"ffxi"

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
try to go out alone for a bit I lvled up faster that way. It is a bit tough but what do you expect its Final Fantasy. Come on their games rock. If this guys gonna pay for what the hell give it a try the only thing you'll lose is free time.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Maybe you guys just don't like MMORPG's....ever think of that?

I've never played it but there are TONS of people who love it. As long as you are semi-patient (unlike most people here) you should have fun.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yea, I liked it a lil bit, but I didn't have time for it. My friend plays it a lot though. And he loves it to death, like if he lost his char he'd commit suicide or something, lol. Just takes some patience to level and get to the fun advanced jobs.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Yea, patience and free time are the keys to having fun with it.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Not a lot of people can get boht of those though. Mainly patience. If everyone had enough patience, then the game would be much more popular. Hell, I might even play. But for me it's a matter of time and money.

dice5_5

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Levels 1 through 20 can be very discouraging. Yes, you fight lots of rabbits, bees, worms, etc at those lower levels, but it gets better...I promise. The zones are big enough, but you can run from one end to another in a matter of minutes. When you get to lvl 20 and can ride a chocobo, you can run from one town the the next in 15 minutes. Doing quests/mission for your home town is lots of fun b/c your not only hearing everyone's stories, but you are also building your fame in that town. The higher your fame, the more unique quests you can do. There's also crafting and fishing. Being able to craft your own foods/drinks or equipment is quite an accomplishment since most people don't bother crafting. They don't realize there's good money to be made in crafting. ^^ Fishing is tons of fun. There's different rods/baits which are used to catch different fish. ...also very profitable as long as you know what to catch. ;) (moat carp) There's more to this game than leveling, and alot of players don't take advantage of that.

SephirothX89

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Two of my friends play FFXI alot ( Instead of playing wc3 with me :(). I'm not planning to get it, but I'm gonna try WoW when it comes out.