• lurker

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Making me choose between defiler and lurker? oi... well, I choose defiler! In fact, I think defiler is no only the best ground unit for zerg, but I think it's the best unit OVERALL for zerg....... perhaps even the best unit in the whole game... when used correctly ;)

KerriganForever

Member!
Reaction score
Website
stores.andale.com
Defiler is Zerg's secret weapon. Not allot of gamers use it, but it is the most effective. I like its ability to Plague the enemy with corrosive spores, a highly toxic cloud that corrodes everything in its site. I also like the Dark Swarm, which is actually a cloud of living insects used to distract the enemy while other broods rush in. Soooo Devilish.

firebat451

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It is hard to say what is the best. The defiler is a very good unit but only in the right hands. I've seen some gimps try to use them and they make it look like the most retarded unit in the game. And even if you know how to use it you need other units to do the fighting. I would defanitly say that the defiler is the best support unit but it is hard to compare it to other units like the lurker or hydrolisk.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
one newb tried to plauge me. he missed me intirely. i couldn't believe HE MISSED ME!! god i laughed at him as i blew the shit outta him

Xel

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
nono good playes build sunkens spores and lings at first then hydra then a whole team of mutalisks then swarm some1 down

AmericanPsych0

Member!
Reaction score
Defilers! Although Cracklings are also nice, but they aren't on the list. ;)

TheHybrid

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizzcenter.com
Zerglings r ok, pretty good, but when it comes 2 fighting against air units, then the lings r virtually useless. Defillers, they're not the best, they can't even attack. They have the plague which is pretty good at subtracting the enemies hp, but they can barely kill a unit. I say its the Hydras that r the best ground units. They can attack both air and ground but r the only ground units that the zerg have that can attack both air and ground units. Combined wit lings, ultra and/or defillers will make the zerg race more deadlyer!!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
u over look the dark swarm. air units become 100% useless (as skuzzy says) with the defiler.

TheHybrid

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizzcenter.com
Yea..... the defillers r pretty good, as support units, though. Only a newb would use it as a offensive fighter. I have seen it happen..... some newb build lik an army of defilers without any other units to help. It wasn't that hard 2 defend against that kind of an army!

TheHybrid

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizzcenter.com
That dark swarn can make a hydralisk invulnerable 4 a while against air units.

firebat451

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How did they expect to kill anything? Plague won't do it. Maybe agaist terran and trying to burn down buildings but you still need backup.