Fire sorc questions

CnKLord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi all im having some problems lvling my fire sorc. Soo if someone can help me ill appreciate it.

- First of all, in Hell mode its full of $%"/%ing immune to fire. Now u said ohhh great how im gonna do this ? In act 1 its full of fire immune. Im lvl 73 and im a meteor sorc that does 12k damage on ladder. I want to know a way to kill these immune with my fire sorc.

- What willl be the best merc with a Fire sorc. Defiance, Holy freeze or a ice mage ?

Thx

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Well...lets see..you said Fire Immunes, and trying to kill them with a firesorc. Hmm...

Secondly: Your Sig pic is WAY too big.

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Join a public game for help, or ask ur friends. Act2 Holy Freeze would b the best merc for u.

CnKLord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
First of all im asking for help here and not in public games.

Ive found an update about fire sorc... Put some skills in frozen orb will help me.

I solo alot on ladder soo im trying to find a way to help me pass through Hell mode easily. Im not here to be criticize. :lucifer

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
ah,

dont solo in hell

unless u got godly merc with u (might and give em eth doom, or holy freeze merc with botd)

edit

only char that can solo (IMO) is hammerdin with enigma.

diesoft747

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah firesorcs are not very good for soloing in hell, though they do obliterate anything thats not immune hehe. Though like he said above, a Hammeredin would be the best for solo hell. Though there are other builds that can do solo hell fine just not usualy as fast.

Good luck trying to use a merc for killing all the immunes though. For my firesorc I tried using an act 2 holy freeze merc and even after he was at lvl 85 he died way to often. He was using 08Gaze, Shaft and Bonehew (socketed with hel so he could use it).

To completely get through hell you are goint to have to have some help.

Soujiro

Member!
Reaction score
hey, um, i use a wand that gives me + skills to frozen orb and blizzard as my 2nd weapon, so i switch over and freeze them, and tele awayyyyy!... unless their are doom knights at the enterance of the world stone keep... then im dead :(

CnKLord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
An hybrid zone will be good also. Im working one it right now. And sorc my fire sorc ill wait a lil bit to get godly stuff for a merc :).

Thx to all

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
No. Hybrids suck so much- almost as much as Spirit-Reaver at flaming.

Soujiro

Member!
Reaction score
Rofl thats mean :p

and ya, hybrids stink, less synergies = less dmg = you suck

Deeker

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You also might try to get one of those wands that has charges of lower resist. If the mob is Fire Immune by having 100 FR, then using a lower resist wand will wipe off the immunity long enough to blast em to hell and back.

On stuff like super uniques it doesn't seem to work as often, but sometimes it will wipe thier immunity too.

That isn't very productive for EXPing though, because you will be repairing the wand a dozen times a game, and it is expensive.

diesoft747

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No lower resist doesnt affect immunes. Ive heard it does in sp(dont know if this is true?). Also, all of the wands with lower resist charges(lvl2) ive seen have 75 charges.

Deeker

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have seen a lower resist wand remove immunities off of Act 5 Hell monsters. My friends wife runs a fireball sorc and she uses a lower resist wand to snuff immunities to fire all the time. Like I said, it doesn't work on most super uniques and none of the bosses... but for yard trash it worked well. It has to be on monsters that have fire immunity granted to them via 100 fire resist.

:shoot :wavey :scary

CnKLord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hehe i guess i wont find this type of wand in the game neway but thx for the ideal.

Why wont my zone work.

20 lightning fury
20 charged strike
20 guided

thats all i need i got hellcrack as my crossbow and 198% titan
+9 to skill and btw lightning fury is nasty on mass monster, thats why ill do andy, eld, shank and pindle runs with. :p

try to calcul a jav piercing a mass spot of monster like in frigid...

each time a titan will pass trough a monster he will release 30 electric charge and each charge do 1,3k damage soo a boss like shank will die fast because he will get hitted by around half of my lightning released. After i finish him off with guided arrow (hellcrack).... dont under-estimate the power of an hydrid ;)

Javazone got lowered because they were to uber on patch 1.09 they still give a nasty shot.

Deeker

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually the wand is just a magic wand that you can buy from Malah in NM or Hell. Just have to fish through her trade window for a while.

CnKLord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oups my bad, i was sure it was on unique or crafting. I didn't think of that because i was thinking first about the flail that gives BO. This item is really expensive on ladder.

dmxruffryder

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is a fire and ice sorc a good combination? I plan on having these skills
20 fireball
20 meteor
20 icebolt
20 frozen orb
10+ chilling armor
5 static field
rest of points into masteries
Is this a good sorc to make or not?

CnKLord

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ill tell u my build.

20 fire bolt
20 fireball
20 meteor
20 fire mastery
1 warm
10 frozen orb
1 teleport
1 shiver armor
1 static

u should go like this.... i know its very long to get but i based my char on this. Frozen orb is for fires immunes.

dmxruffryder

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
After telling my friend about my sorc i'll just make make an ice sorc instead of a fire and ice sorc.
20 cold mastery
20 blizzard
20 ice bolt
1 frozen orb
20 glacial spike