Forum Skin Proposal Once Again!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Meh, we could have Zerg Hatchery, Terran Bunker and Protoss Nexus with the appropriate template, the one that is in the game, Zerg with the flesh, or whatever, etc. Same stands for WarCraft, if they have anything.

As for the rest, we could have a contest in GFX, a list of all forums, and users picked one and made a little piece f the template ;)

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah....you should make a contest in the GFX forum. the people there will most likely help in making the new template.

And diablo, post in the right forum.

<><CoRwIn><>

Member!
Reaction score
Website
groups.msn.com
And what's to become of our d2 forum? I'm perfectly fine with scghost skin, but I'd like to see a 1337er skin in the diablo forums =/ how about silvery metallic look with the occasional bloodstains...

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no one's really tossed around the idea of doing anything original. Sure stealing images from blizzard games works, but wheres the skill in that? Corwin's idea sounds the best out of all of them so far.

MacMan

Reaction score
There are images that define the corners of the threads and posts, and then a different image that is repeated along the sides of the threads/posts. One thing this forum needs is allot less grey, and new button images, IMO.
Hmm... I shall flaunt the beauty of aqua...

MacMan

Reaction score
Not water fool! Aqua!

I just made this since my last post. It was all from scratch so it's a little rough, but it looks a lot better than this sc ghost crap...

If you want to use any of this, you need to ask me personally.
(Yes, I even made the buttons)

MacMan

Reaction score
Duh it's the same layout, I wasn't going to make something that I didn't know bf could even support. If you mean it looks like the default skin, then you should really look at that skin again. The old skin is just grey and black boxes, with light grey lines going through them... with some light blue boxes at the top and bottom for color, of course.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Like I said, it's just like the old layout but with different colors. I like the starghost boxes and stuff that are around the posts and thread. I'm just not fine with the background layout. It's grey! I like the starcraft 2 background on the first post I posted here. It has black with yellow dots on it.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I've already begun making a ripoff layout of the Zerg template however anyone that would like to participate in sending me images to be used for this new template would be greatly appreciated. There are some specifications for anything that is submitted however.

Say you want to send me your images in different segments. Top left, top center, top right, left side, right side, bottom left, bottom center, and bottom right.

Any of the top and bottom border images cannot exceed 40 pixels in height, and any of the side images cannot exceed 10 pixels.

If there's going to be a major or minor template overhaul, and someone comes up with something completely original that just flat out kicks ass, then those dimentions can be negotiated.

If you'd like to see how my slow progress is going with the new Zerg template I intend to use as a skeleton base for the new templates, you can see the progress here.

If you'd like to contact me via e-mail as I've disabled PMing here, you can e-mail me at cortalos@angelfire.com. I finally have time to check my e-mail again. :wasted

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
If there's going to be a major or minor template overhaul, and someone comes up with something completely original that just flat out kicks ass, then those dimentions can be negotiated.
I'm disappointed in you. You swore in the chit chat forum!

I like the zerg template. Gives me the creepy feeling. Are you going to do the same with Protoss and Terran?

MacMan

Reaction score
Did you look at my attachment on the first page?

MacMan

Reaction score
Psh... that sc wouldn't go with anything aqua, and because it's not original work, I wouldn't incorperate it into anything I do. If you need borders I can just make some to go along with the skin, but what do you mean by different color config?

MacMan

Reaction score
The grey is what bugs me the most about these forums... it's just so bland and depressing!

zergs_hellfire

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.clubae86.tk
Ya grey is depressing and Aqua could look good(if your a hardcore mac fan;)).But if we did a couple more Sc ones that would be nice.Hey hey and maybe a anime skin?