Game errors that bother you?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
StarCraft does have a few errors, or bugs as they say. The one I notice and hate the most, is probably the one with Valkyrie firing. You've all seen it happen, atleast most of you should have. When you get a fairly largre group of Valkyries together, they won't all shoot. Now, this doesn't pose much of a problem for normal gamwers, since you wouldn;t mass Valkyries in the first damn place. But in maps like Air Evolves, it really sucks. When you're forced to mass these guys, they become wiorthless if too many people are firing on the map at once. It's really, really annoying.

Have any problems with StarCraft like bugs or errors that personally agitate you?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I don't really like when an SCV starts dacing above the supply depot lines after it finishes building one.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
a@... said:
When probe starts doing this when I order it to move.

Hahaha. I hate that so bad, Probes are probably the smallest workers and they can still get suck in a little trap such as that. On the topic of workers, I hate when SCV's build a Refinery and don't automatically mine from it, or can't period.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"Error loading scenario file" when dling a map. It kicks me right off bnet.

:(

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Whenever I minmize sc, I get an abortion error :(. :rainfro.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I hate it also when your in a hurry biulding with a probe and he gets stuck. That Blows.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well you can just give it a new command and it breaks free. Especially if you send it to minerals.

Well, a couple of things bother me. Sometimes a pylon will just stop functioning. This has only happened to me once but it was in a pgt game versus someone better than me so I was really mad.

I also hate it when goons freeze. Even worse is when they freeze on your choke. Archons can also freeze on your choke. The only way to free them is with a dropship.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I hate when your drone is mining gas, and you can't get him to stop. You select him and order him to move, build, attack, mine minerals, whatever, and he won't. It tends to piss me off enough that I make my other units kill it. It's happened quite a bit.

They've fixed this, but I hated the fact that sieging tanks on a beacon would destroy them. I made a UMS map which involved a beacon, and you could be a siege tank.. so you couldn't siege on the beacon to protect it, because it was the equivalent of suicide. Very not cool.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Reavers that don't listen. (i.e. I tell them to attack some hydras and they attack the drones instead)

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
As far as I noticed, that only happen when they run out of scarabs and are building one at the moment you order them to kill the hydras. Only after the building of the scarab can you tell them to do anything, teh bastards.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Phoenix2003 said:
Reavers that don't listen. (i.e. I tell them to attack some hydras and they attack the drones instead)
I hate that. But what I view with undying scorn is when a scasrab can't eadh my target, and it ''glides'' along my line of dragoons, and then at like the last minute it either blows up, making it a waste, or it goes and kills something. That's probably why I don't use Reavers anymore.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
As far as I noticed, that only happen when they run out of scarabs and are building one at the moment you order them to kill the hydras. Only after the building of the scarab can you tell them to do anything, teh bastards.
well, the point is that they should remember what target I commanded for them and obey. :angry

Zmoney

Reaction score
In UMS maps sometimes Turrets freeze up when too many come about.

I also hate it when in money maps you max the unit count on maps. That really bites, I wish there was as many units as you want per map overall.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Phoenix2003 said:
That doesn't happen Phoenix :p. Reaver's scarabs might miss and explode (doing no damage) near something else, but they don't target different things than you made them.

Zerglite

Reaction score
I also hate it when in money maps you max the unit count on maps. That really bites, I wish there was as many units as you want per map overall.
are you insane???? then all u gotta do is make like 50 bc's and ur UNSTOPABBLE ( exept if a ghost lockdowns you)

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
BCs cost more than 4 supply mat- they cost 6 and 50 BCs would cost 300 supply and you are limited to 200. anyway you have workers on money maps which can total up to 50 itself-
so 150/4= around 37 BCs-
not quite 50. anyway Valks maxed out to limit would destroy the BCs in no time at all.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Yeah, he just meant when you have enough people on a money map, even though you have supply left still, it won't let you build anything because there are too many total units on the map. It can become quite a drawback in large scale money map games, and sometimes even the determining factor.

Zerglite

Reaction score
anyway Valks maxed out to limit would destroy the BCs in no time at all.
HAH... valks do what... 3 dmg per missle to a BC, yeah thats alot but just spread out ur BC's and flank em and ur valks spread dmg is useless

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
BC's could smoke Valkyries anyday. Only 6-7 or so Valkyries woukld end up firing their missles, while the BC's pummel away with highly intensive laser fire. It's a really nasty situation, and it can be depressing when you rely on those german horserockers too much. :(