Fire MF sorc questions

R3N3G4D3

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, I decided to make one of them Fire MF sorcs. Currently I have maxed fireball and meteor, close to maxing firebolt, and maxed fire mastery. I also put 1 pt in static, 1 in warmth, 1 in blizzard, and 1 in each of bliz prerequisites, 1 in shiver armor and the preceding armor. And my gear sucks now, because I only started a ladder char, however, even with that gear my sorc can kill stuff that's not fire-immune, even in hell. My meteor does 10k dmg now and my fireball does 5k. I was planning to have meteor as my basic skill that I use most of the time, however I find fireball a lot more effective in killing. Also, I started doing nm meph runs now and with my fireball I breeze through durance, even councils die in 1 hit, however mephy doesn't. It takes about 20 fireballs to kill meph, and this seems weird to me, since people who used fire build claim that the sorc can even own hell meph easily. So my first question is do I use meteor or fireball? And what gear would reduce enemy resistances (I think his high element resistance is the problem). Perhaps I can give my merc some weapon that reduces resistances after hitting an enemy? And, I have about 70 stat points unused now, I have 75 points in str, base in dex, 200 in vit, and 100 in mana (I know I overdid it a little with the mana, the only time I run out of it is when I get hit (Cuz of my mana shield (mana shield is granted to me by ormus robe, I didn't put points in it). So what should I do with those 70 unused points? I calculted that once I max firebolt and get +skill gear I will have around 25k dmg for meteor and 10k for fireball, but I doubt that will be enough for hell meph if 5k fireball isnt enough for nightmare one.

xXBOGANXx

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok well sorcs always can use more life so best bet is to place em all in vit. secondly u should vary between meteor and fb, wen facing meph drop a meteor on him, fb 2 or 3 times then meteor again, continue till dead. if u wanna lower mephs res find urself a paladin with conv, u'll own hell meph no worries. good luck

Deaths_Fathom

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, i'm gonna argue with you xxboganxx, he has 200 vita without extra gear on, and he has base dex. Now, i'm an expert sorc maker, that's pretty much all i make. First off, put the rest of those pts into Dex, you need SOME defense and you need to be able to have a chance to block, and only 25 dex, means you gonna have like, 10% chance, if that, which is not gonna work. Now, the firebolt think, don't, you don't max it, because you need to think defensivley aswell as offensivley. Get maxed Fire Ball, Meteor, F-Master, 5 into warmth, 10 into shiver armor, 1 into chilling armor, 1 static, 1 teleport, and all the prerequisites, and then 10 into fire bolt, and then the rest into w/e you think is right. And just a tip, using energy shield does crap for you in person-vs-monster, except drain your mana in 1-2 hits, so i advise you don't use it unless you plan on carrying nothing but Super Mana Potions. As for your attacks, use, Fire Ball, and tele, because he is constantly moving, so Meteor will do little, and less dmg, QUICKER, and teleing around will stop him from hurting you and draining mana. And if you're using ormus's, then your fb dmg will be about 8k when you're all done, that's with only the ormus on. Good luck.