Fun with Pitlord aka Da Tank

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
Ok, so i played a few 4v4 RT games last night for fun, mainly because i got bored of 1v1 and 2v2, and started experimenting more with the Pitlord.

The Pitlord owns with orc. Not as first hero but 2nd. This is what i did. Got TC as first hero (endurance aura helps the TC, Pitlord, and tauren etc, plus stomp is just siq) I can honestly say that TC/Pitlord with speed scrolls is quite amusing to see, and when you can lvl the pitlord up a few lvls he becomes one hell of a tank. Howl of Terror is quite nice for reducing dmg to your tanks, and his passive ability to deal splash damage makes him even better :rollie

This strat isnt recommended solo as any type of air will rip u apart, but when you have an ally going hippos/chims, and you provide the meat by the TC/PL/Grunts/Tauren, you have a wrecking force. A few speed scrolls and you are good to go. Max out the Tauren atk/def, and definetly get Pulverize. Wood may become a problem so i suggest expo'ing if you can and get a few extra wood peons.

On a side note, has anyone noticed that speed scroll'ed chims can REALLY tear a base apart quick?

I had used the pitlord before but mainly with undead, never tried him with orc, and i can say he works real well, not like the Horde needs another tank, but he helps take FF off of the TC for more stomps. That and if you can get both to lvl 6, you have one tank that refuses to die (TC) and another that makes Doom Guards out of enemy units (PL) for even MORE tanks/stomping action. Its even better if you put invul. pots on each one of them, then crash into a base with an ally keeping an eye for air units. GG. :doped

P.S. u can flame me if u want, i know this strategy has many loopholes, which is why it isnt really a strat, just something for fun.

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
I have never try PL with orc. mainly because they dont need another tank. but in team games its another story. I will give him a try!:D
The best use of him that I've seen is with ud, cause u can heal him with coil, he becomes faster with aura, and howl combined with banshee's curse is just deadly (if they dont have Acs)

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, i use him quite a bit with UD, the whole howl/curse is just sickly, reducing so much dmg you barely get hurt. but i was in the mood for playing around with neutral heroes last night with orc because of the nice heavy T1 melee being able to support the more girly/pansy heroes (alchemist?)

BTW, in my opinion i think they should remove the goblin alchemist from the game, he really is a usless turd...

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
I use alchi a lot. hes the only neutral with healing. and look at his stats in higher levels, he rocks! he has a lot of hp and mana (and damage).his lack of agility isnt a problem with rage. also combine acid bomb with the ud orb. he becomes a great hero killer and he can hit air units too...
And watching one of my wyrms turning into gold is not funny...

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
Guess i never used him enough to see his full potential. I usually would choose any of the other neutral heroes over him, but i might try a few games with him tonight.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
weird

why do u have a leaf????????????????????

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
because i like leaves. especailly the ones that you burn and the aroma coming off the burning leaves leaves you feeling euphoric, happy, dazed, confused, and gives you one helluva case of the munchies. its sorta illegal, not that i see why, cigarettes kill thousands and thousands of people each year, and ive never heard of anyone getting killed from a few green herbs.

Edit: To keep this on topic, has anyone had success using PitLord with the NE? Maybe a dryad strat? He sure would help them stay alive longer. And o yeah, the PitLord smokes leaves too... he told me so.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
As a first undead hero he rocks, just get a death knight second so you can save his ass. I get Pit Lord with Orc sometimes, just not very often because Bloodlust isn't as reliable as Unholy Frenzy is. But Howl of Terror is a plus in any situation, cutting damage by 50% for 15 seconds can give you the edge you need.

However, I am a tinker fan with the orcs. Considering how much damage a Pocket Factory can do if it is left unattended. Believe me, most morons don't even try to destroy it, then they pay for it with 30-80 explosions in the face.

FeRN@n2

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah tinker is also an awesome creeper. But I rarely use neutral heroes as Ud. I prefer Cl instead of Pl. I found it more versatile. 90% of the ud players go Dk first!

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yesterday saw a pit lord use his rain of fire on my burrow....hell. its like, after three waves have fallen your burrows are gone. im gonna try to be pit lord and see how many farms i can destroy. :D anyway, i havnt used pit lord much, but ill try him.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's great to see renewed interest in the Pit Lord. Perhaps we can see this love for the Alch later on.

My favorite hero still is and will always be the Tinker. Pocket Factory is POWERFUL, yet fun, and the Robo Goblin is just great for harassing bases and watching their reactions.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
once i played as pitlord on footmen frenzy and I fully upgrade his cleaving attack and got a claw of devastaion (+100) and i was able to kill off entier armies in 2 hits! but that was cheap becuz the cleavin was 190% to nearby units lol. thats the best skill you can get if your enemy is getting alot of crappy units

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Revelade said:
It's great to see renewed interest in the Pit Lord. Perhaps we can see this love for the Alch later on.

My favorite hero still is and will always be the Tinker. Pocket Factory is POWERFUL, yet fun, and the Robo Goblin is just great for harassing bases and watching their reactions.
I love the alchemist. I used him to break the spirit of a noob chimmer in Solo. Transmute was basically making his chims into profit and also healing my other heroes from his weak magic attacks. For god's sake, he had a lvl 2 DH as well :).

As I said in my guide, the Pit Lord is meant for taking out or dealing with more than one enemy at a time. Such a benefit would prove useful in the heat of battle.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
i dont think i have ever used alchemist in the normal game, but only on footmen frenzy. lol and that reminds me that i will get troll priest with herbalism and alchemy on wow :)

yes thats exactly the hero pitlord is

ChrisH36

Reaction score
In the footmen frenzy, he is difficult to maintain in battle. But when you level him up and starting taking use of Transmute. You can bring down even the toughest of foes!

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
yeah, also thransmute cooldown is fairly quick on frenzy, so its like transmute, go to the highest tier units, go to mid for more mana... and so on, and lv 3 transmute is very useful if ur struggling for the mid.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Definitly. I have robbed up to 1000+ from a single tauren in that. Pit Lord is even nastier in footmen frenzy too, considering claws of dev + 190 cleave = gg. Hell, if you want to kill a hero: Just attack a unit next to it :p.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
hey ive done that! it is so fun to see every thing in front of u die with 2 swipes, and ive gotten 2 + 100 claws 2 + 20 claws, runed bracers, and spell shield, this is a counter strat to chunk taking heros such as lich, cattle bruiser, dk, potm etc.

b4 that ive always thought he was trash, now hes pretty good

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Footmen Frenzy is different than melee when PL building. Obviously the fact you don't got a 190 cleave with 100 damage claws. The Pit Lord is mostly used for his howl of terror skill, more than his Rain of Fire skill. RoF still has pluses, but I would rather take off 1/2 of the enemy's attack strength for 15 seconds then doing small DPS that an enemy can easily escape from.

xgoonx

Member!
Reaction score
well heres the skill order hot/rof/ca/hot/rof/ca and so on, his doom guards are useless on frenzy