For Whom the Art Burns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
*Cloud*Well, It seems like this'll be over too soon...*To Ryu Telepathicly**Cloud*I'm going in, you guys should catch up, or there'll be nothing left. Seems like Hero and his soldiers are doing a lot of damage out there. Whatever he did he did it nicely, because he's a lot stronger...

*Portals into battle*

*Cloud*Hero! We're here, we're guna make short work of them, if we work together... Good luck

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Hero and his knights all march in a straight V, hero in front, 2 on each side. Slashing left and right they never stop walking, marching in unision, their weapons flashing and glaring in the sun. Stopping aprubtly, they did not move. behind them all the golems that they had slashed fell to pieces, literally. But just as they died, more came in their place.

Hero: Legionairs... we need to get the four kings here. Goroth and Harth go find them. Gaiea and Jackle stay with me. We must hold the line until the others arive...

Hero Jackle and Gaiea all stayed put as the other 2 legionairs jumped into a portal... seeking the air of the Angelic Splice. Hero knew the consequences but he must use it to save his friends...

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: Uh? Tacitus won't be too pleased with this... He's planning something big, but I can't say what exactly. Let's just say we need to...lose for a while. These golems are phenomally strong. I am ignoring from Hero's appearance, on. Please repost or edit with something that makes more sense according to Tacitus'...future plot. Thank you.
FYI: Ryu uses psyonics. It's a little stronger than regular psychic emitions.
BOT:
[color=royal blue]
Ryu: *psyonicly to Cloud* Don't get too close. I can see you and those golems.
Cloud: How?!
Ryu: *psyonicly* I have great eyesight.
May: I'm...almost ready... How goes the battle?
Ryu: They Seiger and Elite FG are wearing eachother out. I...smell an army behind them.
May: How large? Composed of what?
Ryu: I'd say a decent mix of human and undead on...well, you can guess. As for the other side, they are mainly humans, but I smell some others.
Cloud: *teleporting back* They're really duking it out.
May: Yes. Let Ryu concentrate on the battlefield.[/color]

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lina: The undead shall fall below my sword......indeed, I do sense an army following them...but it does not seem that the Sieger and the golem are tiring...their lifeforce seems untouched. IT's like they're faking the fight...they seem to know that we are here.

OOC: My other character will join when we reach base.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
ooc: well, you guys are going crazy again, *static* we need 10 cc's of WTF *static* and i just can't have that, so we're ignoring like 2 or three posts in there and setting it off again guided by my brilliance

BOT:
*The ground rumbles again, stronger this time, but not with the coming of large footsteps, but of many soldiers, the Barbarians, a few Adamantine Golems, Battlemages, Paladins, Monks, and leading the charge is a small group of Battlemasters from the Kortuganorian Empire and all sorts of skeletons, Mummies, spectres, Priests, necromancers, and leading them, a small group of full-ledged Liches.*

May: Heed my warnings! Stay away from the armies, they are yet too strong to take head on, let them battle within themselves. Even with the aid of Hero and his legionares it would be a tough fight. Many weak can topple even the greatest.

*two barbarians run up from behind her, but fall to the ground as the Scythe takes them down, now all her wepons are attacking anyone who comes near, fending them off slightly, all of their own accord except her longsword*

May: Failing in this mission comes only from all of our deaths, fear not death in this place, there is an erie power about this place, but lets ignore this for the time being, now, on to the battle, remember my warnings, concentrate on the main golems.

*She spreads her wings slowly and rises into the air and flies full speed at the golems, her weapons following her*

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Hero pulls his swords and a bright chanting is heard from deep inside. A beam of glorious light shoots straight at the battlemages, but their all put their hands out, and its simply knocked away.

"These arent ordinary mages... it will take a combined effort."

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*As may gets close to the golems, they both knock her away together and both the armies direct their wrath on her squad. No matter how much they evade them, both the armies are not aiming to attack the other, just May and her Squad*

May: Change of Plans! Hero, Ryu, You're with me! The rest of you! Fend off the armies, try and get out of the center of fighting and keep a way of escape open for yourselves!

*She flies in rings around the Golems, who reach and swat at her whle her weapons strike them, doing little damage*

May: Hurry!

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lina: As you wish.

Lina kneels down on eone knee, and mutters something. The enemy tries to slash her, but are forced back by some enchantment.

Lina: By the light......I have enchanted your weapons with the force of the light....it shall make your weapons lighter, allowing you to attack faster.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*May floats above the battlefield, watching the destruction and the wrath directed upon her allies. Many of the battle mages attempt to hit her with various spells, and the two large golems jump around trying to strike her, but all to no avail.*

May: I call upon the forces of old! Deliver unto me the forces fo my Lord!

*a huge Mace materialized before May and swings through a large group of Barbarians, either crushing and destroying them utterly, or sending them flying into their allies.*

May: With the wrath of my Lord, you shall fall benath the Tempest!

*Coulds gather about her as she dissappears behind them, several small tornadoes touch down in several locations about the battlefield as a deluge begins.*

May: *speaks but cannot be heard, then her voice booms like thunder as lightning strikes the ground* ...and with their hearts in order....

*the rain turns a pale green as it burns through even the toughest of armors, yet the two main golems and the Adamantine golems remain unaffected*

May: ...they sent them into chains...

*all at once the gathering storm stops, the armies look around, wondering what had happened, while the rest of her Squad regroup. Suddenly lightning falls from the sky striking the Adamantine golems as they fall to the ground, the acid rain begins again with a greater intensity and giant balls of flame and hailstones rail from the sky. Where only the Adamantine golems have been destroyed, the entire army is weakened from the coupling of Storm of Vengeance, Call Lightning, Whirlwind, Firestorm, and Divine Strike (the weapon). The large mace continues cutting through the ranks of both armies, causing major damage, but not killing anyone else.*

May: ...and peace reigned supreme....

*May falls from the sky and lands at the two goelms' feet with a thud, the impact is so severe that it rips one of her wings from her body and creates a giant crater in the ground. She tries to get up several times, but is too weak from the spellcasting and the fall. The Sieger notices her laying on the ground before him and picks her up, for the time being he does nothing with her, just grasps her in his left hand.*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: This is not good...
Hero: You were saying, Ryu?
Ryu: I get you.

Ryu stops suddenly, concentrating on the energies around him. This is most interesting. May! Forgive me for this, but I must to save us all. Ryu looks behind him at Aphra and Tsukin`asu as they prepare to recieve any casualties from the Squad. Good. They listened. This will make this battle easier. Ryu then begins to gather energy, and Hero and the Legionaires surround him in a defensive stance, fending off all who approach. The Seiger and Elite FG look at the gathering energy storm Ryu is creating, as dust and pure energy surround him.

Tsukin`asu: I've never seen him do that...!
Aprha: He is...going directly to dragonoid. It must be desparate...
May: N...no... Ryu...it's too...dan...gerous...

Ryu emerges from the dust cloud looking different. He now visibally has wings and a horn upon his forehead. He also doesn't appear to be wearing his armor or have his shield and sword. His hands and feet are now claw-shaped. He looks directly at May and a portal opens around her, sending her behind the lines back to Aphra and Tsukin`asu.

May: It...is...dangerous...
Aphra: He knows. He is much stronger in that form, however...
May: He is too strong... His wingspan is much larger than it would normally be.
Aphra: Yes. He'll be much faster, more agile, and have strength unserpassed, but he will be drained further...
May: I...have to get back out there...[/color]

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Reyan: Golems!!

*Running up being shot in the chest with an arrow...*

Reyan: Arghh!!

*Reyan bleeding badly starts to fight the golems but is easily overpowered and thrown 50 feet in the air and lands with a thud...*

Reyan: Uhhh

*Reyan ceased breathing and he closed his eyes for the very last time... never to open them again...*

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Seeing the destruction being wrought among her squad, May turns from the battle, unable to watch. Ryu rushes the Golems and engages in battle with them.*

May: ...I...cannot...watch...

*She sits turned away from the battle, a single tear runs down her cheek. The golems striking Ryu only a few times, but causing major damage when they do. Battlemages and other spellcasters across the field try to hit him with spells, but to no avail. The rest of the squad fights off the horde while May sits quietly staring off into the distance. A second tear runs down her face.*

May: ...and then the peace ended...

*A third tear runs down her face and hits the ground, a faint blue light surround the area for a moment, but then passes away*

May: ...for they had come again...

*she starts crying uncontrolably. As her tears strike the ground, a blue glow fills the area and a redish pink hue fills the air*

May: ...for many years destruction gripped the planes...

*a bright white light flows from her back as the light creates a tangible field of force, and then condenses down and form a wing of pure white light. Meanwhile the battle against the horde is go badly for both sides, and Ryu is fending off many of the attacks against him, but he is still taking heavy damage. Naran`or rushes the golems seeing that Reyan had been killed by them and manages to do slight damage to the EFG, but The Sieger steps on him, crushing one of his arms, not noticing TS was coming up upon him in his haste*

May: ...but then their savior came forth...

*a bright whiteish blue light fills the battlefield as all grows silent and time slows to a stop. Through the light a redish pink light cuts its way through from over the horizon and strikes the ground next to May, it forms a faint staff of pure red light and then shrinks down to a small red cross in her hands, cold and lifeless at first.*

May: ...and they were saved...

*A last tear runs down her face and lands on the small cross shaped gem, it has a small design carved into it, but she reveals it not. The small gem shines witha red light as May rises into the air gripping her sword in one hand, and the gem in the other*

May: ...for the light had returned...

*she throws her head back and light issues forth from her eyes, mouth, and fingertips. Any who are touched byt he light feel a strange sensation, warm at first, but for those who are not of May's Squad it quickly turns to a sensation of an intense wildfire burning them from within. When she lands again she is slighly large than normal, her sword is nearly 3 times its normal size, her wings have grown to a size that would easily encompace the golems and are now winding through the battlefield, seeming to be made of pure white light. She rushes at the golems, slashing as she goes, upon contact with the sword undead explode, if they had not already ran in fear. When she gets up close to the golems she rises into the air very fast and slices The Sieger right down the center, despite its immunity to slashing weapons. May then seems to phase in and out of existance as she runs back to where she had been sitting, and just before she gets there she falls to the ground and all light is extinguished across the entire battlefield for a moment, when the light of day slowly returns, May sits on the ground in a position as if she was praying, but shes completely unconscious. A single tear sits upon her cheek ad burns itself into her face, never to be removed*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: We're in real trouble now... But that's actually a good thin ;)
BOT:

[color=royal blue]Ryu: *seeing May in that position* It's about time.

The battle field is a mess with bodies everywhere, including Reyan's. Ryu feels a rage build up in him. With the scene with May and Reyan's dead corpse, Ryu remembers all death that has come before and feels an unusual power. Several attacks, come at him, but all fail as portals automatically (not under Ryu's volition) open and reaim them (basically all enemies are attacked by previously thrown attacks).

Ryu: *as his wings elongate to a size unmatched* I feel a new power...

Ryu looks at his chest as his gem begins to glow. Aphra's necklace then lifts in the air, the gem affixed glowing brightly. A slight glow comes from May, herself. Finally, Naran`or gets up from the ground, feeling stronger... and knowing his gem glows. Ryu's wings then take on the same distictive glow as the undead begin to glow and pop from holy light emitted by the Gem of Light.

Ryu: *to himself* I thought so...
Aphra: It's time!
Tsukin`asu: What's going on?!
Aphra: The Lighthawk Wings are about to appear.
Tsukin`asu: Oh!
Ryu: Who do you think will win now, Elite Flesh Golem?

The EFG just growls as it tries to attack again. This time Ryu shields with his wings and feels only a cringe of pain. Ryu holds both arms out and three fan-blade shapped...well...blades appear. One covers his body, creating an armor. The other two create a sword and shield and take thier places. Ryu looks down at the battle field. Ryu then looks directly at his sword concentrating more power onto it. Four lightning-bolt shaped images appear on the hilt.

Ryu: You will die now.

Ryu takes the empowerd Lighthawk Wing Blade of Five Souls (what the Lighthawk Wing Blade is called with Five LhW blades on it) and slices it straight down the center of the EFG. Knowing what it will do next, he slices several more time to reduce it's power using Vorporeal Slash. The EFG cannot survive this onslought of so many holy energies and eventually just exploads into blue flames, dieing. The lightning bolts on LhWBoFS then shoot out onto the battlefield, toward allies. Cloud, Naran`or, Lina, and Aphra are all struck. They all then hear a voice...

Disembodied Voice: Choose what you want! This blade will empower you to new heights and enhance your abilities. Whatever weapon you choose...you will gain mastery of that weapon.
Aphra: I choose only to enhance my Clerical abilities to heal all on the field.

Her blade forms into a simple orb. It floats in the center of the battlefield, allowing her to cast healing spells and other clerical spells from such a great distance. Ryu's looks at all, preparing to aid in shaping the blades. Choose wisely. You can create almost anything.

Hero: It's about time. This will get interesting.
Ryu: Not disappointed?
Hero: No. You remembered that those don't like to...work with Splice.
Ryu: The tide has turned. Unfortunately...
Hero: It took the death of an ally and the near death of another.
Ryu: I'll be weak after this.
Hero: It matters not.
Cloud: Uh? How do you use this?!
Ryu: Call out what you want. It can become almost anything, though I suggest a weapon.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*seeing the destruction of their golems, much of what was left of the two armies run from the fight. Soon afterwards a small group of militiamen from tartio reach the outskirts ready for war. The main part of May's squad is rushed away from the battle and to the small medical tent set up near the town hall of Tartio. Try as they might they cannot move May from the position she is in, and with a bit work eventually get her back to the med tent, an hour later a soldier brings her wing to the tent, but they are unable to reatatch it without Aphra's Clerical abilities. When she leaves the battlefield and comes to the med-tent and casts Regeneration on May as they hold the wing to where it once was, slowly the tendons and muscles rejoin and the wing regains a healthy look about it. In time May will heal from her wounds, but the psychological stress will erase her memory of the battle, and everything contained within.*

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
Yeah Please do something to have me out of this rpg such as severe injury, etc... Anything but death Thank You

Tidus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
*Cloud* Whoa, what happened? Where am I? Ughh...

*Sees May and Ryu*

*Cloud*Are you...ughh.. Are you guys okay?

*Ryu*May's lost her memory, and I am weak from the transformation and everything...but I'll be okay eventualy...

*Cloud*What...Happened? Why the heck do I fell like I was hit by a hammer?

*Ryu*The battle cause... major casualties....Reyan is dead....and everyone else is serverly hurt....

*Cloud*Reayan died?! How? Damn, I wish I could have helped him.. instead of being used as a soccer ball....those barbarians hurt if you don't hit 'em fast...

*Ryu*True...You better rest, you were hurt just as badly as the rest of us....

*Cloud*Okay, I do feel... tired...G'night...

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*exactly 24 hours after the lights went out in the battlefield, May wakes with a start, most of her wounds healed and her wing completely healed. The tear still sits burned upon her cheek.*

May: What happened? The last thing I remember was leaving Kivicks. What is this cross? And why do I have this burn on my cheek?

*May tries to get out of bed, but pangs of pain run through her body as she does. SHe decides laying down is good. She looks around the Med tent and sees all her allies injured, most of all is Krislimith who seems to be missing a limb at the moment and is covered in burns*

Aphra: He took the brunt of an assault from a group of battlemages. Saved our lives he did.

May: We'll have to leave him behind so that he has sufficient time to recover. Back to my questions: What happened?

Aphra: I don't think I'm the one who should tell you.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]May: *noticing Ryu slouching against the arch-way* Ryu? I...recall something...
Ryu: I had to go all the way. I used a weapon like none you've ever seen, and I doubt I could describe them.
Aphra: But they do have a name. They are the Lighthawk Wings.
May: I...believe I've heard legends.
Ryu: Yes. That's all that exist of them, outside my brother and I.
Aphra: I'll let you two talk. Tsukin`asu is just outside listening, anyway. I'll wait with her.
Ryu: Tell her not to be so jealous. She came this time.
Aphra: *turning the corner* That's not always enough.
May: What happened?
Ryu: That cross came to you. I...might not be able to tell you exactly yet.
May: Why not.
Ryu: It's hard. It will be on both of us.
May: What...what do you mean?
Ryu: It involves... I lost my emotions some time ago. I regained them...at a certain incident.
May: You have to tell me! What happened?!
Ryu: We slayed the golems. Everyone took some major hits... Reyan is dead... They took more casualties...
May: Death is not the best of news, even on the enemies' side.

Ryu sits there as he thinks about what to say next. Tsukin`asu and Aphra look depressed as they sit with eachother. Tsukin`asu feels sorry for May, but her love causes more concern for Ryu.

Tsukin`asu: Why does he...why does he hold things as if...
Aphra: The world were weighted on his shoulders?
Tsukin`asu: Yes...
Aphra: It is. A battle rages...
Tsukin`asu: And... I know it...[/color]

Status
Not open for further replies.