Favorite soundtracks?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm a mainstreamer through and through, but I've found myself getting rather addicted to some less-known stuff that doesn't scratch the surface very often: original compositions from movie or game soundtracks.

Some of my favorites are:

The full Devil May Cry series. Mixes technometal with some areas that are almost classical, particularly in 3 and 4. The first game's soundtrack are entirely lyric-less, and there's not a whole lot that has words in 3 or 4 either although there is indeed some. Overall, it's just good music to set stories to, and it's fun to get lost in it. I've been considering looking up more work by the chief composers, Masami Ueda (DMC1) and Tetsuya Shibata (DMC3,4).

God of War (mainly 2). The soundtrack is as epically-scaled as the game, and the entire thing is just...grand. Orchestral and choiral, it sounds both primal and godlike...listening to it can feel like an immersion in the ancient days when your life was measured by the grandeur of your deeds and all that mattered was your devotion to the gods. Glory, honor, victory...and the Junkie XL remix of the Colossus theme is pretty badass too.

The OST for the 300 movie is much the same way, although it has a lot sadder feel to it. Most of the vocals are sung by women and almost seem haunting. I'm only really in love with maybe 3 of the tracks from it, but the whole CD holds a lot of emotion.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I intend to check out the Bloodrayne 2 soundtrack as well, as I can recall enjoying a lot of the background music while playing it.

So, are there any soundtracks to particular movies or games you enjoy? I'm not really talking about most movies, since generally they're just mixes of other mainstream hits that match the tone of the film. I'm more talking about OSTs that are completely original in nature, musical pieces created specifically for the title.

torrid mind

Diablo Forum ******
Reaction score
I'm not really talking about most movies, since generally they're just mixes of other mainstream hits that match the tone of the film.
Lies and slander.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
How is that lies and slander? When was the last time a movie trailer played something original instead of something new?

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Movies: Wicker Park, Gladiator
Games: MGS, Final Fantasys, Suikodens. Most RPGs have real good OSTs that I've played. Granted, I don't play ****ty games.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
Movies: Sweeny Todd, The Producers, 300, Iron Man
Anime: Most Gundam albums.
Games: MGS4, Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

they seem more fun to collect/to have then to listen :/

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Movies: Wicker Park, Gladiator
Games: MGS, Final Fantasys, Suikodens. Most RPGs have real good OSTs that I've played. Granted, I don't play ****ty games.
Ooh, I bet Gladiator has an awesome one. I'll have to look that up.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i favourite is from dynasty warriors. kickass guitar solos ftw

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Movies: American Beauty, 30 Days of Night, V for Vendetta, Wicker Park, The Day After Tomorrow, Star Wars, The Matrix, Sin City, Harry Potter, few others.
Games: FF3 through 8, FFVI (11). Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3, Silent Hill, DooM series, Phantasy Star Online, Neverwinter Nights II, Quake series, and a ton more...
Anime: Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Wolfs Rain, DBZ, Bleach, Big O, GITS: SAC 1 and 2, Venture Brothers, FMA, and more...

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

AZN_FLEA

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
THATS ****ING HEAPS MAN

no im serious. im worried for you dm

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
we already had a thread for this but: Repo Man

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Chrono Cross has one of the best soundtracks, ever.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
You'd be placing a losing bet then. Chrono Triggers was good, but Cross is just good to the max.