Fire Druid [PvP] Guide v1.0

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
*: This is a rough draft. Comments are both needed and welcome.

*NOTE*: Do not post this guide anywhere, on any website, or on any other forum without the proper props to the real author. If you visit other diablo forums, or plan to put guides on a website of any sort and plan to use this guide, make it extremely easy to notice that (both) FWI and (aka/originally) WvX_Leader wrote this guide, and all chapters. Please insert author title and pre-warning that it is not your material both at the very beginning and very end of the guide. You have my permission to use this guide anywhere as long as you follow the previous instructions. Thanks.

Fire Druid [PvP] Guide v1.0

Contents:

I. Introduction
II. Formulas and Breakpoints
III. Skill Choices
IV. Stat Choices
V. Equipment Choices
VI. Leveling
VII. Strategies
VIII. FAQ
IX. Magical Fissure!
X. Conclusion and Closing Notes

Abbreviations Dictionary:

AR = attack Rating
Avenger = a paladin whose main attack is vengeance
bm = bad mannered
CB = crushing blow
Crusader = a paladin whose main attack is charge
def = defense
dex = dexterity
dmg = damage
dr = damage reduction
ds = deadly strike
ed = enhanced damage
ene = energy
fbr = faster block rate
fhr = faster hit recovery
fcr = faster cast rate
FOH = fists of the heavens
fps = frames per second
frw = faster run/walk
ias = increased attack speed
icb = increased chance of blocking
itd = ignores target defense
liberator = a paladin whose attacks are blessed hammers, FoH, and charge
ll = life leech
ml = mana leech
ow = open wounds
PvM = player vs. monster
PvP = player vs. player
ranger = a paladin who uses a bow
str = strength
v/t = Vindicator/Templar [smite/foh]
vita = vitality
Zealot = a paladin whose main attack is Zeal
Templar = FOH paladin
clvl = character level

I. Introduction

I've been dueling with a fire druid in both private and public dueling on USWest SC NL for almost a year now in 1.10. This build is demanding when it comes to budget, mainly because unless you have great items, you are going to have some problems killing much anything with how low blizzard made a druid's fire damage. For the most part, this build is a build for people who are sick and tired of being one of 5 other trappers, or another commonly seen character. This character is a hell load of fun to make, play, and most importantly duel with. And I know you are wondering... "Can a fire druid kill ANYTHING?" If you haven't been proven this already, let me tell you that it is definitely possible. It just isn't easy to get there. If you are on my realm, maybe you have seen my fire druid, lvl 92 "FWI" floating around on dueling games. Don't be fooled by people who have attempted to copy me [I've seen a FVVI fire druid]. Well bear with me and read ahead if this character sounds right for you. I guarantee you won't regret spending the time to make one.

II. Formulas and Breakpoints

Max Block formula:

%to block=(%block on shield+bonus from skill)*(dex-15)/(clvl*2)

Faster Cast Rate:

18 Frames-0% 1.39 Casts/sec
17 Frames-4% 1.47 Casts/sec
16 Frames-10% 1.67 Casts/sec
15 Frames-19% 1.79 Casts/sec
14 Frames-30% 1.92 Casts/sec
13 Frames-46% 2.08 Casts/sec
12 Frames-68% 2.27 Casts/sec
11 Frames-99% 2.50 Casts/sec
10 Frames-163% 2.78 Casts/sec

Human Faster Hit Recovery vs. 2-Handed Weapons

13 Frames-0%
12 Frames-5%
11 Frames-10%
10 Frames-16%
09 Frames-26%
08 Frames-39%
07 Frames-56%
06 Frames-86%
05 Frames-152%
04 Frames-377%

Human Faster Hit Recovery vs. 1-Handed Weapons

13 Frames-3%
12 Frames-7%
11 Frames-13%
10 Frames-19%
09 Frames-29%
08 Frames-42%
07 Frames-63%
06 Frames-99%
05 Frames-174%
04 Frames-456%

Human Faster Block Rate

11 Frames-0%
10 Frames-6%
09 Frames-13%
08 Frames-20%
07 Frames-32%
06 Frames-52%
05 Frames-86%
04 Frames-174%
03 Frames-600%

III. Skill Choices

-Armageddon: One of three main attacks. Maxing this is a must
-Fissure: Another of three main attacks. Maxing this is also a must
-Volcano: Last of three main attacks. Maxing this is a must.
-Oak Sage: Base. Put one skill here, no more.
-Molten Boulder: Synergy – max this skill
-Firestorm: Last skill to max. You should be done with maxing this skill at clvl 95
-Prereqs: Notice the most annoying thing about Armageddon – the use of the entire tree to get there. You are going to need one point in all wind related skills to get to Armageddon.

The skills laid out for people who have problems reading:

20 Armageddon
20 Fissure
20 Volcano
20 Molten Boulder
x-20 Firestorm [maxed last, at clvl 95]
1 Oak Sage
1 Arctic Blast
1 Cyclone Armor
1 Twister
1 Tornado
1 Hurricane

If you’re an over-achiever when it comes to leveling, and for some odd reason you feel compelled to go above clvl 95 […more power to you], you can dump the rest into oak sage.

IV. Stat Choices

Strength: Just enough to use the item with most strength required. Make sure to factor all the +str you get from the items before it – to achieve maximum vitality. [Ex: Plan around a low str enigma]
Dexterity: It is your choice whether or not you should max blocking or not. You can use the formula given to get the 75% blocking rate, or you can keep this low and go for all life. For the record, I chose to go all life with the surprising number of casters over melee nowadays.
Vitality: Everything else. Everything
Energy: Absolutely Nothing.

V. Equipment Choices:

Helms:

Ravenlore Sky Spirit [103-155 defense]

+120-150% Enhanced Defense
+15-25 All Resist
+3 Elemental Skills
+20-30 Energy
-(10-20) Enemy Fire Resist
+7 Ravens

This is by far the ultimate helm for a fire druid. With +3 elemental skills, resist, and up to -20% enemy fire resists [the equivalent of 4 perfect facets (negative resist at least)] – this is a great helm.

Jalal’s Mane [184-297 defense]

+2 To Druid Skills
+2 To Shape-Shifting Skills
+150-200% Enhanced Defense
30% Faster Hit Recovery
+20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+20 to Strength
+20 to Energy
+5 Mana After Each Kill
+30% Resistance To All

Great secondary to a ravenlore. With the +2 skills you get, the fhr, the str, and the resist – this is also a good helm.

Harlequin Crest Shako [98-144 defense]

+2 to All Skills
+1.5 Life per clvl
+1.5 Mana per clvl
+50% Better chance of getting magical item
Physical Damage Taken Reduced by 10%
+2 to Strength
+2 to Dexterity
+2 to Vitality
+2 to Energy

No originality – but this is still a great helm. With the huge life/mana boosts, the attributes, and the +2 all skills – this is another great secondary.

Peasant Crown War Hat [92-108 defense]

+20 to Energy
+20 to Vitality
+1 to All Skills
15% Faster Run/Walk
+6-12 Replenish Life
+100% Enhanced Defense

This would be your cheap alternative. With 1 all skills, some frw, and some vita/ene – this is a nice and very cheap helm.

Armor:

Enigma RUNEWORD [jah+ith+ber]

+2 all skills
+45% frw
+1 Teleport [this is not a charge - it acts as a skill for all classes]
+757 defense
+0.75 strength per clvl
+Increased maximum life by 5%
+Damage reduced by 8%
+14 life after each kill
+15% damage taken goes to mana [ does not effect life ]
+1% magic find per clvl

Definitely a huge #1 for the fire druid. With the amazingly long skill timers on your main attacks you will need to be very agile. A fast teleport is exactly what this character needs. With +2 skills, frw, TELE, defense, str, +max% life, and dr – this is an amazing armor.

Guardian Angel Templar Coat [707-825 defense]

+1 Paladin skills
+4 Light radius
+180%-200% enhanced defense
+30% Faster Blocking
+15% Maximum resists to all
+5 attack rating against demons per clvl
+20% chance to block

The GA [most common abbreviation for the guardian angel] is mostly used for the +15% max resists - giving you a possibility of 90 resists to all. With its good + max resists, this is a great choice against elemental casters.

Chains of Honor RUNEWORD [dol+um+ber+ist]

+2 all skills
+200% damage to demons
+100% damage to undead
+8% life stolen per hit
+70% enhanced defense
+20 strength
Replenish life +7
+65 all resists
Damage reduced by 8%
25% magic find

With two skills this is a nice armor. This is an alternative from the enigma armor, if you really need that 65 resists. Very good mods, and same worth as enigma on most realms. I still recommend enigma. This is what I would use if you are in a dueling league that does not allow enigma/tele.

Orumus' Robes Dusk Shroud [361-467 defense]

+10-20 defense
+20% faster cast rate
+(10-15)% to Fire skill damage
+(10-15)% to Cold skill damage
+(10-15)% to Lightning skill damage
+3 Random sorc skill

This armour is another alternative since the possibility of +15% more fire damage is available. Some people prefer it - I don’t.

Cheaper alternatives:

ANYTHING with plus skills will do if you have a very small budget. Ill give a list of some armors that add skills that are cheap.

-Vipermagi [+1]
-Spirit shroud [+1 - very easy to find in mf]
-Skullders [has good mf too]
-Que-Heagans [not a bad armour +1]
-Silks of the Victor [+1]

Weapons:

Heart of the Oak RUNEWORD [ko+vex+pul+thul]

+3 all skills
+40% faster cast rate
+75% Damage to demons
+100 attack rating against demons
+3-14 cold damage
+7% mana stolen per hit
+1 blizzard [sorc only]
+10 dexterity
+replenish life +20
+Increased maximum mana +15%
+all resists +30-40% [varies]
Level 4 Oak Sage [25 charges]
Level 14 raven [60 charges]
+50% damage to undead

This is the best choice for a fire druid. With +3 skills, 40% fcr, dex, and resist – this is my personal favorite for the fire druid.

Wizard Spike Bone Knife

+2 mana per clvl
+15% mana regeneration
+15% max mana
+75% all resists
Indestructable
+50% faster cast rate

Wiz spike is a great way to get max resist, but doesn’t give you the versatility that HOTO gives you.

NOTE: A wizard spike is Very easy to get so its either that or HOTO - no more options explained.

Shield:

Head Hunter’s Glory

+(320-420) Defense
+(300-350) Defense vs. Missiles
Poison Resist +(30-40)%
Socketed ((1-3))
Fire Resist +(20-30)%
+(5-7) Life After Each Kill

This my favorite item on my character. I got myself one of these with three sockets, and put three um runes in there. If you don’t have the funds for um runes, Perfect Diamonds are only sacrificing +3 (x3) = 9 resist. I love this shield for fire druids, because it’s very hard to get great resist out of a character. Mine has resist 66,66,96,106.

Lidless Wall [271-347 defense]

+80-130% Enhanced Defense (varies)
+1 To All Skills
Increase Maximum Mana 10%
20% Faster Cast Rate
+3-5 To Mana After Each Kill (varies)
+10 To Energy
+1 To Light Radius

This makes a nice secondary for the HHG. One huge problem you will get using this will be resist, but it has nice +1 skills and fcr.

Storm Shield [94-144 defense]

+3.75 defense per clvl
Physical damage reduced by 35%
+30 strength
+35% faster blocking
+25% lightning resist
+25% chance to block
+60% cold resist
Attacker takes 10 lightning damage

Always was, and still is a great shield. Although it has a high str req, this shield gives you nice resist as well as the loved 35% dr.

Belts:

Verdungo's Hearty Cord [108-153 defense]

+(90-140)% enhanced defense
+(30-40) vitality
+(100-120) maximum stamina
10% faster hit recovery
Damage reduced by (10-15)%
Replenish life +(10-13)

This, after much testing, ended up being my belt I use 99% of the time. With the huge life boost, the fhr and the dr – this helps even out your character who will likely have terrible blocking.

Arachnid Mesh [106-138 defense]

+(90-120)% enhanced defense
+20% faster cast rate
Level 13 venom (11 charges)
+1 all skills
Slows target by 10%
+5% maximum mana

This is a great other alternative. This was the other belt that I tested. Although I found the life/dr/fhr more effective from the verdungos, this belt gives you the unmistakable +1 skills and 20 fcr.

Thundergod's Vigor [109-159 defense]

5% chance of casting a lvl 7 FOH on struck
+1-50 lightning damage [melee only]
+10% maximum lightning resist
Absorbs +20 lightning damage
+160-200% enhanced defense
+20 vitality
+20 strength
+3 Lightning strike [amazon only]
+3 Lightning fury [amazon only]

This is a cheaper alternative and gives you the likable vita/str, +10% max light, and the light absorb.

Gloves:

Magefists [24-25 defense]

+20% Faster Cast Rate
Regenerate Mana 25%
+1 to All Fire Skills (All Chars)
Adds 1-6 Fire Damage
+10 Defense
+20-30% Enhanced Defense

This is a very cheap set of gloves that are perfect for the fire druid. With +1 fire skills and fcr, this is perfect for you. Yes… the +1 fire skills will help your fire skills [geddon/fissure/volc]. No… it wont help synergies.

Boots:

Waterwalk [94-123 defense]

+100 defense to missles
+20% faster run/walk
+15 dexterity
+180-210% enhanced defense
+45-65 life
+40 stamina
+5% maximum fire resist
+50% stamina regeneration

These are my favorite boots for the fire druid. If you want to go for rares or duped rares, more power to you.

Silkweave [94-115 defense]

+150-190% enhanced defense
+5 mana after each kill
+200 defense vs. missles
+10% maximum mana
+30% faster run/walk

Descent boots if you need the mana… for some odd reason. They’re a cheap alternative.

Rings:

Bul Kathos Wedding Band

+0.5 life per clvl
+1 all skills
+3-5% life stolen per hit
+50 stamina

I use one of these on my fire druid. With the +1 skills and the life you get, this is much better than an soj – because you wont need the mana. For the record, the other ring I use is a legit rare I found with great resist. If you want to use rares with fcr/resist, more power to you.

The Stone of Jordan

+20 mana
+25% maximum mana
+1-12 lightning damage
+1 all skills

Pointless option here because if you can afford an soj, you can afford a bk. The life you get from bk is better than the mana you get here.

Cheaper alternatives: The best thing I can think of here is just any rings with fcr or resist.

Amulets:

Mara's Kaleidoscope

+2 all skills
+20-30% resists all
+5 all attributes

This is definitely the best option here… nowadays they are very expensive but if you can get one – its definitely worth it.

Cheaper alternatives: Any amulet with +druid skills on it is fine. Also look for fcr and resist.

Charms:

To be effective in PvP, you’re going to have to find a way to get elemental skill gcs. It makes a HUGE difference in your damage. Don’t get me wrong, it isn’t a reason to not make a fire druid if you cant get them, but you will notice a huge difference if you get them. Obviously, the best you could get would be elemental gcs with either fhr or life as a second mod. You’re also going to want to get an annihilus. For the other 9 slots, get life/resist scs. If you can’t afford two mods on one charm, get max resists then get some life scs [max solo resist mod on a sc is 11 and max life on a sc is 20].

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
VI. Leveling Tips:

This is considering you have a friend help you through the game for faster results. [rushed]

1-12: Run through act one with a group of low lvls
12-20: Andarial runs / Countess Runs
20: Ancients Quest
20-25: Cows
25-40: Normal Baal
40-60: Nightmare Baal
60-8x+: Hell Baal

VII. STRATEGIES

Basic Strategies:

Before you begin your duel, you are going to need to cast some pre-casts to get you ready. If you have a Call to Arms weapon [which gives you Battle Command and Battle Orders which raise your life/skill], this is the time to cast those. You are also going to cast oak sage and ravens [if you use ravenlore]. Finally, this is the time to cast your Armageddon. With the proper skill levels and synergies, this skill should run 50 seconds long without you needing to recast. If you are having trouble doing about 7 seconds worth of precasts before you are ready in a duel – because there are idiots in your game who don’t give enough respect for you to get ready, go farther out and use the map to your advantage. 90 degree angles in the walls give you a perfect block from all ranged attacks.

Skill Timers and Basics:

Skill Timers are definitely the most annoying thing about a fire druid. By far a fire druid is one of or the hardest character to learn how to duel with. Armageddon has a SIX second timer [meaning you have to wait six full seconds before you can cast other offensive skills]. Volcano has a four second timer, and fissure has a two second timer. Because of this – you are going to have to be very precise on where you aim your volcano. Fissure on the other hand is your favorite when it comes to how fast you can cast it. Although it has the lowest timer out of your three main skills, you will notice it takes a split second to start up the vents. Because of this, if there is a very fast paced duel and you need to land a direct hit – casting a volcano and then pulling away while it stuns is your option. Fissure is a great skill to cast on top of yourself for characters [such as name-lock happy hammerdins or wind druids]. If you have fissure(s) going on top of yourself while you are stationary and a character teles on top of you, simply walk away a small bit while fissure pelts them and Armageddon takes a few hits of its own on the way out.

Approaching an enemy using teleport:

The zig-zag tele:

A zig-zag tele is something I do all the time when I approach a character that needs to aim. This applies to all teleing characters as well – not just fire druids. A perfect example would be a spear nec or a fireball sorc. If you tele towards them in random zigzags they usually freak out and don’t land a hit on you.

The semi-circle tele:

This is basically teleing out too far and making basically half a circle. I use this on some ranged chars. Its another form of teleing towards a char that isn’t teleing around very quickly. Many times with this technique you catch chars off guard. It makes an almost defensive offensive attack – which is pretty much an oxymoron – but makes sense in a way.

Specific character strategies:

Amazons:

Bowazons: Often times these little rats have a good load of ias and tend to do descent damage on you. Because of that – you have to be swift. Guided Arrows don’t miss [for the most part] so you have to get a hit in there fast. Often times you will see me doing the semi-circle tele [because they are usually stationary and firing arrows]. I will semi-circle tele and volcano them from the behind. Not only does volcano stun on its own, their dodge/evade and all that fun stuff will make them lock up like hell. Often times one volcano will do the trick. You will find few amazons who have the fhr to get out of your volcano, but if you do – try fissure, because it hits them many times when they run out. If you find a pack of partied bowazons – get in there and plant a fissure in the middle. This is a wide attack and is quite hilarious when you can take out 5 close-together bowazons with one click.

Javazons: Most melee amazons nowadays are lightning. Not that this matters. Armageddon and fissure are your friends with these amazons. Because they have to be right in front of you to hit you, they are already running the risk of being pelted by up to about 17-18K of Armageddon. In the mean time you can be casting fissures both on top of yourself and in between you and the melee amazon. When they chose to run after you, they will be forced to run through multiple fissures and get hit 20+ times – and if they even get through that – they have to not be hit by Armageddon. If they tele, play defensively and let them come to you. Cast fissures on yourself and the second you see them tele, walk away and let fissure/Armageddon do the work.

Assassins:

Trappers: Much like dueling all character types, this character will take some time getting used to. Especially for a fire druid. Often times you will be forced to rely on instincts. Don’t get stuck in mind blasts, and use all three of your attacks to your advantage. Often time you will see me playing unusually offensively and teleing on the assassin – and using fissure, while armagedden hits her once in a while. If you find the assassin overwhelmed and playing defensively, play defensively yourself and use more volcanoes to stun them. You can also plant random fissures here and there where you think they will run. Some random fissure is the last thing a character thinks when he is under pressure.

All other melee assassins: Kickers and Whirlwinders alike, you will find yourself using the same skills and strats. You will need to be very defensive and let them come to you. Cast fissures on yourself and make sure geddon is still going with plenty of time on the timer. The second you see their tele animation kick in, walk away and let them be hit by fissure and geddon. Fissure stuns and does nice damage while if geddon hits they are going to have some problems.

Barbarians:

Whirlwind: Often times you will find barbarians to hate you when you duel them. If you duel them right, you can kill them without being touched, and doing little work. Once again, you have to master the art of casting fissures on yourself and letting them come to you. The second you see the tele, walk away. Get used to each ww and figure out which way to walk. If you play this right, Armageddon and fissure will hurt a LOT. Notice how many times fissure hits a barbarian that whirlwinds through one. Unless they have a lot of fire resist and/or some absorb, they are going to take a lot of hard hits.

Conc, Frenzy, Beserk, etc Barbarians: Treat these the same was as the javazon.

Druids:

Fire druids: Wow are these duels interesting. There is so much going on, it is extremely hard to know who’s what is who’s. You will see fissures and volcanos and Armageddon rocks everywhere but you wont know if it is yours or if it is his. To the one fire druid who actually put up a fight to me, FVVI [someone who attempted to be…me.] – often times if I lost, it would be a close match and a loss because I would walk through a fissure that looked like mine. These duels are very fun, take very long, and are very defensive. Have fun finding other fire druids. If you get to that point, its awesome. Who knows maybe you’ll inspire a few.

Wind druids: When a fire druid beats a wind druid in a duel, your having a good day when it comes to d2. If your build is strong enough, and you spend a lot of time getting used to how to kill them – yes… a fire druid can kill a wind druid. Most of the time you will find that casting fissures on yourself and walking upon tele is the best option. Most of the time a wind druid will simply tele on you and spam tornadoes. The second he tele’s, run away just a small amount of space. The trick is to let fissure kill the cyclone armour while letting Armageddon take the kill. If you have a friend with a wind druid, talk some shit so you can get a lot of practice on him – making you ready for the rest of them.

Melee druids: Because most melee druids tend to run very fast, locking a volcano on them tends to be very hard. Fissure and Armageddon are your friends. Treat them like you would any other non ww’ing or charging melee character. Use fissure to your advantage – casting it both upon yourself and in between you and your opponent.

Necromancers:

Bonemancers: Up to this point, I haven’t said all too much about volcano [at least in the individual builds strat section]. Volcano will be your favorite with bone necromancers. Often times they tend to have terrible fhr, which helps volcano lock them up even more. If you get a good hit, it will keep them motionless until the last hit of volcano. About 50% of the time, one volcano will do the trick. Play from a distance and if they are tele happy, do the same. Often times bonemancers are simple minded and are easy to find a pattern in how they cast offensively. In this case, you will find it easy to dodge spears, teeth, and spirits. Be careful with spirits, because they tend to add up and form a large clump that follow you. If you stop at a bad time, you will get a LOT of magic damage that will definitely take a large chunk of life, or kill you. Use the map again to your advantage and let solid objects get in the way of you and the spirit.

Poison: You will see few poison necromancers when you duel. If you do see one, use volcano if they simply stand and cast. If they have a bonemancers mentality [if they tele very randomly and rapidly] – treat them the same as a bonemancer. If you have any items with pdr, use them.

Paladins:

Templars [FOH]: Unless you get a lot of lightning resist, these will be an annoyance to you. For me, my 3 ort helm with 39 life is my friend. Nothing beats one item that gives you 90 lightning resist. Because you will need to be so defensive with them, you will want to lock some volcanos and get them to walk through some strategically placed fissures.

Melee paladins [zealots, crusaders, vindicators, etc]: Fissure and Armageddon are your friend once again. Cast fissures in between you and your opponent and upon yourself. Fissure by far is best used [of all characters] with a crusader [charger]. Because fissure stuns and hits more often the faster someone goes through it on foot – a charger going through fissures are asking for trouble. All you need to do for melee paladins is place strategic fissures and let them and Armageddon do the work.

Hammerdins: There are two types of hammerdins… ones who name-lock tele and spam, and ones who walk and spam to create large areas of hammers. For name-lock spammers, use the fissure yourself/run technique already explained. If you find a hammerdin spamming randomly, use volcano and sometimes fissure. Often times volcano will stun him long enough to either kill him or make him go run to mommy [akara].

Sorceress:

Fire: These duels are almost a carbon copy of dueling a necromancer who uses bone spear. The zig-zag tele approach is the way to go here. Often times fire sorcs are so freaking stupid – that they will cast a straight line of fire balls. In this case, go ahead and semi circle tele/volcano them. If they aim to you – use a more strategic zig-zag tele. Tele in between fire balls until you get to the sorc and then land a solid volcano hit. Often times sorceresses have terrible fhr and one volcano with its combination of physical and fire damage will do the trick.

Lightning: Definitely use zig-zag tele here. Dodge the streams of electricity and land a volcano. The cool thing about lightning is they will be completely stationary and look constipated. This gives you plenty of time to land a good volcano hit to stun them if they have bad fhr.

Cold: Gotta love cold mastery. Anyways… Most of the time you will find blizzard sorcs. You really have to be on top of your game with these sorceresses. Tele a lot and quickly, and land volcanos on them like they are trying to land blizzards on you. You can also plant some fissures here and there where they are about to tele or walk. The key here is not being hit. At all… Be very defensive and you’ll be fine.

VIII. FAQ

Q: LMAO a fire druid

A: Shut up

Q: Can a fire druid actually kill anything in pk?

A: Absolutely… if you know how to duel with one.

Q: Do fire facets work with the druids fire skills?

A: Yes

Q: I hate templars… how much lightning resist do I need to negate them all together?

A: 100 [-100 base in hell difficulty] + 75 [max without +% max] + 150 [conviction] = 325 needed lightning resist.

Q: Why not molten boulder?

A: You try it on your own. A slug could do donuts around those things they are so slow.

Q: Why not firestorm?

A: It simply doesn’t cast fast enough once you tele on someone. In today’s fast paced duels, you will find yourself with a skill that is too slow and shoots three 2 inch snakes at someone who just teled across the whole screen.

Q: Why not cyclone armor?

A: Blizzard decided to hate fire druids and give them low damage. Because of this, you will need all the synergies you can get for all three of your main skills. The reason why wind druids can pull it off – is because the synergies compliment each other for the build. Stick to resist bro.

Q: Why not any pets besides the ravens you get from a ravenlore?

A: Once again, you need all the synergies you can get. Yes, pets are a good way to deter enemy attacks from you – but if it means Your attacks wont do anything, you’re gonna have a problem.

IX. Magical Fissure!

Fissure, like many 1.10 skills, has a bug of its own. Unlike the well known bugs of say, charge of a paladin – this odd bug can be and should be used to your advantage. First of all, if you cast fissure right outside of town, it will disappear for enemies yet still be active. Although I seriously don’t think you should Town Guard… pretty much ever – it’s a good thing to know. If you do cast the fissure outside of town, and a character runs out – there are in for a surprise. Yes it works kind of like hammers do when they disappear. Hand in hand with that aspect, often times vents are active for a short second(s) after the animation [this goes for anywhere outside of town]. Although it mostly can not be planned, this can get you a few cheap hits on a character that saw a fissure leave the screen. Test it, and have fun integrating it into your duels.

X. Conclusion and Closing Notes:

This is the first draft out of a at least a few, so please do know this is not a final product, yet. I need plenty of reader feedback before I am satisfied with a final guide. Feel free to yell at me all you want and let me know what you think should be changed. This also can include obvious spelling errors, statistical errors, and damn idiot errors.

Thanks,

FWI

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
You amaze me. If this guide gets even a small following, I'll be sure to add uit to the srticky I make tomorrow. You've shown lots of dedication in writing this up. i'm very impressed.

Shadow-Hunter

Member!
Reaction score
Nice guide u have made here .. One thing I would like to know is, how much dmg can a druid like this do ?

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Shadow-Hunter said:
17k! dident know the dmg on amageddon was so high. what is fissure dmg ? :)
17k... eh... meteor does over 7k naked w/ synergies maxed

over 30k meteor w/ the right eqp

and ~20k fireball...

Firesorc's > Fire Druids...

Mist

Member!
Reaction score
@daitenshi: duel this guy's fire druid then. He looks to me like he knows whats he's doing... though I do think some synergies could be sacrificed for some summons... but I'd have to try it out

Zerglite

Reaction score
Mist said:
@daitenshi: duel this guy's fire druid then. He looks to me like he knows whats he's doing... though I do think some synergies could be sacrificed for some summons... but I'd have to try it out
i dont play D2 anymore, but i know what im talking about

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I doubt it Matt. You forget, You need to wait for a meteor to hit the ground. Armegeddon flies down in vollies. The whole time Armegeddon's going, fireballs are falling to the ground. Randomly yes, but still. Chances are good a Armegeddon shot will hit you first before you ever land a Meteor on him.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I doubt it Matt. You forget, You need to wait for a meteor to hit the ground. Armegeddon flies down in vollies. The whole time Armegeddon's going, fireballs are falling to the ground. Randomly yes, but still. Chances are good a Armegeddon shot will hit you first before you ever land a Meteor on him.
thats why i mentioned fire ball also (20k dmg maxed), its aimable, and with enough FCR and some good aim..

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i only read the stat/skills/items part ...and correct me if im wrong, btu wouldnt Spirit or that one zakrum shield w/ the +fire damage or whatever be good? :S

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Zakarum shields are Paladin Only, aren't they?

Ok Matthew. Add Fissure, which will most likely get more hits then a fireball will (if you know how to teleport and make them follow you right). Fair enough?

Zerglite

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
Zakarum shields are Paladin Only, aren't they?

Ok Matthew. Add Fissure, which will most likely get more hits then a fireball will (if you know how to teleport and make them follow you right). Fair enough?
dont get hit by the fissure... :-/

it would come down to whoever gets in the lucky hit

FWI

Member!
Reaction score
FWI said:
Looks are decieving.
FWI said:
Looks are decieving.
FWI said:
Looks are decieving.
Theres a reason why I said that before I posted that number. I have never. Yes I said it. Never lost to a fire sorc of any kind that didnt go put a hell of absorb on. Yes. My 15k armageddon, mere 4.3k fissure, and mere 3.2k volcano [about 2k fire, 1k phys] takes out about 95% of the people I face. That includes your favorite wind druids, sorceresses, trappers, etc.

Although I recognize your arguement diatenshi, its too bad you arent active/have a fire sorc available so I can test it out for you.

Diatenshi said:
Firesorc's > Fire Druids...
I must ask. When was the last time you saw a fire druid? Let alone saw a fire druid in pvp. Let alone saw a fire druid face a sorceress. Let alone saw a fire druid face a fire sorceress. Let alone saw a fire sorceress kill a fire druid.

Personally, I slayed a number today

-FWI

Zerglite

Reaction score
FWI said:
I must ask. When was the last time you saw a fire druid? Let alone saw a fire druid in pvp. Let alone saw a fire druid face a sorceress. Let alone saw a fire druid face a fire sorceress. Let alone saw a fire sorceress kill a fire druid.
fire sorcs do more dmg than fire druids, i based my arguement off of that, bieng as i never really liked, nor used, elemental druids when i actually played.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
You of all people should know, damage isn't anything without the proper skill to wield it. Anyone can get tons of damage. Without skill to put it to killing effect, it's a useless string of numbers.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
You of all people should know, damage isn't anything without the proper skill to wield it. Anyone can get tons of damage. Without skill to put it to killing effect, it's a useless string of numbers.
why, should i of all people know this.. am i special?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I figured you did know. Thats how I feel, since I can go, play D2, get a super damagified fire sorceress and still lose in duels because I have no skill in using them. It's dependant on damage, and skill IMO.

Zerglite

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I figured you did know. Thats how I feel, since I can go, play D2, get a super damagified fire sorceress and still lose in duels because I have no skill in using them. It's dependant on damage, and skill IMO.
ive seen lvl 90 druids killed in 1 hit by lvl 40 pallys...

no skill involved..

just 1 charge

GG