Fire Druid [PvP] Guide v1.1

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
SteveDaGreat said:
you cant be telling me that when you duel against either blizz or meteor sorcs that you easily overwhelm them.
i have noticed that you can sorta aim the armegeddon somewhat but it still is so damn random.
when your facing a sorc for example, you will be strictly deffensive tryng to dodge each and every attack they throw at you.
im sorry, it just doesn't seem like an aggressinve enough character.
but w/e, if it works, use him; because it's not working for me. (^L^)
Overwhelming might not be the best term but I do kill them. I brought up a blizzard sorc because that is sometimes how you have to duel. Often times blizzard sorcs find themselves playing hit and run. The cool thing about fire druids is once you hit you can go on and mess them up more because they are stunned.

It doesnt matter what character you are... you dont want to be hit by every attack a sorc sends at you. Do you like being hit by 50,000 damage lightning? I dont. Doesnt kill me but a couple if they reach their maximum value will unless I throw on a tgods.

A character doesn't have to be aggressive to win... ever. Even THEN - a fire druid CAN be played aggressively.

When you face sorcs - you will have to dodge attacks, but that is only in the persuit of getting to them... they teleport so defensively and shoot so speratically that you find yourself being the agressor and chasing them down. Once you get there you also find yourself playing agressively in trying to land a clean volcano and then once that lands you teleport over to them and walk by and let armageddon hit. Even then, usually the volcano can kill on its own, thanks to the stun it gives.

It didn't work for me either at the beginning... it takes a LONG time to get used to dueling him. It's not like say a trapper in that you lay out the traps and simply spam MB... recast traps - repeat. It's an art you have to work at... and if you don't like to get used to it thats fine. When I first started I neglected fissure and thought that volcano and armageddon were the only descent ones... then i messed around with fissure. I also thought that cyclone armor is pointless... but it does help a little bit - even at its base level. [which i will add in this guide in the next version]