Favorite DOTA Rules

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
O.O LOL - 2 linas, LESBIANS :)
Wtf?

Even the best Anti-Mage can't handle a full team of intelligence heroes unless he's gotten to farm up majorly. (Which he wouldn't be able to do against a good INT hero user.)

And I disagree Hellwolf, not every hero has a weakness if played correctly.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
well i was just in a game and i was lina, and i owned everyone; including night stalker. razor was ezpk vs a 1250 nuke, plus my actual attacks and other spells, so i dont see how hes "godly". 14-3 is not bad. i still agree with hellwolf, every hero has a weakness, or "counter". the wolf and night stalker can pick off the int heroes, and the int heroes can slaughter agil heroes most of the time. so its pretty balanced overall.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pretty much every hero has a weakness of some kind, unless it's Medusa. Only hero I know that can tear her down when she gets enough cash from farming is a really strong Magina, and even then, she prolly has the cash to revive herself, so what's the use? Yeah, you can gang up on her, and prolly pay for it, but how many times you think her team's just gonna sit back, munch some popcorn, and watch the show?

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Jenny said:
Wtf?

Even the best Anti-Mage can't handle a full team of intelligence heroes unless he's gotten to farm up majorly. (Which he wouldn't be able to do against a good INT hero user.)

And I disagree Hellwolf, not every hero has a weakness if played correctly.
All units have a weakness, you just need to exploit it.
You should read his title, that would explain is awkward behaviour.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
a crystal maiden with 310 dmg freezing field can take down a medusa..magina will not. unless maybe he has a butterfly, with that low HP, hes ezpk for medusa...

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Medusa is NOT going down to a CM late game. 2k+ HP and over 1.5k mana? CM is gonna die before she even knows what hit her. Magina has a chance because he burns away the shield per hit AND he can Void her for an instant kill.

Only real way to avoid going through that nightmare is to end the game early as possible and hope that her team doesn't leave. Medusa is like the only hero in the game that can take on 5 skilled opponents in a 5v1 game. It's disgusting.

Granted, I HAVE killed late game Medusas as Lycan and Slardar, however. Permastun + high damage > any hero. :D

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Its mostly because her ultimate allows her to shoot more than one opponent. I have once defeated MEdusa using Magina. As you said, Void her mana away and just attack her likes nuts if she tries to recover mana.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Its mostly because her ultimate allows her to shoot more than one opponent. I have once defeated MEdusa using Magina. As you said, Void her mana away and just attack her likes nuts if she tries to recover mana.

thats not her ultimate. her ultimate is the mana shield, but she has split shot as a level 5 skill so its PRACTICALLY the same thing. her and SA is are the only ones to have a lvl 5 skill.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That was done to avoid imbalancing.

Dream_Walker

Reaction score
totally! it should be like an "activate to start auto casting" thing

BlueHaze

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Medusa is fine, I've never had much of a problem with her, only clinkz gives me guff most of the time, any hero can be obscene when used a certain way against another hero used in a certain way.

I like AP, AR and MM the others I dont enjoy much. when your team is getting offed left and right because they think teamwork is for "n00bs" and the enemies get a triple, thats right, triple Turtle spawn you develope a loathing for supercreep mode.

DM is fun sometimes

ID is lame

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
totally! it should be like an "activate to start auto casting" thing
Yes, that would be a sufficient idea for using that ability. A passive just makes things too annoying, like a passive Incinerate. It was annoying in the early points, but later it wasn't of much help.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Multishot use to have a mana costing auto-cast. It ended up costing way too much and there never could be a solid mana costing about. It's fine without a mana cost. I think maybe additional arrows aside the mana do half damage or maybe a quarter damage and the next level up becomes half damage.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
You could jsut make the mana cost sufficient. Then Magina would stand a chance against her lol.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
AR
gg

or AP, dont care

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
-ap -dm -sc see if there are any heros left at the end hahah not really lol

ChrisH36

Reaction score
-id can be fun. But then again, you could lose all your items in an instant.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I didn't like -id too much. The game I played dragged on waaaayyyy too long, since everyone was so absolutely terrified of dying. Seriously, if they even THOUGHT a gank was coming, a push ended right there. I eventually ended it by just doing psycho rushes on the towers over and over. :p

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That's the point. ID is like seperating the chaff from the wheat :)