Fatal Error with Wc3(memory could not be written)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CatzKilla[DW]

Hi folks, im just a silly hardcore wcIII gamer from germany with some serious problems, which have been discussed here quite often...

I have the same prob like a lotta guys here seem 2 have:
Play WCIII and suddenly game closes and shows up this Fatal Error:

Exception: 0xC0000005(access_violation) at 001B:6F079C0F
The instruction at '0x6F073C0F' referenced memory at '0x00000004'.
The memory could not be 'written'.

memory adresses might deferr ;)

So the first time i got this error i was just a lil' bit annoyed...
But half a year ago from release and about 100 losses ,due to that f.... error, later im really angry...

The first thing i thought of was: Damn my RAMs r gone...
so i made a mem check from linux and voila about 2000 broken blocks in both DDRs...
So i went to my fav computer store and bought some new(luckily there still was warranty on the old ones)

One hour of wc3 later, the same error ocurred again.
So i thought: Humm the only other memory, which could cause that is on Grafx card, so i went to a friend and we changed 'em.
But what must i see 20 mins later??? THE SAME ERROR AGAIN!!

So i called the Blizzard Tech support here in germany but they just had a computer on the phone. During switching through their FAQs i realized that they must be aware of this error, coz 1 of 3 known errors was this fatal error. The nice computer told me to close all taks ecxcept systray and explorer, and dl the newest detonator and directx(last 2 things i've done 'bout 4 times already)
When that thing did not work i tried to install some different versions of windows(until then i only had winXP)
No i have tried Win98 SE, WinME, Win2k Pro and WinXPPro, and formatted and reinstalled my hd about 10 times and i still have that problem.
I have the newest driver for all my single cards devices or whatever but nothing helped :mad:

Now i'm asking you: Has anybody ever solved this problem and tried a thing i forgot??? I'm already totally F... up, because my b.net acc dropped from lvl 18 solo to lvl 15 just due to that damn Fatal Error, and im almost at that point 2 give up playin wc3(which is quite a hard thing for a freak like me)

My System is:
AMD Athlon XP1600+
with 512 MB DDR RAM(Apacer)
MSI KT7 2Pro (or somethin like that)
Elsa GeForce3 Ti200(32MB)
Maxtor 60GB HD
Creative SB Live! 1024 Player
and 2 Network Adapters (10/100 Mbit)
and an ISDN Card

Now i am interested if somebody else has got this error and has got a quite similar configuration(espacially the Motherboard, coz this is the only thing in my comp i couldn't testify)

I hope anyone read this quite long thread and can hlp me
would be n1

Catz

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hummm... I've seen the fatal error on a few occasions, but never like this. Your system specs looks perfectly fine, so I doubt thats the problem. Do you have any trouble with running other large memory-consuming games? Its pretty hard for me to help you here. Make sure to contact support@blizzard.com with all the details. There always really good about getting back to people (give them a week or so though). Sorry I can't help any more.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Try this...
  • First of all, try a clean reinstall of Warcraft III. A clean reinstall means that you uninstall Warcraft III then remove the Warcraft III folder and all its contents from your computer. Install the game again and the problem may subdue.
  • Go to www.nvidia.com/drivers and download the latest Detonator drivers for your card (make sure you uninstall previous drivers before installing new ones).
  • Go to www.microsoft.com/directx and download and install DirectX 8.1b.
From posting in the America's Army forums, I have learned that most issues with high-end games like Warcraft III turn out to relate to graphics card drivers and DirectX versions. Good luck getting your game to work properly.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but try this. Press Ctrl-alt-Del before playing WCIII and close all things (in Win98) except explorer, systray, rundll32, rundll, nvtask (norton) or any other software that can't be closed like norton. Disable any things like auto-protect and try again.

0xC000005, I think, is something like norton cos it runs early. If not, re-install.

E

expired-hero

Fatal Error (Warcraft 3)

Hi
I am having the same problem like you. Is your motherboard is ASUS ??

L

littlekid440

this might help

umm... well i donno much about the problem but wut you could try is rasing your ddr from 2.5 to about 2.8-2.8 volts from BIOS. this might help you out :madatu

Status
Not open for further replies.