Forum Skin Proposal Once Again!

Radium

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
NOOOO!!!! Never an anime skin, so many people would leave because their forum looked like a cheap japanese cartoon.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I want the Luna theme... coRt, can you work on that?

Is StarGhost back up? If so... I need to get there sometime and sign into my account... I liked the Luna skin there.

~~EDIT1~~

If we do make an anime theme, it should be "optional" only. We'd also need several to cover tastes...

~~EDIT2~~

Didn't feel like wasting a thread.

StarGhost being gone = :usad

Oh well... It was a nice site... It will be missed.

And thanks for looking into Luna... NO!! I still don't feel that this deserved a new post!!

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
What you guys can do if you want to make your own forum skin, and propose that it be installed on the forums, is save any thread page on to your HD. Then delete all but one post out so you don't have to make the same changes to all the posts on that page.

Edit the tables so they look nice on your local computer, and when you're finished, you can show it to an admin by uploading all the files to any FTP server (Angelfire, Geocities, etc).

I can look into getting Lunar here, however the skins were preset for Invision Power Board (used for StarGhost.com), not vBulletin (Battleforums).

I also believe Skuzzy may have deleted the StarGhost forums as he's planning on selling it and splitting the profits between the two of us... I don't think the StarGhost forums exist anymore. :(

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I have limited knowlege of html, and only pagemaker 3, but if I find some time I'll try to make something.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I'd cut the "metallicy" though. Maybe "marbly" or "stony"...

EDIT: What the...I swear I was on the second page when I posted this. Anyway, this was in response to some stuff on the first page. I guess it doesn't make a whole lot of sense right now.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
yes yes I have 7 of them..they all belong to the warcraft section..and dammit I cannot complete my work without an active net connection. dammit again :hmad.

one question..who should i send it to?....I will put them up in the GFX section for an oppinion and...sugestions of course ;).

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by MacMan
The grey is what bugs me the most about these forums... it's just so bland and depressing!
I don't think he's saying that it has to be grey. I think he's saying just to make it alternate colors more or something.

And what you're doing looks good. One of the reasons that I like it is because it's able to look good, and not be complex. I still use the old skin because SCGhost takes too long to load. There should be some skin options that are as simple as this one, but look better.

mthegreatone

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the sequel name of starcraft is gonna be called hybrid hell? that's a pretty cool name for a game...i wonder how powerful of a comp u'll need to play it

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Originally posted by mthegreatone
the sequel name of starcraft is gonna be called hybrid hell? that's a pretty cool name for a game...i wonder how powerful of a comp u'll need to play it
i think its a fan art but it could happen

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
For Diablo 2:

Background: (See Attachment)

Font Colors:
text:red
links:steel blue

Sticky Color:white

That should be all needed..

B

BugZ

yeah i agree with macman.. get a original skin that is nice and organized. nothng messy.. i think it is pretty messy now. and those headers/footers are getting old.