• Defiler

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • lurker

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahh... defilers. Capable of crippling armies of Battlecruisers, Carriers, Hydras, Guardians, Defilers, Tanks, Goliaths, etc. etc. Defilers get my vote. In my opinion, they are one of the most devistating late game units, with their plague (which I spoke of already) and their endless use of darkswarm (with consume) which works with basically any melee unit for zerg. Of course it works with ranged units (hydras) against air, but not so much against ground if you are playing an opponent smart enough to move his men into the swarm as well. Defilers are underrated, as well as under used. Just unburrow, plague/darkswarm, then burrow. Works like a charm.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
Most players will see where u burrow and kill ur defiler, so that isn't such a good idea since defilers cost a lot of gas. Defilers are one of the best units though :)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Why hasn't anyone bothered to mention Hydra????

They are one kickass offensive unit when in large numbers! And equipped with some defilers for support. They are unstoppable!

- Cheap and very nasty!

- Evolve into lurk

- Easy to get in the game

- Can own anything when in large numbers and supported by defilers

- And yea!

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
If he turtles he wont live long enough to get mass templars...

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
That is just stupid, u have to use lurkers on the offencive too, to counter M&M and toss armor.

Draken

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmmmm well i am a nweb but i think that a good combo has to 20 hydrolisks 10 mutas and a coupel of ultras that usally gets the job done.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
That would cost too much gas, mutas + lings or hydras + lurkers work better. It all depends on the map and the MU.

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
I like Lurkers too. I think they are a great addition to the Swarm.

They are great for offence, a group of Lurkers could destroy a terran base single handedly. Also, placing them at the enemy's doorway will prevent them from passing and make them use up resources trying to get out.

They are great for defence, a few Lurkers will deter ground attacks on your base and is best to use them on all your expansion bases.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Originally posted by Renzokuken
I always use lurks on the offence & defence. They are great for peon line drops!
I agree.
Lurk Drops are one of the most widely used strategies on b.net because it is extremly effective. Especially if you mix with some decoy units.

AKA-47

Member!
Reaction score
24 hydras + 12 lurkers dropped in the main base is very hard to stop as terran or toss.

SmashBros.Pro

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
Actually I forgot one of my favorite Lurker strats on LT. I usually send 2-3 Lurkers to each expo that hasn't been taken so it will be harder for him to take over it, but the experinced guys I play usually send support.

C

Capt.Hair

The defiler HAS to be the best zerg ground unit no just for its special ablilies but because its unit portrait is so cool.

Towelie

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hydralisks are the best IMO. They totally kickass. I max out on them alot, it its a short game and I need them fast, otherwise I go with lots of gaurdians. I always put 12 lurkers in my choke point and around my hatchery the first 6 minutes. I get them really fast.

SecretZerg11

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yes, you need to have lurkers on the offensive too.Also, what about the infested terran? They can devestating if used wisely (if you can get a CC). Like against a player who masses cannons bunkers or sunkens use darkswarm and rush them in to cripple their defenses.