra is enough to destroy the BCs.
also, zerglite, if u flank the BC, BCs are so slow while they are moving to position they are free to be raped by the faster moving, and faster firing Valks.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
KoRn, sir. When BC's fire, Valkyries don't. They have a firing bug, you should know that. When too much fire happens on screen, it makes it so Valkyries don't even fire at all. And it can start at a number as little as 10 or more. So if you have over 20 Valkyries, they won't all fire on an opponet, since it lags and since the game just doesn't allow it. ;)

Therefore, combining the 6 armor of BC's against like 3 damage from upgraded Valkyries, you would lose. :)

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
do you see my name as korn? there is a reason i changed my name...
why wouldnt it cancel out the BCs attack? or does it still do that, but the atatck canceling too great for the Valks?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, if too many things fire on the screen, or in the map in general, Valkyreis won't fire. Assuming you know what I am talking about, Valkyries cancel eachothers fire since they fire a lot per attack, now multiply that and you can see it won't work the way you think. They would cancel most of eachother's fire, which is why they are totally worthless in big-scale air evolves maps. :p