Fury warrior weapons speed

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Might as well try to keep this forum alive with several threads :p

This one is mostly for ranzogaga as he had one:

I've been told that warriors should have one slow MH and one fast OH for more rage, been told that weapon speeds do not matter, and been told that the best is the slowest you can get.

In all honestly, of all the arguments I've heard, I think the third's the best option, because rage has been normalized, thus weapon speed is irrelevant, and when WWing you hit for way more than with fast weapons (since damage is bigger).

Aand, how much hit rating does a warrior need?

Answer me you australian squid.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Hah, using my weapons against myself you silly bear?

Allright, I'll gve it a look, cheers.

We should make a sticky with a guide for each class, even though it's easy enough to google hem.

--Edit--

Weapon Expertise:

Replacing probably the most confusing dps stat ever Weapon Expertise is now on every piece of gear that used to have Weapon Skill. What weapon expertise does is lower an enemies chance to dodge and parry by .25% each per point of expertise. For dps this means is that expertise is weighted identically to hit on gear(they are both 3.9 rating per point in hit/expertise). However reducing a mobs chance to dodge your attacks benefits white damage AND yellow damage. This is a huge difference. Unfortunately there is no plate dps gear currently out there that has expertise. There are a couple leather pieces that might be worth picking up depending on what you are using and if you can pry them away from rogues. Also humans and orcs get expertise for specific weapons from their racial talents.
I don't get it. I thought if you attack from behind they won't dodge or parry anyway. Isn't expertise a tanking stat?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Attacking from behind removes parries from the attack table. So regardless of your class, if you're melee, always attack from behind..

I don't know much about expertise since they added it in a patch when i wasn't playing. They removed the addition of weapon skill to gear and replaced it with expertise. And as you can see it lowers the enemies chance to dodge & parry by .25% per point of expertise.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Attacking from behind only removes parry? Not dodge?

Because if it does removes dodge then expertise is completly useless for DPS melee.

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
Attacking from behind only removes parry.

Personally I go with two slow weapons when I'm fury, because of the new whirlwind hitting with both weapons.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Ah, so no dodges then. Guess Expertise has its uses after all.

Reaction score
If warriors have matching weapon speeds, they get a free flurry proc.