Fire Druid [PvP] Guide v1.0

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Pretty bad example, huh? Get a sorc and play this guys druid please. Then you can tell me otherwise. Only a handful of B.net's duelers have skill, let alone a brain to make strategic decisions while dueling. Most of them follow a simple guide to get leet, which is really, really funny.

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
I'd pay you to ban based on pure stupidity - but thatd be lowering yourself to levels like his.

Oh and Dianteshi, I agree with your statement about a clvl 90 druid being killed by a clvl 40 paladin... If the druid was made to sell on ebay, with no stats, no skills, and no items.

Thanks Darkmatter, for allowing stupidity to speak for itself.

-FWI

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Diatenshi said:
ive seen lvl 90 druids killed in 1 hit by lvl 40 pallys...

no skill involved..

just 1 charge

GG
Cant see how a lvl 40 paladin can takeout a lvl 90 druid.
Wind druids can just make tonado when he Charge he die.
Fire druids Cast fissure between the 2 Chars.(like FWI Said)
Melee druids have high life, dr + blocking.
Cant see how a lvl 40 paladin can kill a char lvl 90.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Shadow-Hunter said:
Cant see how a lvl 40 paladin can takeout a lvl 90 druid.
Wind druids can just make tonado when he Charge he die.
Fire druids Cast fissure between the 2 Chars.(like FWI Said)
Melee druids have high life, dr + blocking.
Cant see how a lvl 40 paladin can kill a char lvl 90.
lvl 40 charge-pally with some sort of maul, didnt ask what it was, killed a lvl 90 werewolf druid in 1- maybe 2 hits...

either way... he got owned

he never killed my necro tho :)

:heart bone wall

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
FWI said:
I'd pay you to ban based on pure stupidity - but thatd be lowering yourself to levels like his.

Oh and Dianteshi, I agree with your statement about a clvl 90 druid being killed by a clvl 40 paladin... If the druid was made to sell on ebay, with no stats, no skills, and no items.

Thanks Darkmatter, for allowing stupidity to speak for itself.

-FWI
There's no rule against people voicing their opinions, no matter how stupid they are. He could add something that would permit me to remove his posts, but so far he hasn't. So it stays.

Ohh, a Werewolf Druid. teehee. Ya, those guys don't teleport around, do they?

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
why don't you use Spirit as your shield? If a monarch is too high str req for you you can always go to lower 4os shields.. they all work for Spirit and spirit is even cheaper than almost every decent shield out there... tal thul ort amn

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
Diatenshi... Thats wonderful if in your glory days you saw something like that... but it doesnt make all druids lame.

Mist - truthfully I dont really understand your question. I think part of it is getting lower str req 4 sock shield, which in my knowledge is only a monarch - unless you go to paladin only shields. The next best [in my knowledge] would be the three socket troll nest. reask the q please.

Darkmatter - I know theres no rule against opinions - that was more sarcastic than anything.

-FWI

edit... can we make this guide more of a guide and if you have questions about the build or fire druids in general - ask... rather than bickering... and dont diss fire druids until you've been killed by mine.

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
my question is..

this is your #1 reccommended shield:
Head Hunter’s Glory

+(320-420) Defense
+(300-350) Defense vs. Missiles
Poison Resist +(30-40)%
Socketed ((1-3))
Fire Resist +(20-30)%
+(5-7) Life After Each Kill

but... why not use Spirit instead?
Spirit
Tal + Thul + Ort + Amn
+2 to all skills
25-35% faster cast rate
65% fhr
+250 def. vs. missile
+22 vit
+89-112 mana
cold/lit/psn resist+35%
3-8 magic absorb
14 thorns dmg

And I see the only drawback as, a Monarch takes 156 str to use.. and you got me, I didn't do my homework.. I didn't realize monarch + aegis + ward are the only shields non-pally that can have 4os.. so im sorry.. but, if you use an archon nigma, you can EASILY get this much str... your build probably already has this much str without needing to change a thing

Mr.Sloth

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
FWI, maybe i missed somone posting this. but in ur guide where it says
Guardian Angel Templar Coat [707-825 defense]

+1 Paladin skills
+4 Light radius
+180%-200% enhanced defense
+30% Faster Blocking
+15% Maximum resists to all
+5 attack rating against demons per clvl
+20% chance to block

The GA [most common abbreviation for the guardian angel] is mostly used for the +15% max resists - giving you a possibility of 90 resists to all. With its one skill and good + max resists, this is the next best from an enigma.

i think u mightve misread or maybe im just dumb. but isnt the +1 skill on GA only for pally? the way u say it, u make it sound like for all...

otherwise really nice guide! even tho im too poor for this guide... ):

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
im considering making this... lookin at it to see what i think currently, if i make ill post any changes i make and how well he does in duels

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
Mr. Sloth - thank you for correcting me. If there was any information from my templar guide that I also used in my Fire Druid guide, I copied it over to save typing time... That was one change I overlooked. You are very correct.

Mist - You have to understand the resist factor. Spirit would be a great shield to use if I wasnt in need of the resists from HHG. Because a fire druid cant use all the points it would take to get a good cyclone armour - you are in need of great resistance. Its extremely hard [or was for me] to find a combination I liked of offensive/defensive items. The HHG, for me, with 3 um runes, gives me 66/66/96/106 resists. On one item - this makes a handy tool to my fire druid. Without it he seems incomplete.

also - with my build I think my final strength right now is like 125 [off the top of my head] - which would cause for some big changes to get to 156 for the monarch. Not to mention he's now at clvl 93 and doesnt have room to mess with stats.

Dragnskull - You wont be dissapointed. I'd love to here some feedback on what you did differently and how it worked for you. Just remember that looks are deceiving - and that they are VERY hard to get used to dueling with. So give him a lot of practice.

-FWI

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
well if i can manage to round up the gear (i cant seem to get a ravenlore for my lfie :() im going to make him, if not, im making wind druid...

but if i make this one, im considering spirit monarch instead of ur top choice shield, and keeping ss as backup

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
FWI said:
Chains of Honor RUNEWORD [dol+um+ber+ist]

+2 all skills
+200% damage to demons
+100% damage to undead
+8% life stolen per hit
+70% enhanced defense
+20 strength
Replenish life +7
+65 all resists
Damage reduced by 8%
25% magic find

With two skills this is a nice armor. This is an alternative from the enigma armor, if you really need that 65 resists. Very good mods, and same worth as enigma on most realms. I still recommend enigma. This is what I would use if you are in a dueling league that does not allow enigma/tele.
he did mention it :)

chocofilez

Member!
Reaction score
I think ill try to make it if i manage to round up the equipment. seems like one the most expensive builds besides a godly hammerdin...:( but ill try. good job on the guide ;)

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
Dragn - often times people have problems selling lore's with bad stats, because the few and proud who actually want one usually want nice ones. Keep asking around and you'll find one in an unexpected place for cheap.

Thanks shadow for pointing out the COH

choco - yeah this build is demanding because of how low damage is without the perfect gear. If you do make one, let me know how it goes.

-FWI

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
This guide will definately be added to the sticky. It's gained a nice following since it was posted here. :)
Thanks bro - yeah its gained interesting comments both positive and negative on three forums so far. I'm going to write the next version here soon... Expect a section on my character and how it relates to what I reccomend [my damage,items etc], and more strategies - at least.

-FWI