Flying drones ??? (glitch in SC... causing a patch 1.10 to be released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Has anyone tried this? I did it earlier on and I must say, it's very cool. It's a glitch in starcraft and apparently, blizzard is gonna release a 1.10 to fix it. Here is how it works.

Get 2 drones. Put one of the drones right next to a geyser (an empty one without an extractor). Put the other drone about 10 seconds away from the geyser. Highlight the drone that is FAR away from it and tell them to build an extractor, then waypoint him to another part of the map (shift + right click). What this tells him to do is build the extractor, then go to the other part of the map after he is done. Now, just as the drone gets ready to build the extractor, use the first drone (the one that was originally close to the geyser) to build an extractor just 1-2 seconds beforet he far drone would... the goal is to get both drones on the geyser, but have the close one build an exctrator. If you do this successfully, the far away drone will begin floating and he will move to the part of the map you selected (you wont beable to control him until he reaches his destination).

This might sound hard, but it's very easy to do once you get the hang of it. The point of doing this? Well, on maps with islands, you can have a drone float to a place right away where he normally wouldnt beable to get without overlords transport.

Let me know if anyone tries this and it works for you ;)

SkuZZy

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
i will. have u ever had cloaked zerglings,hydras, lurkers, drones, and infested terrans? i have. think about it, cloaked infested terrans. they never even know what hit em. im pretty sure the patch will alow this glitch to work. ill tell only those who want to know

Gallifreyan

Reaction score
Yea, I did it. Pretty sweet, huh? Now then, pan_the_man, how do I go about cloaking those zerg units that you talked about? That's something I gotta know...
BTW, can someone please tell me how to change the "total newbie" on my profile???

sexynatzi

Member!
Reaction score
gallifrey, at the top do you see USER CP ? click it and search around there, i think it's under profile or something
floating drones is difficult ive seen it done.. realy nice i guess.. i want to learn about cloaking zerg units too..

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ja i tried real hard but i dont get the point so i dont play it unless thers nothing good in meele and ums
and people with big scores naturly play 6vs2

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Also one of the most basic glictchs is a tank underneath a cc or a barracks. know how pm if u want to know.

sexynatzi

Member!
Reaction score
have you seen a glitch with the drones, they get stuck on top of the main hatchery? in the fastestpossible map. that pisses me off, and when the scvs get stuck by the gas thing. grrr!

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by pan_the_man
Also one of the most basic glictchs is a tank underneath a cc or a barracks. know how pm if u want to know.
Lift off the CC, then land it and siege the tank just before it lands?

Payment

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Haven't you guys ever heard of the UMS game called CloakFloatWarpWalk.

The cloaking a zergling is pretty much luck. All you do is take an arbiter and tell in to go away from the zergling. Right as the arbiter's cloaking range gets off of the zergling burrow. You have to do it right before the cloaking goes off. After the arbiter is away from the zergling, tell him to unburrow. He should be cloaked. This takes a lot of luck though.

Floating a drone is also very simple just using (shift+right click) you should be able to do that very easy. I do it at the beginning of games. Tell a zerg to build a vespene geyser and then use shift+right click then right before it goes to vespene geyeser, build another drone. He gets to the geyser then doesn't have enough minerals so he floats away. But, once he gets to his destination he stops, so send him to a logical place... He does not float forever.

I don't know about the Warping the infested terran. I can't do it. If you know how please tell me!!! I can't beat the game.

And the last walk part, is just walking to the end so nothing special...

Trespasser

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Lol..

U newbies... U don't know how to do those tricks..lol
Ok ill tell you..

Float a Drone:
1. have 50 minerals
2. tell the drone to build a extractor, the press shift+right click (sets a way point)
and the drone should float happily away.

SCV walkthrough

This allows the scv to walk through walls like a line of minerals or marines ect.

really only 1 step: right click on a mineral.

Crushing a tank:

1 Lift off your command center
2. Tell your CC to land
3. as the cc is starting to land move the tank under the cc and seige.

Cloaking:

This makes any zerg unit the burrows cloaked

1. set your arbiter to patrol
2. burrow your ling
3. right before the arbiter makes the ling cloak, unburrow the ling

WARNING: Do not burrow and unburrow when your ling is cloaked..this will reset the ling and you will die.

E

eugene_k5

ugh

go play "can you do 27 tricks, and c if u can do them all, then msg me telling me ur good and know tricks

btw i can do them all

:D:D

questions, post here

:shoot

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
er u have bummped please dont do it agan

Status
Not open for further replies.