'Favorite Monk Skill' poll results in!

Tyrael

Ready Yourself
Reaction score
Source

A few hours ago Bashiok held a poll to see what people think is the best Monk skill; these are the results:

[blockquote][IMGr]http://i34.tinypic.com/107sw48.jpg[/IMGr]
Bashiok said:
0. Favorite Monk Skill [rain]09/23/2009 02:08:03 PM PDT[/rain]
What is your favorite monk skill of those shown on the official site?

Diablo III - Monk[/blockquote]
It only took six minutes for a response; most were short and declarative, but some went deep into their decision, like this one:
[blockquote]
Stonewater said:
15. Re: Favorite Monk Skill [rain]09/23/2009 03:55:31 PM PDT[/rain]
It was a tough call between SSS, Exploding Palm and Way of the 100 fists, but I ended up choosing Exploding Palm in the end, just for its sheer brutality.

I would like to mention though that Crippling Wave looks incredibly unimpressive to me. The graphic given looks more like a big gust of wind rather than a strike that deals any significant damage. From each video I've seen of it thus far, I get the feeling that it does little to no damage at all, and become surprised when I see enemies die after being hit.

To think of it differently, look at the contrast between Crippling Wave and Exploding Palm. Exploding Palm has a massive explosion that obviously depicts a large damage dosage, yet Crippling Wave looks more like a fan blowing dust in enemies faces. While I'm sure Exploding Palm does more damage, Crippling wave can still have a more dominant, compelling graphic while still having a lower damage output. As of right now, Crippling Wave just looks rather boring to pull off, and looks incredibly weak to boot (regardless of debuffs), which doesn't equal fun in my book.
[/blockquote]