Game Alert: September Edition

KOLOSSAL

Hi Friends
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
When I look back on this year I am likely going to remember it as one of the most entertaining years of my life. With the immense output of fantastic movies this year, thanks to Marvel and other industries, and the promise of a powerhouse of video games in the fall/winter season, I am very happy with this year as a whole and have rarely found myself without something to do. With that in mind, I believe September is going to kick off the season of epic video gaming.

September Releases (XBOX):

Space Marine-
I'll start off with the one I am the most excited about, Warhammer Online 40,000 - Space Marine. When I was a kid my dad had these awesome space looking figurines that he would paint. They looked like this:
Google Images
Every once in a while we'd since set up fortresses and go to war. I never had more fun. These particular figurines belong to the universe of Warhammer 40k, a universe incredibly similar to the regular Warhammer universe you may have heard about, but in space. Relic entertainment has recently realized the massive potential of this universe and has recently made it their new project to give us this universe coupled with a great first and third person shooter. Not only does the gameplay itself look ridiculously fun, but the customization is something I have never seen before... 1.8 BILLION customizable features. Holy [expletive deleted]. Anyway, enough talk about this one, I'll provide you a couple links and Space Marine's homepage and let you get to it yourself.

Space Marine E3 Trailer-
Space Marine | Videos
Space Marine Multiplayer Customizer-
Space Marine | Videos
Space Marine Homepage-
Space Marine

Dead Island-
Now I've been waiting a long time for a new zombie survival game to catch my eye, and to be honest I've been disappointed for a couple of years. However, after seeing the gripping trailers for this game, I knew right away it was something I was going to be buying. Dead Island is set on the island of Banoi, a tropical paradise where vacationers go to get away from the rest of the world. Lucky for us, Banoi is the perfect location for a zombie uprising.

From what I can tell, the game is going to be a first person 4 player co-op, similar to Left 4 Dead. However, the way it differs from L4D is that it will take place in a free roam open world, which means you don't need to take the same path every time to beat a certain level. You can do what you think is best to survive and THIS ASPECT ladies and gentlemen is what I think will make the game phenominal and addicting. The weapons are customizable and will degrade after long overuse so you won't be able to kill 100,000 zombies with the same baseball bat that should have been in splinters after the first 100. Needless to say, I highly recommend giving this game a shot.

Here is a link to the website. All four trailers are on the frontpage.
http://deadisland.deepsilver.com/deadisland.php

Other games of note-
Resistance 3
God of War: Origins
Star Fox 3D
Gears of War 3
Resident Evil: Mercenaries 3D

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Space Marine - This one makes me sad, because I absolutely love the original Warhammer tabletop game and it's sequel 40k. If it wasn't so damn expensive, and I had more friends into it I would play it. What Games workshop has repeatedly ****ed up is translating the sexyness of the tabletop game into a video game. This, this game is literally the furthest thing from the cerebral game turning it into a bloody mess. It upsets me.

Dead Island - I was definitely pulled in by what is probably the best trailer in existence. Unfortunately I've watched the game play trailers since then, and that game looks dull. Boring. Generic. I'm not going to call it to early, but there is no way the gameplay lives up to the hype that the trailer produced.

KOLOSSAL

Hi Friends
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I can somewhat agree with you on both accounts. I just keep my hopes up and hope you end up being wrong... because honestly there's no greater thing I can think of than 40k becoming the next fantastic game on the market. As far as Dead Island goes, I think I'll still enjoy it due to storyline and the air of a fresh game... at least for a couple months until Battlefield/Call of Duty.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I hope Dead island is better than what it looks like.

To me it is the gateway drug to that final Zombie MMO I've been looking forward to.

I hope Space Marine fails because I really want them to rethink their game division and make a damn translation of a real turn-based strategy Warhammer game, and not constantly offering awful watered down rip-offs of other games.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw the dead island trailer as well. Got me stoked. But then when they released some gameplay I was a bit let down. I'll still likely buy it, just had expected more from such an epic trailer.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I saw the dead island trailer as well. Got me stoked. But then when they released some gameplay I was a bit let down. I'll still likely buy it, just had expected more from such an epic trailer.
I don't think any game could match the awesomeness of that trailer. That trailer was better than most movies.