Final Fantasy 10

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
First, you're all wrong--Final Fantasy Tactics was the best.

Second, Tidus was the most annoying of all main characters I've ever seen in a Final Fantasy game. His voice was annoying, his attitude was annoying, the way he ran was annoying--worst of all, his clothes... oh, don't get me started on those clothes. Auron, on the other hand, is one of my all-time favorites. He's hardcore in too many ways to explain in a short post.

I liked Final Fantasy X's battle system at first, but it quickly became predictable. You could look an an enemy (which is likely one you've faced already, but a different color) and automatically know exactly what attack by what character would work best.

The sphere grid wasn't all that bad, but it was really confusing at first. Plus, it was too open and "customizable." I like my characters to be individual, but eventually, they started to seem more and more alike.

The worst thing about Final Fantasy X, however, was its gameplay. It was the most monotonous gameplay of any FF game I've played yet--and that's including FFT. Very rarely could you ever deviate from the main plot. This might've been due to the lack of a World Map, I dunno. It was far too.... straightforward, I think. The plot, though interesting (it is, after all, a Final Fantasy), just wasn't as captivating as most Final Fantasy plots are. Sure, there were some interesting twists, but if you really tried, they weren't hard to figure out beforehand.

Those are my thoughts of FFX, in a nutshell. As a Final Fantasy, it's still one of my favorite games, but it didn't quite measure up to the others. Subjectively, I'd rate the Square games I've played like this:

FFT > Xenogears > FF7 > FF9 > LoD = FF8 > Chocobo's Dungeon 2 > FFX > Chocobo Racing > Chrono Cross > FFX-2

Objectively:

FF7 > FF8 > FFX > FF9 > Xenogears > FFT > LoD > others...

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Master America for the ****ing win.

/thread.

LeapOfFaith

J'Kar Fanboi
Reaction score
OpIuM of MaGGoTs said:
ff10 = overrated hardcore, along with ff7
Final Fantasy 10 & 7 are the best Final Fantasy ever made nothing comes close to beating them right now.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Master.America said:
First, you're all wrong--Final Fantasy Tactics was the best.

Second, Tidus was the most annoying of all main characters I've ever seen in a Final Fantasy game. His voice was annoying, his attitude was annoying, the way he ran was annoying--worst of all, his clothes... oh, don't get me started on those clothes. Auron, on the other hand, is one of my all-time favorites. He's hardcore in too many ways to explain in a short post.

I liked Final Fantasy X's battle system at first, but it quickly became predictable. You could look an an enemy (which is likely one you've faced already, but a different color) and automatically know exactly what attack by what character would work best.

The sphere grid wasn't all that bad, but it was really confusing at first. Plus, it was too open and "customizable." I like my characters to be individual, but eventually, they started to seem more and more alike.

The worst thing about Final Fantasy X, however, was its gameplay. It was the most monotonous gameplay of any FF game I've played yet--and that's including FFT. Very rarely could you ever deviate from the main plot. This might've been due to the lack of a World Map, I dunno. It was far too.... straightforward, I think. The plot, though interesting (it is, after all, a Final Fantasy), just wasn't as captivating as most Final Fantasy plots are. Sure, there were some interesting twists, but if you really tried, they weren't hard to figure out beforehand.

Those are my thoughts of FFX, in a nutshell. As a Final Fantasy, it's still one of my favorite games, but it didn't quite measure up to the others. Subjectively, I'd rate the Square games I've played like this:

FFT > Xenogears > FF7 > FF9 > LoD = FF8 > Chocobo's Dungeon 2 > FFX > Chocobo Racing > Chrono Cross > FFX-2

Objectively:

FF7 > FF8 > FFX > FF9 > Xenogears > FFT > LoD > others...
FFT was fun, considering you can beat the game anyway you want. Also, its one of my few games that still work on my PSX. Better start switching to emulation. Xengears was a classic as well, although it got easy once you found Big Joe's elite Gear part shop and had the money to do it with. If you tweaked all the gears this way, you can easily defeat Deus with no trouble.

FFX-2 didn't have a world map either, but I found that game to be: A way of adding experience points, to your penis.