For Starcrft People

flashstrike

Reaction score
Ok all there really is is a broodwar forum spot disapointing to me cause i cant get broodwar and i only have starcraft can someone help cause there are alot of sc users that dont have broodwar?just my opinion.

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
He has a point, that section seems to be only aimed for SCBW, I think this issue needs to be addressed and fixed.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
How is it not directed at Vanilla StarCraft too?

Anything Broodwar needs Vanilla too, really.

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
This really wasn't a place to put a true concern, and sincerely as it seemed.

But yes, as Tronga said, BW needs vSC, I don't know what you really had in mind.
IF you could tell us exactly what you mean, please go in depth, and pray tell!

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
Understandable that SCBW need regular SC so the section could contain both, but maybe a new lable should be placed as "Starcraft & Broodwars Discussion" or something of the sorts, not just it's present title of:

"StarCraft Brood War Discussion"
"Discussion relating to still one of the best RTS games out there, SCBW!"

flashstrike

Reaction score
ok wat also there are mostly bw discussion cause alot of people have bw so there are also mostly bw hacks now theres a new update where to put starcraft things mainly just like put 2 new subforums 1. Starcraft Forum 2. Broodwar Forum? and all the news usually related to SCBW and gets mixed up so kinda make 2 differrent sub forums

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I'd first like to request for someone to move this out of The Asylum.

And now, for both your issues.

If it is a different title you think we need, then that's bloody easy to do, and won't really cost a thing. I'm sure an admin will read this and proceed to it.

As for the issue about the forums, if you have anything you want to ask for vanilla StarCraft, just ask it. Open a thread like you did here, and ask it.

We can't guarantee you'll be well answered, though, because as you so well said, most people do play BW.

Yes, there could be more Vanilla things, but if you're talking about hacks, I thought they all worked for both BW and Vanilla. Of course, I'm no expert in it.

In any case, even though it's not my place anymore, somethings just don't leave, and, yeah, thanks for your suggestion mate :)

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Vanilla is a term for the non-expansion.

New patch out so there will be no new hacks yet and I am going to assume they beefed up their anti hack seeing how the last patch was a joke.

flashstrike

Reaction score
the latest patch brought new system its the league system wat i reas on battle.net its like u gotta e-mail them to make it and they have to confirm u and then they send the application tools to do it with or something like that

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Vanilla is a term for the non-expansion.

New patch out so there will be no new hacks yet and I am going to assume they beefed up their anti hack seeing how the last patch was a joke.
I guess the new patch crashes a lot at the end of the game...or so some people have said?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It originally called Starcraft & broodwar discussion. some goof ball probably changed the name.

All hail skuzzy in his glorious wisdom

Taligaro

Furyan Merc
Reaction score
As for the name of the section, it doesn't really matter what it is called. Everyone, well almost everyone, knows to play BW you need the original SC. There have been a lot of posts asking things about SC since the poster didn't have BW. Also, since I know SC and BW inside and out, if you have a question regarding SC, just make a new post and I'll answer it.

But as most have said already, almost everyone who plays SC uses BW to play these days, since BW adds some bitching units like the Zerg Lurker and the Terran Medic. So I would suggest you simply hunt down a copy of BW, most gaming stores have the SC Battlechest that contains SC, BW, two strategy books, and two Tech Tree papers, all for $10-$30 depending on where you buy it. At some places you can even find BW all on its own for $4.99+tax.

As for hacks, in my opinion, anyone who uses them are jackasses and should be stabbed with a spoon a thousand times, but thats just me. But, most hacks that are made work for both SC and BW so it really doesn't matter what game you use.

There is one thing you should know... Roughly 80-90% of all custom maps created now are in .SCX format, meaning you need BW to play it because it uses a BW unit or trigger.

To sum it up, go get BroodWar, you won't regret it.