For Whom the Art Burns

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: *to himself* Hmm? I wonder if she'll lose control?

Ryu twirls his own sword before charging the one remaining FG, already injured from previous attacks and the loss of the Demi-Liche. He makes a quick turn as the GF takes a swing at him. He is now running with his left side (shield side) ready to attack the FG, and Ryu slashes deeply into the side of the golem with his sheild's razor-edge.

Ryu: This should be good...
May: *noticing the golem actually grip it's side* Now! You may have your final rest!

She charges the golem, realized that Ryu managed to put some holy water and a few various poisons on his shield's razor-edge. They are causing the FG true pain, and it becomes unprepared for attacks. As May comes from the front, slamming both weapons into it's gut, Ryu dismembers the FG's left arm from behind.

Cloud: Well now... They are powerful!
Lina: Look out behind you!
Cloud: *dodging and landing on the ground, Lina strikes the Bodak* Thanks...
Lina: Your thanks will be your survival.
Ryu: Yeah! Don't want to lose any good members.
Cloud: You could...hear us?!
Ryu: I have good ears...[/color]

OOC: I did that for perspective purpose at how far apart we are, and general tone of voice being used. We're a pretty good distance apart. Thank you and the end of my Out Of Character!

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Seeing that the FG won't be too much of a challenge anymore, May rushes at a group of Bodaks and with her Scythe, cuts them down to size*

May: 6 down, 40 to go

*she drops the scythe as the Axe appears in her hands. Hse holds in in the air as it glows with a deep blue light. Several beams of blue light fire out and strike all but the farthest Bodak, each one that was hit lows down to about 1/4 speed, only 5 at their full speed.*

May: We can make short work of these.

*The group quickly takes out the remaining Bodak quickly and turns to the FG, it is still moving, but it is severely wounded after a short session with Ryu. The entire group rushes it together and attacks in one swift motion, the FG falls to the ground twisting in pain, it slowly stops moving. As the bodily fluids from the two slowly mix, a strange image becomes apparent on the ground. May quickly recognizes it as a Symbol of Exploding Doom, she rushes at it, trying to de activate the rune, but it goes off just as she gets to it. A blinding white light fills the area. Several days later May wakes up in the medical wing of the town hall, which is basically a small closet. Most of the blast was contained within Mays wings, but the rest of the group sustained light wounds which they recovered from quickly. May was not so fortunate seeing as she won't be flying for at least a week*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu is in the room when she awakens, and she finally notices him. He walks over and begins to carefully inspect her wings. She cringes at times, but is surprised with how lightly he inspects them.

Ryu: Sorry May... I can't help yor wings heal.
May: Oh?! No big deal. I suppose that wasn't to smart...
Ryu: No. You saved much of the town from that explosion. I tried to absorb what...you couldn't.
May: What?!
Ryu: It's no big deal.

Ryu turns to leave, and May notices the scars on his right arm. Before he heads outside, Ryu stops to pull his shir sleeve back down and reattach some armor. He picks up his sword and shield and...

Ryu: May... You'll find all the answers you seek. Just don't die.
May: *as he leaves sight* What?!
Lina: *as she sees Ryu* How's she doing?
Ryu: *looking at her* Well. You needn't fear your past. *psyonicly to her* I know what it feels like.
Lina: You...know?!
Ryu: Don't worry. I didn't try to pry. It was your...strong reaction on the battlefield.
Lina: I...see...
Ryu: Cloud thanks you truely, and May does not blame you. It was the Demi-Liche's plan to cast that rune.
Cloud: *running up* I got it!
Ryu: *taking the potion* This should soothe the burn wounds. I'll give it to the nurse in a bit.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*After May sleeps for a while, She wakes up and weakly walks outside to the Supplies, Ryu stands waiting for her.*

Ryu: And where exactly do you think you are going?
May: We must finish our mission, thats our top pri..*she cringes in pain*...ority. Kivicks needs these "supplies," whether they will be used for the light, or for less enlightened things, we cannot cocern ourselves with it. Now lets go!

*She falls backwards onto her wings and cries out in pain and then slowly gets back up*

May: NO!, pain is for the weak, I must Endure. *starts crying* I must always Endure.

*She tries to climp up on top of the wagon of supplies but falls to the ground, yet again on her wings, this time its just too much for her as she just lays still, sobbing.*

May: Why *sob* must *sob* I *sob* Endure...*sniffle*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: *sighs* Enduring such a pain is not something you should try.
May: I...can't...
Ryu: Listen!
May: *looks startled, but stops crying, only a few wimpers; confused* I...
Ryu: There are things to live for, there are things to be endured, and there are things that should be brought out.
May: There's...
Ryu: Something I know that I'm hiding?
May: Y-yes...
Ryu: I have my reasons.
May: *as Ryu reaches down to help her up* Wait!
Ryu: Yes?
May: *taking his aid* Will you finish the mission?
Ryu: Once your ready. I'd portal us all over, but you're too weak and even I'm still recovering.
May: What about the others?
Ryu: They're just as concerned. I'd say letting Hero rest up would be a good idea.

Ryu helps May back to the hospital. The nurse comes in with the salve she was to prepare. She looks surprised at May, as she left the room.

Ryu: Don't let her leave again.
May: Ryu!
Ryu: I'm going to test something.

Ryu disappears from sight. May sighs as the nurse gasps and falls to her knees. Ryu sees before him a familiar sight... the Forbidden Realm and the Temple of Lost Souls.

Ryu: Yes... It's time.
Aphra: *as Ryu appears in High-Deephaven* Hi, bother!
Ryu: Sorry I didn't visit last time. I was helping a friend.
Female Voice: So you decided to visit?
Ryu: *looking startled at her* Tsukin`asu?!
Tsukin`asu: Yes.

Though dignified, she wants to just run over to Ryu She's had a crush on him since he was 15. She's almost a century old, and is an expert ranger.

Tsukin`asu: So! Going to let me help you this time?
Ryu: I'm looking for some...other expertise.
Aphra: Like what?
Ryu: An ally of mine has been injured. She tried to mar a rune to save the group.
Tsukin`asu: She?!
Ryu: An Angel. She's the leader of our group.
Tsukin`asu: You are going to bring me along!
Ryu: *psyonically to May* Looks like I'm in trouble in my home village...
May: Oh?
Ryu: *psyonically* Yeah. I wanted to get my sister to take a look at your wounds... But someone else wants to come.
May: You might as well bring her.
Ryu: Let's go.

Ryu opens a portal, and they all reappear in May's room. Tsukin`asu looks at May, hating that a woman took Ryu away from High-Deephaven. May looks at her and smiles.

May: I guess your sister can help?
Aphra: *looking at the wounds* Martha might allow me to do something, but I doubt I can do much.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*May rests up for a few days, then Ryu portals the remaining supplies and the group to Kivicks where they unload the last bit of "supplies." May slowly walks to the main building of the intelligence sector of the militia base. Later she emerges with a small letter she reads it aloud*

May (she reads aloud):
To: May and the 42nd Squad of The Crusaders of the Open Palm
Re: The Gauntlets are down

Our opperatives have discovered that the two main heads of each army are going to be making an offensive, the Elite Flesh Golem of the Rurikans, and "The Sieger" of the Kortuganor Empire. Now your mission is to intersect these two single entities and destroy them, if you wish you may let them meet and battle each other. But be warned, should you interfere, they will both go after you, you either raided their supplies, or foiled their raid, depending on the view point. They will not be happy to see you. They will be converging upon each other near Tartio at the heart of the battlefield and in the ruins of the city. We have left a small wagon and horses at your disposal, the only one to look at the contents of the wagon is the Commander May.

Signed,
First Consul Gregory

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
OOC: Ok peeps, I'm using Vesquire in this baby... yeah... I was recruited by Tactius over here

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
May: It seems that way. If we are to defeat them we must either fight them before they reach Tartio where they are to begin their duel, or wait it out and let them beat the crap out of each other for a while. Each plan presents certain dangers. With confronting them one at a time we face them both at full strength, just at different times, unless the second arrives durring our battle if it takes too long, then we're just screwed. If we let them fight it out we would have to fight both of them together, just at a reduced strength. Also they could call for reinforcements or have some waiting near-by, which would cause further complications. If they do in fact have reinforcements, and the do call them in, ignore them at all costs, our main goal is to take down The Sieger and the Eilte Flesh Golem, not to screw around with half an army for a couple weeks. If you get attacked by outsider forces, just ignore them and complete the mission! We move out in 2 hours. Unless the new guy from Headquarters takes too long to arrive. [hint hint!]

*May turns and looks over the sprawling battlefield that lies before them like an endless ocean, small explosions can be seen in the distance.*

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
*Vesquire walks up behind them holding a small bag*
Vesquire: Well hello, I suppose I was expected. Anyways
*Turns toward May*
Vesquire: this is for you

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
May: Thank you, I guess we can go at any time. Just tell me when you're all ready. Also, i'm leaving the descision of how to take them down to all of you.

*She begins putting things in the bag, starting with all her weapons except her longsword and various supplies and scrolls. *

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: Vesquire. I haven't seen you in a while.
May: *looking in the bag* Thank-you.
Vesquire: Well met Ryu. Ah! I see Aphra is with you, again.
Aphra: Yes. I've been helping with May's recovery.
May: *looking at the worst damage of her wings* Yes. Thanks to Aphra, I've been coming along nicely.
Tsukin`asu: Aren't you going to introduce me?!
Ryu: Yes. Vesquire, this is Tsukin`asu. She is also from High-Deephaven.
Tsukin`asu: I wan't going to let Ryu leave without me this time!
Ryu: Her ranger skills will come in handy.
May: Yes. They should.
Ryu: I have a suggestion for the golems. We should let them duke it out until they are damaged enough to want to retreat.
May: Interesting. But we'd need to get close to see them fighting.
Ryu: Now, you know better than that. I will be able to see them from a decent distance. And hear them from even further off. You and I can get in there fast, and hold them off until the others can catch up.
May: Hmm?
Tsukin`asu: They'll both be almost dead...[/color]

Tidus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
OOC: Ok, the battle's over, and I've held back long enough. (the holding back was advice from Bam, so you guys could have fun)

*Sees May*

*Cloud*Hi May, are you OK?

*May*I'm alright

*Cloud*Glad to hear it.
I know how you feel. I've been blown up by those things before too.
*Shows May a few scars on his arms and back*Thats not all either. I'm glad you are what you are, or that would have been a lot worse. thanks to youi and Ryu, I didn't have to go through as much as the last time I was anywhere near one of those as it exploded.

*May*Are you serious? You were really hit by one of those and lived? Wow... I underestimated you...

*Cloud*Most of you have. I have a very dark past that I hate to speak of, just like most of you. I do have some good things, but it is mostly bad. One good thing I remember is that before I was born, my parents went off to war, and since my family has always been tight with Dragonkind, the Dragons blessed them with a cup of their blodd, and it gave them great strength, and it helped them survive many things, and because of this, I was born with some little bits of dragon blood, which gives me a lot of strength in times of need, and it also granted me my telegenetic and telepathic powers, alonmg with some of my magic and abilities.
(I.E. Invinsibility, etc)

*May*That explains a lot.

*Cloud*Of course it does

OOC:All of this is really part of my history. Just check Cloud's character sheet Here

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Group [everybody]: We're ready, lets go.

May: Now, are we all sure that we agree on our plan?

Lina: Um...nevermind, lets go.

May: Very Well, Ryu, if you would kindly do the honors.

*Ryu opens a portal to just beyond the city limits of Tartio, on the far side away from the ruins. May prepared several things from her bag. After about an hour, the ground rumbles with the coming of something, or things big. It can be plainly seen in the distance that they are much larger than any golem that the Squad has yet encountered. The two golems have arrived...*

May: Well, seems like we'll have a fight on our hands soon enough.

Tidus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
*Cloud*Those are the Golems? Whoa, the last time I saw anything that big was whem I was visiting the....Never mind. I hope we can take them without any casualties, unlike the last fight*Looks at May and Ryu*Well, good luck everyone, I will portal a small ways ahead to scout and spy on them, you never know what might happen, we should be prepeared. I'll report back soon, Ryu, just send me a telepathic message when you guys think I should come back...

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*as Cloud disspaears May readies her weapons and enchants them with a temporary acidic energy spell. She prepares a few spells and begins praying, not only to ask for guidance, but to activate the Holy Countenace, which will not affect The Sieger, but will aid them against the EFG*

May: I am almost ready...

*her weapons begin spinning in the air slowly*

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lina readies her weapon. She mutters something to it, and it glows with a great brightness.

Lina: The light shall shine on all of you. I hope you all survive this....

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
As another rift in the air appears, a man clad in bright white armor steps out, four other men dressed in the same armor behind him...

Walking forward, the man in white says to may... "I have returned from my quest... and lend the aid of me and my knights."

Hero pulls a now brilliantly white splice out from under a sheath, his long hair now a bright white, his beard stubble gone

Him and his knights charge forward and easily disable the (golems i beleave) before stopping at may. All of them carry swords much like Splice...
(ooc: wow go to camp for a week and miss 5 pages...)

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
*running up with (insert Wing's characters name here)*

Reyan: Damnit! I'm missing more golems!!

*Jumps up and slashes the golems face leaving marks there*

Status
Not open for further replies.