Votes: 9 69.2%
  • FD without either

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Ok, heres my delema:
I want to make a fire druid, but I'm not sure how well it'll work out, seeing as to how I have shit for gear, and the bet piece of equip I have is a 40 hoto on my wind druid, and knowing that it'll take a long time for my fd to be able to do really good dmg, or maybe I'm just thinking wrong. But I would like to know, a fd with what all in the stats area(for the poor) and the skills. Most of the skills I know where to put 'em, but I'm not sure whether to use oak summon, or another summon, seeing as to how some druids dont have much life, and the fact that they need some distraction away from themselves.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm going to post this with a poll, and I look forward to see how the BF members vote.

-SoD

Edit: Please if you would post with your vote, I would appreaciate it.

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
Grizzly isnt worth the points that goes into it.
My friend has made a armageddon druid and it works out pretty good in pvm but not in pvp.

djnat

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
djnat.deviantart.com
Make a fire druid only when you can afford (if you are ladde) an "Infinity" polearm for your act II merc.

Then, it can be a valuable char. I prefer a maxed oak sage and no grizzly. Here the skill detail I would use:

MAX Armageddon
MAX Firestorm
MAX Molten Boulder
MAX Volcano
MAX Oak sage

1 in all the pre-reqs, and in Carrion vine.

The build will be completed only @ level 97, anyway.

If you don't want to use the Oak Sage, max Fissure instead. You'll get a better fire damage on your skills and duration on Armageddon, but I really think that the sage is a lot better.

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
FWI, I just need to know the basics, I dont need a full guide, just what is better...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you werewolf or werebear?

and Djnat, I tried werewolf armmagedon (sp) druid in the beginning of 1st ladder season, I didnt really like em :( he wasnt THAT strong....

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
NtRik, just a fire druid, no shapeshift, just fire...

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
With a fire druid you will notice low damage strait off the top. In order to do anything to anything you have to try to max out possible damage without forgetting about defensive strategies as well... For the skills, I did all 5 fire skills, maxing the first [firestorm] last. I left a base sage, let +skills do the trick, and use a +5 bo cta. That is it on skills. ALL damage, base sage. I stand by this 100% and I get compliments ANY time i duel. To counter the low sage I chose to not achieve max block and stick with pretty low dex and I have a vita thats way maxed.

The basics... Ravenlore is a must... Hoto...

The hardest thing for me while building my pvp fire druid was achieving High resist along with insanely high life and damage. Plan that out carefully.

oh and btw... you cant make an effective fd with shit gear

SoD-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Ty FWI for the info., but I'm not looking for a pvp fd right now, I'm looking for a pvm fd, that may be able to get to lvl 90 w/o a fuss.

I know that the gear is an issue with all chars, but I'm sure that your 100% right on the fact that a fd wont be very effective with shit gear, and I do appreaciate the attention that you laid out in the entire explaination in that little guide. Tyvm.

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
SoD-GoD said:
Ty FWI for the info., but I'm not looking for a pvp fd right now, I'm looking for a pvm fd, that may be able to get to lvl 90 w/o a fuss.

I know that the gear is an issue with all chars, but I'm sure that your 100% right on the fact that a fd wont be very effective with shit gear, and I do appreaciate the attention that you laid out in the entire explaination in that little guide. Tyvm.
pvm fd are TougH... my lvl 91 with maxed gear has problems killing in hell with lvl 44 skills with maxed syns, facets, and good -%fr [in the -%30s i think].

johnpark1223

Member!
Reaction score
use earthshifter.... i think that'll make a big diff... same with ravenlore

johnpark1223

Member!
Reaction score
shifter has tons of skill plus.. and it has 10 cast...

hoto on the other hand is one handed.. 40 cast.. i think... and resist....

use shifter for armageddon, switch to hoto... win win...

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
i would actually agree with johnpark1223 that earthshifter would be better for pvm - although pvm only. Against fast melee monsters, i would go hoto/shield - but if you can keep away - i would do shifter for skills - since your damage wont be hammer style godly.

in pvp, shifter is just a joke - but i would see benefits of earthshifter in pvm.

either way i use hoto.

and lore is just default... no need to tell him to use

johnpark1223

Member!
Reaction score
shifter just to cast the armageddon man... and the switch with your lovely hoto / shield

how much is a shifter? i always get mixed answers