"For What Its Worth"

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
"For what its worth, I hope you feel better."
"For what its worth, you did the right thing."

You know that expression. You've heard it used countless times, but what the hell does it mean!? Its it a way of saying "Here is my opinion/advise, take or leave it"? What does it mean for you? What do you think it means? Or is it just another human expression that has no meaning?

I'm not really sure what the hell it means, or what it means to me. That's why I'm starting this. :p

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I don't hear it often, or at all. From what i can tell it is a statement of reasurance, stating simply that while u may be in a bad place, whoever says it cares. "For what it's worth" meaning what follows is from the "heart" of the speaker hoping to gain some understanding of the situation, and the following line is to cheer up someone, and tell them they should feel better and they did the right thing, Even tho the words spoken mean little compared to something bad that may have occured earlier.

ArtOfProtoss

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"For what it's worth, you did the right thing" simply means that even though the consequences of your action might not be favorable you opted for the correct course of action.

"For what it's worthy, I hope you feel better" isn't really related. It basically means I'm there for you despite what you happened.